Cook will still make cockups. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cook will still make cockups.

Genuine question, i would love to know the reason behind this!

From Fulham's website:

"Wednesday 31 July 2019 10:00
Fulham's meeting with Wigan Athletic at Craven Cottage in September will now be played on the Friday night.
We were originally scheduled to host the Latics on Saturday 28th September, but due to Chelsea's home match against Brighton & Hove Albion on that date, we will now play on Friday 27th September (7.45pm).
The Club was unable to announce this change earlier, as television picks for that period had not been selected."

I think you will find that Chelsea and Fulham are less than 2 miles apart and supporters will be on same public transport routes. We can blame whichever later body (PL/EFL) that scheduled the game knowing the other game is on.

I think you'll find that all 4 clubs are a long way away from each other.

Yes, that was my point NZFC when I replied to mightylatics, the clubs mentioned were miles apart, different proposition to Fulham and Chelsea both being at home.

Sorry, boring story but, I have a very vague recollection of going to Fulham away once (probably late 80's early 90's) and having hitch hiked down on the Saturday morning managing to blag a lift after the match on the supporters coach to "the first services on the M1 please".
Left the ground just after 5pm and at 8pm we were still parked within spitting distance of Craven Cottage because the whole area was gridlocked. My (failing) memory seems to think someone else had been at home at the same time (England at Twickenham springs to mind although a quick internet search seems to dispute this).
Anyway, this could all be complete bollocks, it's just that this thread brought back some distant memories.
I've a feeling we lost 4:0 and a 75 year old Clive Walker scored a hat trick but my memory could be merging Fulham away trips.

What miserable load of bollocks
Well I did say he would make mistakes. Back to booting the ball upfield.
If those people who called my original post miserable that is your view which you are entitled to. But it shows a complacency whist Cook and the Board of Directors show a moribund attitude and a ignorance of what the paying customers want. The time has arrived for Cook to be loaned out to a Division Two or National League Team. Then bring in someone, who may cost, but who has experience in the Premiership and Championship. Time is of the essence as we need to keep winning to climb up the table. Cook has done his best and we thank him. But he must go.

Sorry, boring story but, I have a very vague recollection of going to Fulham away once (probably late 80's early 90's)
Anyway, this could all be complete bollocks, it's just that this thread brought back some distant memories.
I've a feeling we lost 4:0 and a 75 year old Clive Walker scored a hat trick but my memory could be merging Fulham away trips.

Well Arthur ....we did lose 4-0 at Fulham on 25th November 1989 which was in the midst of Clive Walker’s 3 years there....and although our various defeats at Fulham are plentiful.....that’s the only time we lost by that score so that must be ‘your match’

We are in the same boat as last season already ..relying on our home form and other teams around us to lose .
We need a win Tuesday as we will get nowt at S.W

Lets see if we beat Charlton away if Cook is still in charge!

Edit, Oh shit just noticed Charlton away is the penultimate game of the season, if he's still here we'll be already relegated.

Last edited: