Cooperman | Vital Football

Cooperman

There is some great logic behind Vince's decision making - with 6 games to go we are putting all our expectations on the shoulders of the under 18's coach,

Chairman Dale Vince said: “This decision we’ve made today is about giving ourselves the best chance of securing promotion with six games left.

Despite our collective efforts we’ve been unable to halt our slide in form, which has the potential to take us out of contention this season.

I’ve enjoyed working with Mark these last five years, he’s made a big contribution to the club and will always be a friend.

In football sometimes you just need to make a change - and with Mark’s contract ending next month, and us needing a change in the next six games - this feels like the right decision.”

As a result of the change, Assistant Head Coach Richard Dryden has also left the club.

Under-18s Manager Jimmy Ball will be interim Head Coach of the first-team until the end of the season."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/forest-green-rovers-part-company-5286887

They have just lost 4 on the bounce but are currently 6th in their league.

Thank christ other chairman in similar situations don't have a knee jerk reaction to poor form.

Despite his often ill thought out comments, he's done a very decent job there overall. A club which is ahead of where they should be

And here was me idly thinking earlier, when I saw FGR mentioned, Cooper might go in the summer if FGR failed yet again to fill in the second of those ridiculous stars.

Crazy timing born of panic by dear old Stale Mince.

Did well to hang on for five years in todays hire em fire em times, and achieved Football League status for a Village team. Will not miss his beep beep smug face though and crap post match interviews, loved his expressions when the Imps won 3-2 at FGR, never to be forgotten !! Think DC always fired his players up when we played them and we served up a special welcome for him at SB. Wonder where he will surface next season, Cod land ?

Didn't they do something similar when they were in the conference? Pretty sure that might have been even fewer games left.

Be careful what you wish for? Some clubs only seem to do well under a particular manager, and I wonder whether Forest Green and Cooper are one of those?

Ooh there’s all sorts of delicious thoughts going through my mind - fail to make POs, then next season relegated back to the NL (where they belong) and go through four managers in the process 🤞😂🤣😂🤣💩

Not sure what the new guy is supposed to do, they've got no fit strikers so that's the reason behind their losing form.

Out of contract at the end of the season so I suspect Vince had already made his mind up anyway regardless of how the end of the season went. You don't make a decision on the manager purely because of a 4 or 6 game loss of form when you lose all your strikers to injury.

Not sure what the new guy is supposed to do, they've got no fit strikers so that's the reason behind their losing form.

Out of contract at the end of the season so I suspect Vince had already made his mind up anyway regardless of how the end of the season went. You don't make a decision on the manager purely because of a 4 or 6 game loss of form when you lose all your strikers to injury.

Agreed, more likely he wants to get someone new in for the last 3 games or so to analyse the squad and see what the new person wants to cut out and what they want to sign so they can start reshaping the squad early in the summer

Clearly you do if your name is Stale Mince and you are wholly driven by success 🤔💩🤯