Coronavirus | Page 732 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The figures in the UK now for infections, hospitalisations and deaths are far worse than this time last year. How does that work if most people have been vaccinated

If the plan to get as many people as possible vaccinated and then get back to normal doesn't work, where do we go from there?

Where indeed.

I guess more working from home encouraged, more social distancing where appropriate and basically more people ill. Certainly more hospitals would be required because we can't keep putting all the other health needs on hold can we.

cases down for the 4th day in a row, but we wont see the impact of the unlocking until later next week

Cases are down because people are switching the app off so they don’t get pinged and /or not testing themselves. Start of the holidays people are scared to lateral flow or be notified as they will have days out, holidays etc ruined.

I know someone who’s wedding has been post 3 times. They switched off the app as didn’t want it ruined a fourth time .

According to my wife, Amazon are now asking their employees to switch the app off while they are at work.

I would love to know the % of people who actually downloaded and turned on the app. And probably now, how many have since deleted it. Seemed very unfair that it was down to personal choice, so some would be put out and others wouldn't.

24 July 2021
Because of technical difficulties in processing England deaths data, today's update is delayed.

Cases are down because people are switching the app off so they don’t get pinged and /or not testing themselves. Start of the holidays people are scared to lateral flow or be notified as they will have days out, holidays etc ruined.

I know someone who’s wedding has been post 3 times. They switched off the app as didn’t want it ruined a fourth time .
I actually did delete the app during the Euros as I didn’t want to miss a game because I got “pinged”. In the end I got Covid anyway and missed the final. I’ve since added it back. I can see why people don’t want it if they have things planned in the next 7-10 days.

A lot of people are complaining about the so called “pingdemic” but the real problem is that the virus is being allowed to run riot through the population which is what’s causing the amount of pings. The vaccines are essentially a percentage game and when there’s suddenly an enormous amount of cases the small % inefficiency of the vaccines suddenly adds up in real terms

i've found the track and trace inconsistent , some venues i've been to you scan the QR code and in, others there is nothing to scan. What chance have we got

I would love to know the % of people who actually downloaded and turned on the app. And probably now, how many have since deleted it. Seemed very unfair that it was down to personal choice, so some would be put out and others wouldn't.

I for one am glad I had the app and heres why, at work we agreed to test twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. Last Friday week I tested before going to work and it was clear....... I got pinged on the app Friday afternoon my Immediate response was "BOLLOCKS" but I did another LFT and was surprised to see a C & T line on my thingy. I Immediatly booked a PCR test because we all know LFT tests are crap but I was possitive. Without the app I would have been all over the shop at the weekend shopping, fuel and family........

Dont ditch the app lightly as my personal experience it saved me spreading it to countless others. Even if it makes you test yourself....

P.S. I did my first negative test today so just another 4 full day left to isolate.

Yeah, wasn't saying ditch it @col8 was saying, as per my post, I would love to know the % of people who have had it. I would be surprised if it was more than 50%

I don't think our track and trace system is fit for purpose anyway so it's debatable if it actually helps prevent covid spreading.

Also it has been said that legally you don't have to isolate even if you get pinged so people read that and you can guess the rest.