Coronavirus | Page 360 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I have just retuned from a local Deli where every table is full of holiday makers, no one wearing a mask, as is the law, except, yes youve guessed it, I have to wear a mask to order food to go.
Not in a seperate part of the shop, but stood amongst all other eat in customers.
Am I missing something here.

I have just retuned from a local Deli where every table is full of holiday makers, no one wearing a mask, as is the law, except, yes youve guessed it, I have to wear a mask to order food to go.
Not in a seperate part of the shop, but stood amongst all other eat in customers.
Am I missing something here.

Difficult to eat when wearing a mask though?
My Mrs has just been to the bank, had to queue outside, a woman bank staff wearing a mask comes out to each person in the queue and asks them what they want she's that close shes practically in their fecking ear. My Mrs told her she should be two metres away and a mask doesn't make you immune. That didn't go down too well. People think wearing a mask means they can get in your face

Difficult to eat when wearing a mask though?
My Mrs has just been to the bank, had to queue outside, a woman bank staff wearing a mask comes out to each person in the queue and asks them what they want she's that close shes practically in their fecking ear. My Mrs told her she should be two metres away and a mask doesn't make you immune. That didn't go down too well. People think wearing a mask means they can get in your face
I get the eating wearing a mask bit, but dont get me getting a take out surrounded by non mask wearers.
Still, lessens my chances of getting it so all ok.
Sounds like your missus dont suffer fools gladly, just like your good self.

Average infections in England last week 2800 per day, this week 4200 per day ! First increase since May and it's a big jump.

Whatever needs to be done to save lives .

I don't care if its religious festivals, sport , holidays, concerts, shows, weddings or bar mitzvahs being cancelled.

Suck it up, show some resilience and get your head around the idea that life will not be the normal you want it to be for a bloody long time..

What is it that people do not understand about this....
A pandemic is the worldwide spread of a new disease.
An influenza pandemic occurs when a new influenza virus emerges and spreads around the world, and most people do not have immunity.

Last updated on Friday 31 July 2020 at 3:59pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Friday 31 July 2020
Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Friday 31 July 2020

At a glance, what you can do. I think it has become a wee bit complicated, whereas before the advice was fairly straightforward.

I didn't realise you could only meet up at a pub/restaurant with one other household for instance, unless I'm reading it wrong (which I don't think I am!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

I get the eating wearing a mask bit, but dont get me getting a take out surrounded by non mask wearers.
Still, lessens my chances of getting it so all ok.
Sounds like your missus dont suffer fools gladly, just like your good self.

No, she doesn't mate, don't forget she was a nursing sister at City hospital and she's had to deal with all sort of fools. Always first in there to help anyone but you wouldn't want to cross her ;)

Whatever needs to be done to save lives .

I don't care if its religious festivals, sport , holidays, concerts, shows, weddings or bar mitzvahs being cancelled.

Suck it up, show some resilience and get your head around the idea that life will not be the normal you want it to be for a bloody long time..

What is it that people do not understand about this....
A pandemic is the worldwide spread of a new disease.
An influenza pandemic occurs when a new influenza virus emerges and spreads around the world, and most people do not have immunity.

Saw this on facebook together with a picture of some little kids starving which I won't cut and paste over

PERSPECTIVE

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet.

When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million. At 52, the Korean War starts, and five million perish.

Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict.

As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85-year-old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this. In the history of the world, there has never been a storm that lasted. This too shall pass.

Author Uknown
Feel free to share.

Been away for a few days this week up in the Peak District . Lots of pooch walking and a break from the normal. Despite their teenage years I think the kids appreciated it . Made the decision to eat in every night which was great actually as we had food then took turns to pick a film each night ( I do love the kids now they are older- proper people i can communicate with!).

I did wonder if it was the right thing to do. But totally adapted the few days. I am just not up to being around people unless I have to.

The cottage we stayed in was out in the sticks obviously. We got a food delivery at the start . Everything we did was outside and we didn’t eat at a pub or cafe. Just got an ice cream from a stall outside when out and about . I’m sure if we wanted to we could have found crowds but the busiest was a lovely river location where people gather because the kids and dogs can play in the clear water. Have to say people were very good at spacing out and you could find somewhere easily away from people .
Travelling home made me think was that right to do but will admit that was mixed with glad we did as we managed to get away before it all kicks off again

What is wrong with the planet?

Thousands of people in the German capital Berlin are taking part in a protest against the country's coronavirus restrictions. The demonstrators say the measures, including the wearing of facemasks, violate their rights and freedoms.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53622797

"Our demand is to go back to democracy. Away with these laws that have been imposed on us, away with the masks that make us slaves," said one woman.

Really?:rolleyes:

Pubs or "other activities" in England may need to close to allow schools to reopen next month, a scientist advising the government has said. Prof Graham Medley told the BBC there may need to be a "trade-off", with the re-opening of schools seen as a "priority" for children's wellbeing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613

Been away for a few days this week up in the Peak District . Lots of pooch walking and a break from the normal. Despite their teenage years I think the kids appreciated it . Made the decision to eat in every night which was great actually as we had food then took turns to pick a film each night ( I do love the kids now they are older- proper people i can communicate with!).

I did wonder if it was the right thing to do. But totally adapted the few days. I am just not up to being around people unless I have to.

The cottage we stayed in was out in the sticks obviously. We got a food delivery at the start . Everything we did was outside and we didn’t eat at a pub or cafe. Just got an ice cream from a stall outside when out and about . I’m sure if we wanted to we could have found crowds but the busiest was a lovely river location where people gather because the kids and dogs can play in the clear water. Have to say people were very good at spacing out and you could find somewhere easily away from people .
Travelling home made me think was that right to do but will admit that was mixed with glad we did as we managed to get away before it all kicks off again
You did well Melon, down here in Cornwall its like nothing is wrong, people all side by side, the main street just full of idiots, and it looks like Villa Park turning out after a game at times.

Germany... dear oh dear. Slaves. Just fuck off, fuck the fuck off.

Lets just give up!

Yeah - you know when you have one of those 'I must have read that wrong' moments so you go back and check, but you weren't wrong and then you get a little bit confused until you realise 'humans are arseholes'.

It's not like we're not seeing clear second spikes around the planet is it!?

We can all debate how useful a mask may be on transmission and yes I'm sure we'd all have preferred to spend that couple of quid on something different...but where exactly is the hardship and imposition here?