Coronavirus | Page 54 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Does this explain the governments’ apparent lack of competence dealing with the situation, are they dealing with it competently in a way that’s quite disturbing to the average person?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...on-guinea-pig-uk-strategy-paris-a9408801.html

They have denied that they are going for herd immunity but it doesn't seem clear what they are trying to do exactly. Even China seems to have got it under control but Britain and the US can't even confirm how many cases they have.

They have denied that they are going for herd immunity but it doesn't seem clear what they are trying to do exactly. Even China seems to have got it under control but Britain and the US can't even confirm how many cases they have.

Yep, I just think the govt are incompetent and led by a buffoon. Arguably it’s a good, ruthless strategy but I don’t buy they have planned this.

Huge mistakes for me have been made in the prevention, thank god we’ve got a good opposition party to put the pressure on. Someone remind me who even is the shadow health secretary?

Last edited:
OK so I am supposed to start 3 months of self isolation. Have booked a home delivery, the earliest date I could get is Sat 4th Apr. So I thought I had better get down to Morrisons (nearest one to where I live). I think something really bad has happened there because there is nothing on the shelves. No bread, eggs, tea bags the list would take all day to type. What I cant understand is how on earth do you store eggs. Its manic.

It's just madness isn't.

Does this explain the governments’ apparent lack of competence dealing with the situation, or are they dealing with it competently in a way that’s quite disturbing to the average person?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...on-guinea-pig-uk-strategy-paris-a9408801.html

Sorry and all and I'm sure he's a lovely chap, and I'm glad he got through the leukaemia, but one bloke's meltdown (when it explains he can work from home perfectly owing to his role) means very little.

Herd immunity is obviously part of the plan even the Gov are trying to hide it - it's the natural response to a virus outbreak whether it's palatable or not.

I wish him well, but I'd rather stay in England rather than head to France and stick myself on a Eurostar at the moment.

Well, I've just made the problem worse in my area.

I've been the shop:

Couple of cans of Pepsi for her indoors.
Two bags of crisps.
4 pack of bog roll.
Milkshake and energy drink for the kids.
Pack of Sage and Onion stuffing.
A loaf of bread.

Oh and a can of spaghetti.

I don't know how we'll cope and worse still, I haven't ruled out going back tomorrow when I realise we need something else :tongue:

Sorry and all and I'm sure he's a lovely chap, and I'm glad he got through the leukaemia, but one bloke's meltdown (when it explains he can work from home perfectly owing to his role) means very little.

Herd immunity is obviously part of the plan even the Gov are trying to hide it - it's the natural response to a virus outbreak whether it's palatable or not.

I wish him well, but I'd rather stay in England rather than head to France and stick myself on a Eurostar at the moment.

I didn’t actually read the persons story, the theory was interesting about herd philosophy.

It’s probably the best thing in the long run but none of us want to lose our loved ones for the benefit of the future race.

I didn’t actually read the persons story, the theory was interesting about herd philosophy.

It’s probably the best thing in the long run but none of us want to lose our loved ones for the benefit of the future race.

Just read to me that they'd tagged on the 'emotive' story of his panic to justify fluffing the rehash about herd immunity lol

Up to 104 deaths now, feel for all concerned (and we all have concerns of our own when it comes to family members) but it's hardly the planet killer you'd think it was owing to the over reaction and panic in some quarters.

Just read to me that they'd tagged on the 'emotive' story of his panic to justify fluffing the rehash about herd immunity lol

Up to 104 deaths now, feel for all concerned (and we all have concerns of our own when it comes to family members) but it's hardly the planet killer you'd think it was owing to the over reaction and panic in some quarters.

Yep the numbers are still small at home, it’s up to 600 in Spain on 14k cases (official), that’s over 4%. I guess it’s the extrapolation of the small percentage becomes big and scary numbers.

I'd say schools shut from beginning of next week methinks. NI have closed them this evening after the Welsh and Scots announcement.

Boris' PC is also 15 minutes late, so likely timing Williamson in Commons with Boris confirming on TV is my guess.

Yep the numbers are still small at home, it’s up to 600 in Spain on 14k cases (official), that’s over 4%. I guess it’s the extrapolation of the small percentage becomes big and scary numbers.

Sadly 8000 worldwide I think now - what would be nice to know given the worry I can more than expect comes from the extrapolation - is a proper tally of those fully recovered (and then new cases, as opposed to 'total cases'.

It might help some calm down a bit.

How is it kids seem to get every virus or bug going at school, but now Boris says they are safe environments so it was counter intuitive to close them.

I’d say schools spread the majority of mild illnesses than any other public space, but then I’m not a health expert or a politician telling porkies.

Be interesting to see 'what' they now clarify as a key worker given the mention of the Police and supermarket delivery drivers etc.

I actually get more colds now via the kids than I ever did at school lol