Coronavirus | Page 286 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

My second lad, wonders if all this was done on purpose by Cummings, so that people would go ''well if he can do it etc etc...'' they can. Another way of being able to blame the people as they are still giving the same message.

Most of us will keep to what has been said. There is, though reports of people already saying ''if Dominic Cummings can do xyz...we can''

So the Tory MP Helen Whately on QT tonight when asked about the UK having the second highest death rate in the world answers by saying 'we need to look at what other countries have done ' . Yeah I would love . You will then see what an almighty cluster you have made.

Is it me or is the country more obsessed with getting over paid blokes to kick a pigs bladder about again rather than taking the government to task over the catastrophe of the death rate.

The second part is ridiculous in my very humble. Again, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

:cool:

Actually not what I meant to be fair. I worded it poorly. I was meaning the media. Been thinking for a few weeks now about how the government seem to be getting an easy ride over the death rate. Much of the media are full of grandiose headlines about when we can bbq together, go shopping, get our haircut (ahem) and football coming back.
Meanwhile our death rate climbs, other countries reduce in some cases to no more deaths and the government are not getting nearly enough scrutiny unless it is by Piers Morgan alone.

Daily Mail today - Happy Monday (talking about latest easing measures)- Ffs really?, Happy ?
The Sun - Back of the net (football resuming)- nevermind still 400 recorded deaths yesterday.

So the Tory MP Helen Whately on QT tonight when asked about the UK having the second highest death rate in the world answers by saying 'we need to look at what other countries have done ' . Yeah I would love . You will then see what an almighty cluster you have made.

Is it me or is the country more obsessed with getting over paid blokes to kick a pigs bladder about again rather than taking the government to task over the catastrophe of the death rate.
She was appalling, a total car crash. Dithering, babbling, jumpy, nervous, she was chatting all sorts of bollocks.

Actually not what I meant to be fair. I worded it poorly. I was meaning the media. Been thinking for a few weeks now about how the government seem to be getting an easy ride over the death rate. Much of the media are full of grandiose headlines about when we can bbq together, go shopping, get our haircut (ahem) and football coming back.
Meanwhile our death rate climbs, other countries reduce in some cases to no more deaths and the government are not getting nearly enough scrutiny unless it is by Piers Morgan alone.

Daily Mail today - Happy Monday (talking about latest easing measures)- Ffs really?, Happy ?
The Sun - Back of the net (football resuming)- nevermind still 400 recorded deaths yesterday.

I dislike the papers and the crap they put on their websites as much as anyone, but I think the media need to have a balance of how they portray the news for the spirit of the country. I notice that deaths aren’t reported with age ranges attached to them in recent weeks, I found that quite hard to read at times especially when it was people younger than me. Pangloss made a good point about social media, they’re profit-making entities and will do what they can (within a few moral boundaries) to make money - whether that’s good stories or bad stories.

The 10 o’clock news is consistently always bad news, and quite big bad news - if it’s not people dieing from corona, it’s kids in a dingy coming across the channel or teens stabbing each other.

It’s getting to a point where we seem to be coming out of the worst of it (of the initial peak I’m convinced) so a bit of good news to me doesn’t go amiss. I think there’s a lot of people who will suffer mentally post this crisis, I was watching a Muslim clergyman (not sure of what his title is but you get my drift) yesterday on the news and he was in tears, he’s doing death after death without time to mourn or take it all in.

Equally, the media and press need to hold the government accountable which to be fair, they have turned on this government.

When the time comes for the COVID inquiry, if the government play any games such as chapter 1 being an investigation into care homes deaths for example which I can see happening, I hope the press come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Equally, the media and press need to hold the government accountable which to be fair, they have turned on this government.

Have they really though.
They happily spent 5 days hammering one person (Cummings) for his stupid trip. And rightly so he needed hammering but have they spent 5 days in row hammering and I mean really taking them to task across the government for our death rate .

Have they really though.
They happily spent 5 days hammering one person (Cummings) for his stupid trip. And rightly so he needed hammering but have they spent 5 days in row hammering and I mean really taking them to task across the government for our death rate .

When I say media I generally mean the news channels as I don’t take much notice of the papers. I do read the odd article on my phone, usually it’s the Independent articles that catch my eye, rather than the mainstream Mail and Co. The Boris fan club started turning on the press, and were in danger of causing that divide a couple of weeks ago.

It would’ve been better for the press to have turned on Bojo as a “weak leader” or something which didn’t really happen, apart from the odd cartoon in the Times from what I saw.

First 'new normal' visit to the rubbish tip this afternoon to get rid of the old carpet and other things
Went smoothly but took longer as they allowing less in to create space between cars. Only one allowed out of the car though. Lots of signs to distance on the floor but people walking past each other quickly, couldn't really avoid it to be honest. Sometimes I guess you just can't avoid it. Weird times.

Can't believe people still can't go to a dentist when they are having major issues (I understand not going for minor reasons/check up)

I saw a lady at Sainsbury buying some Corona beer yesterday, I passed a hilarious comment about 'haven't we had enough of that by now?' Oh how we laughed.

Lockdown is over for the 18-24 year olds judging by the parks or greens.

Cant say I blame them anymore, they’re low risk so they’re allowing themselves to go out. They can catch it, get over it and contribute to herd immunity. If the Government senior advisor can do it, then there are no rules.

She was appalling, a total car crash. Dithering, babbling, jumpy, nervous, she was chatting all sorts of bollocks.
I didn’t watch it but considering their only strategy since 2010 has been to blame other people it puts into stark focus how inept they are when there’s no scapegoat for them to use

That sadly is what most MP's are like, if you want to listen to stupidity do like I have done and drive a group of MP's for the day, they are the lamest bunch of knobheads you ever encountered. They either make themselves twats by asking stupid questions or sit there fat dumb and happy to be visiting another place and getting expenses up the yinyang.

It was, I give you a few years ago and I remember the driver from the house of commons who took them off me not having much good to say about them either.