Coronavirus vaccine | Page 79 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Couldn't help noticing that almost every single person I've seen recently on public transport without a mask is relatively young. Very high compliance rate generally.

I do wonder just how ill one has to be to be allowed to go without a face covering. My eldest brother had serious asthma but I'm certain he was capable of wearing a mask apart from when he was literally suffering an attack.

Couldn't help noticing that almost every single person I've seen recently on public transport without a mask is relatively young. Very high compliance rate generally.

I do wonder just how ill one has to be to be allowed to go without a face covering. My eldest brother had serious asthma but I'm certain he was capable of wearing a mask apart from when he was literally suffering an attack.
They might suffer from anxiety - not every disability is visible remember 🙄

2nd dose all done for me back home among the stroodies this morning.
Well done Jerry.
I had a call last night from a friend who lives near Bergerac and they haven’t had the first jab yet.
They are hoping for about June as they are early sixties.
It appears that the roll out in France is pretty shambolic. Funnily enough, I asked him if he would take the AZ jab when available and he said he’s not sure. He said he’d prefer a ‘safer’ one.
I told him I had AZ but Mrs S had Pfizer.

If only one good thing comes out of leaving the Eu, it must surely be our swift vaccine accreditation and roll out.

Well done Jerry.
I had a call last night from a friend who lives near Bergerac and they haven’t had the first jab yet.
They are hoping for about June as they are early sixties.
It appears that the roll out in France is pretty shambolic. Funnily enough, I asked him if he would take the AZ jab when available and he said he’s not sure. He said he’d prefer a ‘safer’ one.
I told him I had AZ but Mrs S had Pfizer.

If only one good thing comes out of leaving the Eu, it must surely be our swift vaccine accreditation and roll out.
When the vaccine was given official approval the woman (forgotten her name) who made the announcement specifically stated that it was not because we'd left the EU. Each country could make it's own decisions in an emergency. It is the one thing this crowd of shysters has got right.

Still, don't let factsget in the way of another little snipe at the EU in an attempt to justify "winning".

Note I haven't piled in about the inevitable f up in Northern Ireland (merely pointedout Johnson lying).

When the vaccine was given official approval the woman (forgotten her name) who made the announcement specifically stated that it was not because we'd left the EU. Each country could make it's own decisions in an emergency. It is the one thing this crowd of shysters has got right.

Still, don't let factsget in the way of another little snipe at the EU in an attempt to justify "winning".

Note I haven't piled in about the inevitable f up in Northern Ireland (merely pointedout Johnson lying).

Your facts are not actually facts 58.
Had we not left the Eu, then the MRHA would not have existed and therefore it would have been impossible for them to have passed the AZ vaccine weeks before the EMA did.
I know the reason as to why the EMA were slow but that’s for another time.
So, it’s rubbish to claim that we could have done the same if we were in the Eu .
It would have been impossible and you’d still be waiting for your jab.

Me n other half had 2nd jab early this morning,no queue well organised,just starting to feel crap now,same as first lasted about day,

Had we not left the Eu, then the MRHA would not have existed and therefore it would have been impossible for them to have passed the AZ vaccine weeks before the EMA did.
So, it’s rubbish to claim that we could have done the same if we were in the Eu .
Then why did the woman state that it wasn't because we'd left?

Was she a 'Remoaner' lying on duty?
I specifically remember her saying so.

Just checked it.

BBC article on 2/12/20, Chris Morris Reality Check. Specifically stated it's introduction was not hastened by Brexit.

Dr June Raine, head of UK medicines (MRHA) said the vaccine was introduced "using provisions under EU law which prevail up to 1/1/21"

The MRHA came into being on 1/4/2003.

Are the BBC and head of the MRHA lying (because they are Remoaners) and you know the truth?

Are you joining in with Pledge?

Last edited:
We need to keep the South African variant under control. I’m happy with the transmission rate at the moment but who knows if this South African variant will buck the transmission trend? That would be a major disappointment with the majority of our vaccines being largely useless against it.

I hate to admit it, but I agree🤫

We need to keep the South African variant under control. I’m happy with the transmission rate at the moment but who knows if this South African variant will buck the transmission trend? That would be a major disappointment with the majority of our vaccines being largely useless against it.
Agree we should remain cautious.

How about giving in and letting people go on holiday all over the world so that they can mix with people from every other nation and bring back the variants and encourage mutations?

Nooooooooooo!

Sorry (Nobby) but f### foreign holidays for now given what we've been through just to risk throwing it away yet again.

Last edited:
Agree with Shotshy? How? Have you read posts 1573 and 1574?
Of course he agreed with me.
Although the MRHA existed, it deferred authority to the EMA, as do all EU member countries.
The statement that ‘technically’ we could have done it while in the Eu is correct, the reality is somewhat different, which is why the 27 wait for authority from the EMA before proceeding.
The rules of the EU are that you submit a certain amount of sovereignty, as a member.
As you well know mate, there are many instances of the EU over ruling individual nations.
In this instance, all Eu countries waited for permission from the EMA.
The individual countries still have their own medicines agencies for internal decisions.
Denmark has decided to abandon the AZ vaccine despite the EMA stating that the risk is negligible.

Last edited: