Congratulations Will Keane ... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congratulations Will Keane ...

Call it Derry if you want but I call it Londonderry just like I still call Wigan, StHelens, Widnes and Warrington Lancs along with Rochdale, Oldham and Barrow.
It depends on what side of a divide you are on - as example I'm originally from Beech Hill and call it Beech Hill most others call it a crime ridden shithole - you learn to rub along 😁

Can't agree that Keane isn't international standard. Fair enough, he'd not get close to England, France, Germany etc. but he's every bit as good as a lot of the players we saw at the Euros playing for the smaller nations.

International football isn't just about genuine title contenders: every country has a team and there are plenty of them that I'd probably have got a game for back when I wasn't old and fat. I absolutely genuinely think I'd have walked into the San Marino and Andorra level teams of this world... and I was a million miles away from Will's quality.

Keane is one of the best attacking players in League One, and L1 is every bit as competitive as the top divisions in a lot of countries.

Well deserved. A fit, sharp Will Keane is a joy to see. We just have to keep everything crossed that he stays that way. He wasn't considered a hot young prospect for United a few years ago for nothing: injuries have marred his career, but he's not lost any ability and so long as he stays fit, he's a total class apart at this level. His story is very similar to Nick Powell's in a lot of ways.

What a revelation Will has been. Playing for a really small football wage last season and earning a contract. Arguably our player of the season so far and another goal today in the week he gets his first full international cap.
He must feel on cloud nine after a promising career thats stuttered and staggered but now he has arrived good and proper. Another in a long line of players sprayed with the magic Latics fairy dust to revive a career.
Extremely well done Will and thankyou for your efforts and good luck next week.

I just want to echo Jeff's rights comments about the contribution Keane is making for us. We have assembled a very strong squad but Keane has been a real plus for us.

Will Keane owes Leam Richardson his career and that's no exaggeration. In the space of less than a year Richardson has changed his career, which was leading him further and further down the pyramid as a carthorse striker who no club outside of administration wanted to sign. Any player who we're trying to sign in future transfer windows and competing against other teams for, we should be showing them Will Keane's story and how our manager can not only get the best out of them, but also how he can move their career upwards.

Will Keane owes Leam Richardson his career and that's no exaggeration. In the space of less than a year Richardson has changed his career, which was leading him further and further down the pyramid as a carthorse striker who no club outside of administration wanted to sign. Any player who we're trying to sign in future transfer windows and competing against other teams for, we should be showing them Will Keane's story and how our manager can not only get the best out of them, but also how he can move their career upwards.

Well said, take note Gavin Massey.