Coronavirus tipping point | Page 22 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

That's what's happening here in Spain at the moment, they're fast approaching capacity. Currently trying to set up a makeshift hospital in the IFEMA exhibition centre with an extra 5500 beds, plus various hotels are starting to be used as hospitals too.
I'm not sure beds are the problem , it's the equipment that sits next to them.
No country has enough ventilators at the moment.

I'm not sure beds are the problem , it's the equipment that sits next to them.
No country has enough ventilators at the moment.

Yes, a shortage of ventilators is a problem too. But the trouble is, if hospitals are overflowing with coronavirus patients, what happens to people with other problems who need hospital treatment? Heart attacks? Appendicitis? Broken bones? Extra beds can at least provide extra capacity for those kind of patients.

Mr Wetherspoon on the radio this morning was calling for pubs to stay open - I wonder whose interests he was thinking of? Good job I've been hoarding beer, wine, dry sherry, gin and more gin.

All parks closed in Italy; I guess we'll follow suit in three/four weeks. I asked why they have done this and it seems that, if they give an inch, [2.5cm] they'll take a mile [1.6 kms].

Last edited:
Certainly not Labour's fault and you might just remember that Gordon Brown was one of the few finance ministers to set about stirring up the G7 etc in order to solve the problem. If you're dumb enough to blame Labour for the recession rather than has lending in the USA then so be it.
Labour was responsible for the length and depth of the recession from 2008 on because Govt. finances were too weak to deal with the problem (caused by the banks).

Dozens of other countries suffered from the banking crisis - but because they started without such a huge Govt. deficit - year after year - they could afford to:
a) support their banks
b) maintain current Govt. spending

Yet in the Labour bubble they have convinced themselves that years of a huge annual Govt. deficit had no bearing on the UK's ability to respond.

The current crisis justifies Govt. support...
.....but if anyone thinks that the HUGE amounts involved will be paid back only by a handful of billionaires is deluding themselves.
Everyone will pay.

Labour was responsible for the length and depth of the recession from 2008 on because Govt. finances were too weak to deal with the problem (caused by the banks).

Dozens of other countries suffered from the banking crisis - but because they started without such a huge Govt. deficit - year after year - they could afford to:
a) support their banks

Yet in the Labour bubble they have convinced themselves that years of a huge annual Govt. deficit had no bearing on the UK's ability to respond.

.....but if anyone thinks that the HUGE amounts involved will be paid back only by a handful of billionaires is deluding themselves.
Everyone will pay.
That is total bollocks. There was not “huge” government debt. In fact government debt was around the mid range of debt for countries in the G8 at the end of the financial crisis. This was admitted by George Osborne in his evidence to the Select Committee that looked into the circumstances of the financial crash. Its this total garbage about Labour spending that has distorted the political debate. You like talking about bubbles. Remainers‘ bubble. Labour’s bubble. The only bubble I can see is the one that exists where your brain should be.

So you take the odd exceptions and extrapolate across the whole country

Sorry, did I say the whole country?????
I'm starting to think you must actually be Italian with a poor grip of English as you are such an expert. You keep reading my (and other's) posts and totally (intentionally) misunderstanding them ......either that or you are being deliberately obtuse

Are you bored and just looking for a wind up?

a) support their banks

Everyone will pay.
And no doubt you believed that austerity was the right policy; coronavirus aside, Boris' budget would have meant eye watering amounts of debt compared with anything in the past, although dwarfed by the sums Trump has accumulated.
Everyone will pay.
Maybe but it will probably be less than if the Govt hadn't stepped in; the loans, subsidies and grants etc the Govt is giving will keep the economy ticking over, ie people will spend if only on loo rolls. Otherwise, businesses would go bust big time and many workers would be on the dole. What is the lesser of two evils - it's a no brainer

Last edited:
Sorry, did I say the whole country?????
I'm starting to think you must actually be Italian with a poor grip of English as you are such an expert. You keep reading my (and other's) posts and totally (intentionally) misunderstanding them ......either that or you are being deliberately obtuse

Are you bored and just looking for a wind up?
Go to your post #385 and the inference is that it's a nationwide rather than isolated event. Questo è tutto mio amico.

Go to your post #385 and the inference is that it's a nationwide rather than isolated event. Questo è tutto mio amico.
No, the statement (not inference) was that....

1. Italy has a large catholic following
2. As part of that religion they kiss the hands of priests etc.
3. There was footage if this practice on a news report recently whilst the ban was in force.

If any of the above statements are false, let me know and I will retract them.

In case you need help, here is the passage you asked me to read.....

"Italy for example have a high catholic community that all seem to spend half their lives kissing each others hands in fact, there was footage of a congregation kissing the hand of a priest just last week when it was in full swing"

That reads, to me, as if I am mentioning one isolated incident. (Ok, I probably over exaggerated a little for effect, I don't know the exact %age of italian Catholics but you probably do)

Sorry, I don't know any smug italian phrases to finish with and I'm not pretentious enough to google some.

I am somewhat amused by this massive dose of state intervention in a crisis. Will the arch Capitalists object and demand it is left to the free market. All this Government debt being welcomed by people who have voted against such policies for years.

Tarian not understanding what he has read as usual in posts above - see Waldo's reply.