Coronavirus | Page 361 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

A Spitfire bearing the names of thousands of heroes of the coronavirus pandemic has performed flypasts of hospitals across the south of England. The NHS Spitfire, which also has "Thank U NHS" emblazoned on the underside of its wings, visited 20 hospitals from Essex to Dorset.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53623148

North England Hospitals Matter :fish:

Last updated on Saturday 1 August 2020 at 4:15pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Saturday 1 August 2020
Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Saturday 1 August 2020

You did well Melon, down here in Cornwall its like nothing is wrong, people all side by side, the main street just full of idiots, and it looks like Villa Park turning out after a game at times.

Yes. Just seen the reports from Cornwall. I was last down there a couple of years ago around this time of year and St Ives and Padstow were just rammed under normal circumstances. If I was holidaying there now I would avoid such locations .

As I said we chose to go to less crowded places this week. It is easy to do and it's so obvious where the crowds will be. I just do not get why people are choosing to go where everyone else is !. I can only conclude that they genuinely don't give a shit.
You could argue that, like he said yesterday, the blond knob head was encouraging people to holiday in this country so that is what people are doing . But that shouldn't mean that the public need spoon feeding about avoiding the obvious crowded areas.

Said in the Jack thread, I jsut don't think people realise, or understand, or want to understand, how crap this virus can be. It isn't just about those who die. There is a lot of damage being done by it.

Also mentioned it took me a good 10-12 weeks for my chest to get back to normal, my mates son, young and fit lad, took longer.

Expert on NN the other night said what a clever virus it is because of the amount of damage it can do to a body very quickly.

The talk of potential long term respiritory damage has gone very quiet I noticed.

This is where the press coverage could've been a lot better and more balanced in terms of showing it could 'hurt you' even if you don't realise you've got it because you're in the lower risk categories.

Yeah, and more youngsters are getting it now they were saying as well. That hasn't been made clear. Trouble is, when you are young, you think you are invincible anyway.

Yes definitely - the youth invincibility (we were all there I imagine!) is exactly why the press about this needed to be more balanced. For sure, it wouldn't have got through to everyone but even getting through to 10% more would've made a difference.

I know some will think it's nanny state propaganda but the line should've actually been along the lines of 'you might not even realise you have it, but it could hurt you in the future. You won't care about that, so care about your mum, dad, gran, grandad that you'll pass it onto...because the hurt for them won't be 40 yrs in the future'....

etc

Whilst your enjoying your rave tonight, spare a thought for how you'll feel in four weeks when someone you love has died and we can show you were the cause....

etc etc

Spoke to my cousin‘s other half today, they live 4 miles outside the current Manchester lockdown zone. She said the nightlife is not so much night but day life aswell it is that busy in the bars. This along with the many people living in the concentration of flats in the city centre is just too much. People cannot help where they live but as has been spoken about more widely in the press and in other threads the young are coming under scrutiny . Is this selfishness, lack of understanding, naivety . I am trying to be balanced and think back to my younger days and would I be as sensible as my 45 year old self thinks they should be. Early 20’s seems a world away now with all I have experienced and have gone through since those days.

Worrying times . Will people only understand when they get directly affected.

Spoke to my cousin‘s other half today, they live 4 miles outside the current Manchester lockdown zone. She said the nightlife is not so much night but day life aswell it is that busy in the bars. This along with the many people living in the concentration of flats in the city centre is just too much. People cannot help where they live but as has been spoken about more widely in the press and in other threads the young are coming under scrutiny . Is this selfishness, lack of understanding, naivety . I am trying to be balanced and think back to my younger days and would I be as sensible as my 45 year old self thinks they should be. Early 20’s seems a world away now with all I have experienced and have gone through since those days.

Worrying times . Will people only understand when they get directly affected.

Yes, it's a good point. People jump on the BAME angle, but as we moved to nuclear families and away from flats, there is the student element and city centres etc which balances that change in life.

I was sensible (I think) when younger, but I've ended up in places I never envisaged as I drank. It's not just those not giving a shit, it's also those who go with the flow who never see those people again (which was a lot of my social life really) because we clicked in the moment, but there was never a future to that friendship etc.

If I judged my past now I'd use a bullet or put myself in JF's camp if I'm honest. And I say that as someone who was jokingly accused of being in 'his grandad's slippers' before I was 20.

Yeah if we are
Yes, it's a good point. People jump on the BAME angle, but as we moved to nuclear families and away from flats, there is the student element and city centres etc which balances that change in life.

I was sensible (I think) when younger, but I've ended up in places I never envisaged as I drank. It's not just those not giving a shit, it's also those who go with the flow who never see those people again (which was a lot of my social life really) because we clicked in the moment, but there was never a future to that friendship etc.

If I judged my past now I'd use a bullet or put myself in JF's camp if I'm honest. And I say that as someone who was jokingly accused of being in 'his grandad's slippers' before I was 20.
Yeah if we are being judged on past mistakes then i will be crawling to Fears camp with you. May need some torturing on the way there too.

Under the proposal, people aged between 50 and 70 could be given ‘personalised risk ratings’ – based on factors such as age and health conditions – and asked to shield themselves in the event of an outbreak,

From the link sirdennis shared above.
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/02/mill...second-wave-13071328/?ito=cbshare?ito=cbshare

How on earth could the doctors/nhs possibly have the manpower to assess each person over that age and their health risk?

And what about being able to be properly tested so if you have had it, you are ok to be out? And how about if this f****** **** had done his job at the get go, we'd not be in this mess anyway.

It is just ridiculous now. Still, as long as politicians, advisors, footballers, protestors, and ignorant footie fans who are asked not to, but do anyway, not to mention beach dwellers and couldn't give a fuck I'm doing what I want to do people can continue being fucktards, all should be well.

I'm over 50 (just) and have asthma. No way I'm returning to our office anytime soon . The office Is also in one of the listed hotspots so think I have a strong case to continue WFH.