Congratulations Will Keane ... | Vital Football

Congratulations Will Keane ...

That’ll be Lincoln off then.

He’s done well, no doubt, but international standard - even for the Republic? Don’t think so myself.

He’s done well, no doubt, but international standard - even for the Republic? Don’t think so myself.
You haven't seen the Republic lately :cry:. I can see a debut goal against Qatar. I wonder had McClean a word in his year though I understand he actually declared for Ireland back in 2019. I think he was capped at underage level for England and I don't like the idea of players 'changing nationality' but we're desperate........................I remember a number of years ago three Wigan players were on the pitch together for Ireland, Graham Kavanagh, David Connolly and I can't for the life of me think of the 3rd player?

You haven't seen the Republic lately :cry:. I can see a debut goal against Qatar. I wonder had McClean a word in his year though I understand he actually declared for Ireland back in 2019. I think he was capped at underage level for England and I don't like the idea of players 'changing nationality' but we're desperate........................I remember a number of years ago three Wigan players were on the pitch together for Ireland, Graham Kavanagh, David Connolly and I can't for the life of me think of the 3rd player?
He was indeed. In fact, he's done the complete opposite of his twin brother Michael, who started out as a ROI U17 & U19 International before switching his allegiance to England.

Alan Mahon?

Jordan Jones born Redcar, James McClean born Londonderry and Will Keane born Stockport, what a mixed up carry on.
James has played for Northern Ireland at Junior level and Will many times for England at Junior level.

It's the worst ROI team in my lifetime for sure. Anyone who dares moan about England, just have a look at that squad. I count just one regular Premier League starter (Duffy) and around three squad players. The rest are all lower league or from Scotland. Jesus!

Jordan Jones born Redcar, James McClean born Londonderry and Will Keane born Stockport, what a mixed up carry on.
Here's one for you. Michael Keane played for Ireland as a kid and binned them off to play for England. Now his brother has just done the opposite!

James McClean born Londonderry .

He was actually born in Derry, as it's name had been changed in 1984, though it was later decided that the name change (from Londonderry) hadn't been done "officially". This was corrected in 2015 (an earlier attempt having failed in 2007).

He was actually born in Derry, as it's name had been changed in 1984, though it was later decided that the name change (from Londonderry) hadn't been done "officially". This was corrected in 2015 (an earlier attempt having failed in 2007).
Call it Derry if you want but I call it Londonderry just like I still call Wigan, StHelens, Widnes and Warrington Lancs along with Rochdale, Oldham and Barrow.

A wise move to call it off as losing three first teamers at once is not going to help a promotion bid. Strange how some on here thought our squad was really strong before Massey etc were shown for what they are last week in the cup.

Call it Derry if you want but I call it Londonderry just like I still call Wigan, StHelens, Widnes and Warrington Lancs along with Rochdale, Oldham and Barrow.

Isn't that a totally different issue? One's the name of a town/city. The other's the county or metropolitan grouping to which the towns are affiliated, or rather, allocated.

However, I suppose the point that you as a "local" choose your own term for how you see those towns matches with what the citizens of Derry have done.
(y)

A wise move to call it off as losing three first teamers at once is not going to help a promotion bid. Strange how some on here thought our squad was really strong before Massey etc were shown for what they are last week in the cup.

I still think it's strong Pie Eater. The issue is that those outside the 1st XI haven't had much chance to play together as a group. However, for the 1st XI, as individuals coming off the bench, (and even those who'd go onto the bench), we do look to have some decent replacements.

I agree though, if there's an option to call off the game, we'd be silly not to do so.

Isn't that a totally different issue? One's the name of a town/city. The other's the county or metropolitan grouping to which the towns are affiliated, or rather, allocated.

However, I suppose the point that you as a "local" choose your own term for how you see those towns matches with what the citizens of Derry have done.
(y)
Oh yes I am pretty sure all the citizens of Londonderry wanted that name change.