Coronavirus | Page 716 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

As far as I'm aware, the US is back to normal pretty much. Singapore is talking about life after Covid starting in August. The UK isn't alone in trying to move past this pandemic.

Yeah it's a worry, but at least the vacc roll out has been a success.

We're better off than Europe, the US and then there are those like Bolsonaro who haven't bothered full stop and then third world who haven't been given a chance yet - the variants will be out there, we won't add massively to that really.

Yeah it's a worry, but at least the vacc roll out has been a success.

We're better off than Europe, the US and then there are those like Bolsonaro who haven't bothered full stop and then third world who haven't been given a chance yet - the variants will be out there, we won't add massively to that really.
I did read somewhere earlier that Germany have actually vaccinated more people than we have in the UK, all using the EU vaccination programme which has been widely ridiculed by some.

But I do tend to agree that I can't see why the UK would be a hotbed of variant mutations any more than somewhere like Brazil or India.

Maybe I've missed an update then, but you'd expect Germany to do better owing to Merkel's background but last time I saw %'s, the EU were lagging massively given all the AZ nonsense - but admittedly I haven't followed their progress that closely and it could've been an average % in fairness.

As far as I'm aware, the US is back to normal pretty much. Singapore is talking about life after Covid starting in August. The UK isn't alone in trying to move past this pandemic.
US in trouble again. In the last 7 days cases have doubled in almost every state. LA County have reintroduced compulsory mask wearing, hospitals struggling again.

I just don't understand the numbers. I really am quite baffled by it all and I'm pretty good with numbers usually.

90% of adults vaccinated.
67% double dosed.
Millions must have natural antibodies by now especially given the rise in infections.

No even allowing for double dosed only be 90% effective and single 70%....

Who the fuck is still catching this thing?

Who are these 50k people per day? U18's? Vaccine dodgers?

Or are the vaccines just not working?

The numbers just don't add up for me.

I just don't understand the numbers. I really am quite baffled by it all and I'm pretty good with numbers usually.

67% double dosed.
Millions must have natural antibodies by now especially given the rise in infections.

I would assume most will be anti vaxers. But 50k a day is huge. Massive numbers. I'm the same. A tad baffled.

A single dose doesn't do much with the new variants, so 33% not fully protected is a big number - it's why the telling stat really now is smaller ICU numbers and then even smaller deaths even if infections are spiking through the roof.

Infections now in some ways are click bait in effect.

67% double dosed.

Well I guess that the logical answer would be that the vaccines are apparently not as effective as first thought. That’s really the only variable that has changed significantly.

:shrug:

It’s a vaccine to lessen the effects . It doesn’t stop you getting the virus. The vaccine is working because the people who are getting it are not ending up in hospital where as before they may well have .

Problem is the law of averages is that the more who get it the more will be seriously ill, Thats the worry. That’s why we still need to be careful, have certain restrictions, be strong and tell people they HAVE a to wear masks and not badge things as fucking freedom day as it gives the wrong impression to the dim wit fcuktards.

Last edited:
i do my own metric, when i drive 5 miles to see if my mom is ok and say hello, how many blaring ambulances do i have to pull over for or fly past me. Today was 4 in that short journey . Something isn't working

It’s a vaccine to lessen the effects . It’s doesn’t stop you getting it. The vaccine is working because the people who are getting it are not ending up in hospital where as before they may well have .

Yeah I get that but maybe the vaccine is not lessening the effects as much as was thought and people are in fact still ending up in hospital?

To be honest, I don’t trust the accuracy of the numbers anyway, cert not from this government.

That's panic Sil, you have no idea what those 4 Ambo's were for.

If it wasn't working JPA we'd have easily double the ICU and death numbers given the infection spike and it wouldn't be hitting mainly those in the single jab or no jab areas of the pop.

But better reporting here would help massively if we could track properly who was being hit.

That's panic Sil, you have no idea what those 4 Ambo's were for.

If it wasn't working JPA we'd have easily double the ICU and death numbers given the infection spike and it wouldn't be hitting mainly those in the single jab or no jab areas of the pop.

But better reporting here would help massively if we could track properly who was being hit.
I didn’t say it wasn’t working, just that perhaps it was not as effective as was thought.

Yeah I get that but maybe the vaccine is not lessening the effects as much as was thought and people are in fact still ending up in hospital?

To be honest, I don’t trust the accuracy of the numbers anyway, cert not from this government.

I think it was lessening the effects but that was when the restrictions were still in place. So vaccine plus restrictions and sensible people = low numbers. Vaccine plus hardly any restrictions plus Wembley type behaviour = high numbers. Doesn’t seem to be much middle ground . All or nothing . Nothing is sending it the wrong way.
And this is why the buffoons in charge need to be stronger compulsory masks, vaccine passports , tougher on unregulated mass gatherings. Max amount of restrictions that can enable the country and economy to get back on its feet.

It’s a vaccine to lessen the effects .

What? I mean actually, what the fuck? Is that actually true? If so then I had no idea.

A vaccine is to stop you catching something surely? I understand that they are only 70-90% effective but I thought their main purpose was to stop you catching it.... With the added bonus if you were unlucky and did actually still get it the symptoms would be less.

If what you're saying is true then I've been completely mis-sold.

I think it was lessening the effects but that was when the restrictions were still in place. So vaccine plus restrictions and sensible people = low numbers. Vaccine plus hardly any restrictions plus Wembley type behaviour = high numbers. Doesn’t seem to be much middle ground . All or nothing . Nothing is sending it the wrong way.
And this is why the buffoons in charge need to be stronger compulsory masks, vaccine passports , tougher on unregulated mass gatherings
we will be a breeding ground for new variants. Standby for the Wetherspoons or B&M variant which will be apocalyptic