Coronavirus | Page 715 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

its only you as a person can beat the covid, we all know what to do, dont be a twat and bring it home to the family and keep out of the battle cruiser, apparently there are thousands living it up in the spanish islands as there was no tomorrow, it beggars believe..seanie

absolutely ridiculous , roll on "Freedom Day"

My understanding of the situation in the UK is that it has mostly been a free for all all along. People on buses and in supermarkets refusing to wear masks etc.

I saw all of the videos of the high jinks before the final. I didn't see anyone wearing a mask in any of the videos.

Is that generally correct?

My understanding of the situation in the UK is that it has mostly been a free for all all along. People on buses and in supermarkets refusing to wear masks etc.

I saw all of the videos of the high jinks before the final. I didn't see anyone wearing a mask in any of the videos.

I suspect people on here would agree with that statement, but in reality it’s probably 95% compliance - there’s always one twat on a bus or a couple in a supermarket. The problem is a few percent is still a few percent.

The one common stereotype of people not wearing masks has been travellers, but individuals not wearing masks is quite varied across age ranges and genders I find.

I think 99% of Brits would overrate their behaviour though including me. I think we have a tendency to see the wrong in others a bit, rather that than look in the mirror. The reason I come to that conclusion is when my in laws would comment on the amount of people out and about, the irony of it is they must’ve been out and about to see.

Nah, always some dickheads who won't, but I think it has been pretty well followed. People perhaps stretching the rules, some ignoring, but largely I think people have tried to rally round and help each other out.

For me it feels like lockdown ended 2 months ago apart from mask wearing.

Think the amount of mixed messages, a lot of people did seem to just stop didn't they.

But think it was just a breakdown once Johnson was going on about lifting it last month, then not lifting etc.

But by and large, was well followed for a very long time.

Government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy were among those who sounded alarm bells about the policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

An adviser to New Zealand’s government told the summit he and his colleagues were astounded at the approach being taken in England.

“In New Zealand we have always looked to the UK for leadership when it comes to scientific expertise, which is why it’s so remarkable that it is not following even basic public health principles,” said Michael Baker, a professor of public health at the University of Otago and a member of the New Zealand ministry of health’s Covid-19 technical advisory group.

In fairness, given the reaction and behaviour of other countries, the vaccine quibbles and then the lack of joined up thought on vaccine distribution I doubt the UK will make a dent on the variant front in reality.

yep correct , we saw the selfishness last year , idiots flocking to beaches , climbing Snowdon, causing emergency situations at Durdle Door etc etc etc. A ridiculous clown leading the country doesn't help though. Embarrassed to be British which is a sad thing to say

In fairness, given the reaction and behaviour of other countries, the vaccine quibbles and then the lack of joined up thought on vaccine distribution I doubt the UK will make a dent on the variant front in reality.

As far as I'm aware, the US is back to normal pretty much. Singapore is talking about life after Covid starting in August. The UK isn't alone in trying to move past this pandemic.