Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise | Page 151 | Vital Football

Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise

No. I don't agree with you. I don't class religion in general as a conspiracy in the way that this thread may seek to interpret it as some sort of nefarious thing.
Just out of interest then. How would you class religion and God/God's?

Fairytale?
Lies?
Coping mechanism?

Fairytale?
Lies?
Coping mechanism?

Not for me I know, but I'm bored lol

None of the above, but close with coping mechanism when it comes to real things that cannot be explained with their knowledge - ie cargo cults.

It's a control mechanism latching existing beliefs to make an uber one, so it comes out as primary. The Bible wasn't the first, but the Quran did follow and both are based on Summarian beliefs, and most other religions (major) follow their lead and include the same characters so they have a latch - but give a different story on that character that is believable, because you already know their name.

It's why I like Hindu - fucking elephants and stuff like that. They put some thought into it, but it's mother earth and gaia based at core, which is also witches, and magic, and warlocks....

We have Christians, Catholics, and Protestants (and Jevohah's and spiritualists to a degree) - same God, same Bible but different chapters. We have Evangelicals, and Mormon's and Amish, same thing - different reading, different parts that are important and different parts that 'suit them'.

And then we have Scientology and Jedi-ism.

Nowt wrong with belief, I believe there is something more and I can base it in science. But I don't believe in organised religion where people are subjugated to benefit a few.

I wonder what barrack was doing at number 10 this week? Just popped in for a coffee and spoke about his foundation I assume?

Strange one alright. The press seems to be trying to link it to all the shenanigans at Buckingham Palace but I can't imagine Obama is that bothered about Wills and Kate.

Fairytale?
Lies?
Coping mechanism?

Definitely a fairytale, for want of a better expression and definately a coping mechanism.
Lies , in general no but as with most things in life there are extremes so some will seek to lie to further their own thing.

I have no problem with religion in general. I totally respect that for some their faith is something they live by and turn to. Each to their own. There are some wonderful, kind people in my village who do work on behalf of the church and church groups with people of all ages. They contribute to society far more than I ever will. Of course there are gaping holes in the whole concept of god and religion and I can't get my head around people believing. But then I respect their want to believe and I sure they would find my obsession with a certain game and football club equally unfathomable.

But as said there are, as ever, extremes and those that shout louder get the attention . Those that seek to use religion for evil, self gain, push themselves onto others I have no time for . But those are the minority in all religions and my experience of those of a religious persuasion are just pretty normal people that just think different to me about the world.

Definitely a fairytale, for want of a better expression and definately a coping mechanism.
Lies , in general no but as with most things in life there are extremes so some will seek to lie to further their own thing.

I have no problem with religion in general. I totally respect that for some their faith is something they live by and turn to. Each to their own. There are some wonderful, kind people in my village who do work on behalf of the church and church groups with people of all ages. They contribute to society far more than I ever will. Of course there are gaping holes in the whole concept of god and religion and I can't get my head around people believing. But then I respect their want to believe and I sure they would find my obsession with a certain game and football club equally unfathomable.

But as said there are, as ever, extremes and those that shout louder get the attention . Those that seek to use religion for evil, self gain, push themselves onto others I have no time for . But those are the minority in all religions and my experience of those of a religious persuasion are just pretty normal people that just think different to me about the world.
That's a very good post mate. 100% agree.

Is that the one about the furniture company that ships children inside its furniture?

I thought that company closed down years ago?

We are talking about MFI - permanently had a sale on because they were on the verge of closure for a full decade?

Minor's Fully Included?

I bought a couple of pieces, how do you think I have two kids? The missus won't touch me with this beard, and sadly I've had it since we met lol

I thought that company closed down years ago?

We are talking about MFI - permanently had a sale on because they were on the verge of closure for a full decade?

Minor's Fully Included?

I bought a couple of pieces, how do you think I have two kids? The missus won't touch me with this beard, and sadly I've had it since we met lol

I can't remember what the name.of the company is. It's an American company that makes expensive furniture.