Cook will still make cockups. | Vital Football

Cook will still make cockups.

strapworld

Vital Newbie
Yesterday Wigan Athletic played the football I and many on this blog had demanded last season and this. Stop the High Ball. Keep it on the ground. Cook must have been reading these comments. The passing and speed, the constant pressing was so reassuring. My main concern is COOK. He will keep chopping and changing and making ridiculous substitutions, he mentioned a week or so ago that he loves Kipre! I for one do not rate him. But you can lay a bet that he will replace the excellent Mulgrew with Kipre. Our goal scorer yesterday Cheyenne Dunkley plays better now because he has confidence in Mulgrew because he certainly did not appear to trust Kipre. The young lad Lowe shows promise but it would be good if he is told he is in a TEAM and stop being selfish. But with Cook in charge we will win some, lose many and draw a lot. Sorry to be so negative after such a good show. But one swallow does not a summer make. One Cook does make a long long winter. I do hope I am proved wrong.....but sadly do not believe I will be.

Martinez made cockups countless times, but he had a firm belief on his philosophy, and we stuck to it regardless, we had some games where I never seen A Wigan team play that well, and then some horrendous performances too.

Now under Cook i can accept managers make cockups because every manager does, but I still don't really know how he wants us to play, sometimes we seem void of any gameplan, and that is frustrating for me.

Yesterday I said, we looked really comfortable, never looked to be on the back foot, but we never offered anything clear as day from open play, and yes, sometimes that can happen, and we seem to have worked on set pieces, and this time it worked, something needed to work, so I am happy there.

Will have to see what happens friday, but I won't count on a win away from home as I have yet to see anything different in that regard, that needs to change though. We did beat Leeds...

We can't go season to season relying on 3 other teams to be worse than us.
Zero improvement despite spending millions buck stops with the manager - should of got rid last December, should have got rid end of season, should have got rid pre int break.
Yesterday papered over a load of cracks which are simply not being fixed and won't be as Cook is not good enough for this level.

Think we will always be looking for 3 worse teams Charlton will drop like a stone if yesterday was any thing to go by

That's a great return on IECs summer investment- not

What's a minimal return for IECs summer investment?
Perhaps they'd be happy for us to stay up this season and progress slowy while Cook builds a squad capable of promotion.

Looked more solid Saturday , 4 goals in 2 games , the flow was better and quicker , we could of won at Hull apart from silly mistakes .
Very surprised Joe was not given 20 mins subs were a head scratcher but a good win ..

Don't be taken in by that "flash in the pan" last Saturday, we had the odd good game last season and people thought we had turned the corner only to crash the week after then the week after that.

Cook seems to be just doing enough to hang on to his job, but it won't be enough to keep us up.

Lets see friday ( not on the red button either )
Hopefully we can get something there ..

So hang on here, i was lead to believe that the Fulham game was switched to Friday for Sky Sports, what bloody barnpot reason has it been switched from Saturday?
Genuine question, i would love to know the reason behind this!