Coronavirus | Page 514 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last edited:
Thought Birmingham going into tier 4 ruined my momentum, I was swimming pretty much everyday bar Christmas Day/Boxing Day and I was starting to feel pretty good as a result. Redditch in tier 3 is only an extra 2 miles to travel to so I’m gonna start swimming there for a bit. Only now I have to squeeze a mile into 45 minutes instead of 55.

I decided to try a ride today. Big mistake. It was cold to start with, then rain that had not been forecast down here arrived. By the time I got home, I couldn't feel my hands or feet. It took me over an hour to get warmed again. I feel like crap now.

I was in Rubery earlier and there’s a hill that leads to the top of the Lickeys there that I cycle up sometimes, was pure ice. It’s just not road cycling weather right now, Spring will be here before we know it.

Thought Birmingham going into tier 4 ruined my momentum, I was swimming pretty much everyday bar Christmas Day/Boxing Day and I was starting to feel pretty good as a result. Redditch in tier 3 is only an extra 2 miles to travel to so I’m gonna start swimming there for a bit. Only now I have to squeeze a mile into 45 minutes instead of 55.
I thought you were not allowed to travel to other areas (unless for work or education)?

I thought you were not allowed to travel to other areas (unless for work or education)?

I knew a comment like this would come. The border for Worcestershire runs alongside where I live, it would be very pedantic to stop me from going over it, my barbers is also classed as tier 3 and I went there this morning, have been going there for years. I also cycle in Redditch regularly so it’s not unusual for me to go there, my usual pool is just a bit closer and I worked there many years ago so I like going there. If I lived in say Kings Heath or closer to Birmingham City centre you’d have a point.

I knew a comment like this would come. The border for Worcestershire runs alongside where I live, it would be very pedantic to stop me from going over it, my barbers is also classed as tier 3 and I went there this morning, have been going there for years. I also cycle in Redditch regularly so it’s not unusual for me to go there, my usual pool is just a bit closer and I worked there many years ago so I like going there. If I lived in say Kings Heath or closer to Birmingham City centre you’d have a point.
It was just an observation Tom. I'm sure you'll do what you think is right.

It was just an observation Tom. I'm sure you'll do what you think is right.

I could make a trip to Wythall for the Post Office and I’d be crossing the boundary, it’s a bit silly for those of us who live next to the border lines as it’s still Birmingham really but a different county.

Actually the Worcester border runs through Sainsbury's at Maypole so half the shop is in tier 3 and the other half tier 4.

Just had a look at google and it runs right next to it, if you drive up the dual carriageway next to it you’ll see a sign that says ‘Welcome to Worcestershire’ or something like that. The only difference for me is who you pay your council tax to really as you’d still have a ‘B’ postcode.

Another thing is, if I was start running again I’d almost definitely be running in the Worcestershire countryside. Same for cycling.