Conte | Page 2 | Vital Football

Conte

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Pollo - 28/7/2017 07:54

Taricco the yid - 27/7/2017 18:59

I don't understand why hes a dick. Seems a respectable guy.

Just because he is spending money on players means nothing in this current climate. So what if he has spent 150m, they have been forced to pay the going rate for players they want. We choose not to.

We will see if his words are true.

While he has some good points, you don't go talk about your rivals and question their ambitions in public. Respectable managers stick to speaking about their own teams. Others, like Jose and now Conte, are classless.

He knows what he's doing, he trying to stir sh1t up.

Exactly :1:

ScottDaYid - 28/7/2017 09:24

Of course he's right in what he says but he has no right to say it about us. If an ex manager/player says it then fair enough, he's just playing mind games already. You don't hear Poch (or many other managers) commenting on other teams in a negative way.

Obviously has no class, suits them down to the ground.

He is right; our ambition is limited by our finances - the chasm that exists between us and those we've raised above of in recent years, is in financial terms, vast.

Of course, if we had a billionaire owners who was gung-ho and full off burning ambition and didn't care two shakes of a lambs tail how much money he burned, we might have achieved more quicker - but the leagues are littered with clubs and billionaires that are now on the bonfire of the vanity's.

I was reminded just a couple of days ago of the costs of QPR's ambitious billionaire owners - they spent money like water and are now in a deep dark whole and may never recover as funnily enough the very Billionaires that sanctioned the spending are now refusing to deal with the £260 mill debt hole they're in...

They are a badly broken club, and are soon to be joined by another ambitious billionaires club in Sunderland where the Billionaire has now got bored that 'success' wasn't guaranteed after spending big on fees and salaries the club can't support.

So, Conte has a point, we are limited by our financial prudence and a continuous ethic of living within our means, and that means the very definition of progress has at times been ponderous and littered with opportunities we didn't and perhaps might have risked taking.

But that's history, what we now have in progress is the differing attributes for an amazingly bright future where finally we will be both playing and financially competitive in the toughest league in the World.

Finally, Levy's long PL experience and frustratingly stable approach is paying off.

No doubt they will still be those advocating finding an 'ambitious' Billionaire(s) owner(s) who will splash cash we don't have to close the gap between us and the elite who do - and who knows maybe we will find a new Abramovitch or new Chinese/American sports investors who will do just that, and then we too can buy our way to success, but let's just hope the new owners don't get bored with not getting instant success, as so many have before them.

As for Conte, I love it that he feels the need to say this, it means he already is feeling the pressure and it means Mourinho has already got under his skin.

With the players they have brought in I think they will win a few trophies next season. They are stronger than last season, and look well equipped to deal with all the competitions they are in. Proven winner as a player and manager I don't think he has much to worry about.

Real Deal - 28/7/2017 12:38

With the players they have brought in I think they will win a few trophies next season. They are stronger than last season, and look well equipped to deal with all the competitions they are in. Proven winner as a player and manager I don't think he has much to worry about.

At this point I'd argue they are weaker.

Pollo - 28/7/2017 12:42

It will be interesting to see if Moratta can hit the ground running and replace Costa that's for sure.

Definitely weaker up top, don't rate Morata that highly, he will score goals (as any half decent striker would in their team) but he wont be as effective as Costa was. Think they've got a player on the bench that would score as many as Morata in Batshuayi

Let's also see how Bakayoko performs, replacing Matic isn't an easy task, and then there's Pedro who'll be out for a while, and all of this without taking into account that they have CL this season.

Harry Kane has scored more league goals since Feb 2016 (42), than Alvaro Morata has scored in his career (40)

Conte has Europe to contend with this season as well.

He is shitting himself with fear.

Ha. MP has basically shown Conte for what he is. Mourinho MkII

Kinygerbils - 28/7/2017 15:23

Fml

"Shitting himself with fear"

Behave.

LOL, seriously some people are easily wound up.

Managers using mind games....never. Alex ferguson would not approve.

Although I do agree with 80 he wont have it so easy this time a round and I bet he is fuming he lost out on lukaku, a GS who can score in this league.

Im suprised he shunned costa tbh but costa did bring this on himself by being a spoilt brat when he wanted his big move to china.

Pollo - 28/7/2017 12:42

They most certainly are which is why i believe the mind games have already begun.

Taricco the yid - 29/7/2017 17:22

Kinygerbils - 28/7/2017 15:23

Fml

"Shitting himself with fear"

Behave.

LOL, seriously some people are easily wound up.

Managers using mind games....never. Alex ferguson would not approve.

Although I do agree with 80 he wont have it so easy this time a round and I bet he is fuming he lost out on lukaku, a GS who can score in this league.

Im suprised he shunned costa tbh but costa did bring this on himself by being a spoilt brat when he wanted his big move to china.

Loads of rumours going around Costa is a right dickhead to work with. Not a team player. No wonder he wanted rid.

Conte taking a shot at Mourinho, saying Chelsea should avoid a "Mourinho season".

This will be interesting,

To be honest, on the whole I agree with Conte. Where we sit with the current owner and board it isn't a tragedy. For the last couple of seasons we have been as close to winning the title in most people's memory but we won't go that little bit further and bring in players that will take us to the next level. Does anybody seriously believe since last season we have not identified 1 player who would improve us?
1. We won't pay the extortionate transfer fees
2. We won't pay overly inflated wages
But to keep your star players (Kane aside because he is an exception to the rule but still our top earner)or to keep playing with the big boys and constantly be pushing for trophies that is what you have to do
There are many on here who agree with this philosophy and will back the club regardless but personally I want us to sit at the top table when exceptional players become available and have a chance of signing them, I want to be excited when a player becomes available knowing we could sign him. Of course there is a limit but there is plenty of middle ground that we are not interested in either. I love the fact we are trying to bring young players through but marry that with genuine class, expierienced winners and leaders and you have the ingredients of a side that wins things and we have got most of that in place already. After all we have one of the richest owners so money isn't a factor, only the clubs philosophy of doing things
We will loose Toby if we don't sort him a new contract imho and for my money one of the best CBs in Europe. He would walk into any team certainly in the prem probably in Europe because we are dicking about with his contract.
We have 2 weeks before the season starts and we have brought nobody in, in fact what we have done is made ourselves weaker and strengthened a rival who has finished beneath us for the last couple of season. Even if we do sign someone (which I think we will, probably Barkley) they will not have had time for OUR pre season training, work on systems and tactics and settle in to a new house, area etc...
if you want to sit at the top table you have to buy the premium tickets, my fear is the current board and owner would be happy and settle for doing an Ars@@al in terms of league status and to be honest so would I, because it's an improvement

It's all about momentum and the direction of travel.

It's only been in the last few years that the management of the 'elite' financial clubs have voiced their opinion(s) and fear(s) about us - that's a huge leap forward; as prior to this and ever since the start of the Premier league we've only ever been spoke of as the perennial 'almost club' and never as a serious contender.

We have been in recent years the disruptive element to over-whelming market forces, but we are in a difficult position, as Wenger said not so long ago we now have to manage to bridge the financial gap of where we are and where we need to be, and that's not easy, even more so now that the market has gone nuts.