Concerns of Team Attitude | Page 4 | Vital Football

Concerns of Team Attitude

In answer to you am I his dad, no.As I'vs always said he's never been given the chance, nor has Draper really.In answer to others Draper and Makama are of similar build, but in comparison for me Draper is more of a Matt Rhead and from what we have seen of him is the man we want up front , and I will say it with someone like Bishop or Kendall behind him with their skill .
Makama perhaps needs a loan spell.
If Kendall is'nt starting /playing , why is'nt he back at City, where he can be nutured and blended in and have the chance to show his full range of skills.
For me Ben House is more of an attacking MF and could double with Draper, with the pair getting equal amount of goals with or for one another.
Why should'nt Erhahon or Hamilton get frustrated when the players replacing them weakens the team not change anything.
Who is responsible for sending players out on loan, from what I read sometimes it appears to be Jez George, or is there now a truce between him and the Mngr?? For me at the moment the players who should be on loan are Brown and Smith doing nothing for us.
Stop panicking MK get OUR players back to the club , start again,they are not getting enough game time on loan.
Mr Nates , let the Mngr manager-George should be purely advisory, look at what happened with Appleton and George. and for me we don't need the Cowley's back here, jumping ship when the money run out, but thats just another is'nt it.
Come on boys
Just being very sincere like everyone else on here,and concerned.

In answer to you am I his dad, no.As I'vs always said he's never been given the chance, nor has Draper really.In answer to others Draper and Makama are of similar build, but in comparison for me Draper is more of a Matt Rhead and from what we have seen of him is the man we want up front , and I will say it with someone like Bishop or Kendall behind him with their skill .
Makama perhaps needs a loan spell.
If Kendall is'nt starting /playing , why is'nt he back at City, where he can be nutured and blended in and have the chance to show his full range of skills.
For me Ben House is more of an attacking MF and could double with Draper, with the pair getting equal amount of goals with or for one another.
Why should'nt Erhahon or Hamilton get frustrated when the players replacing them weakens the team not change anything.
Who is responsible for sending players out on loan, from what I read sometimes it appears to be Jez George, or is there now a truce between him and the Mngr?? For me at the moment the players who should be on loan are Brown and Smith doing nothing for us.
Stop panicking MK get OUR players back to the club , start again,they are not getting enough game time on loan.
Mr Nates , let the Mngr manager-George should be purely advisory, look at what happened with Appleton and George. and for me we don't need the Cowley's back here, jumping ship when the money run out, but thats just another is'nt it.
Come on boys
Just being very sincere like everyone else on here,and concerned.
It would be useful if Clive clarified the JG role and whether MK does have veto on players in/out. After all we fans are stakeholders, and in some cases shareholders, so we have a right to know.

It would be useful if Clive clarified the JG role and whether MK does have veto on players in/out. After all we fans are stakeholders, and in some cases shareholders, so we have a right to know.
Not sure want to go down the rabbit hole too much especially as the recruitment IMO was great in the summer but Clive has clarified how the relationship works previously:

Maybe it would be useful but I am sure Clive and probably Liam has gone through this before.

I'm fairly sure most people trust Clive and his judgment but they never seem to trust his judgment when it comes to Jez. I just dont get why Jez gets the blame when something doesn't work out but he never seems to get any credit for say, Paudie, Ethan x 2, the gang of Loanee goalies we had to name a few.

When i read things (mostly away from this site) it would seem everyone thinks that Jez runs the club and just does what he wants.

From the outside looking in it seems like everyone has their own roles which are clearly defined. I'm sure all roles including the ones at the top are monitored and appraised on a regular basis, so unless Jez has some particularly nasty dirt on the chairman i would imagine that the board and more importantly Clive are happy with the work he and his recruitment team are doing.

As regards Kendall, outgoing loans are a real gamble. Our players go out on loan because we expect them to play games. However there is little we can do about that once they are there as we cannot insist that they play.

What the club should be doing is to try to select a loan destination that gives our player to best opportunity to play regularly. We haven't had much success with that. Kendall is an example. Ahui this season is another - we sent him to a club that had a long established right back who Ahui was always unlikely to displace.

To me, our only true loan successes have been at the Drogs with Roughan, Draper and Ahui.

This season it has been slightly better thankfully as Benn was doing well until his injury (although had a poor last summer in Ireland), and Long seems to be a regular at Ayr. Cann is getting good experience, albeit at a lower level, at Peterborough.

Many of last seasons young player loans however resulted in little or no game time for them - Makama, Worsfield-Gregg and Galagher come to mind.

Clanford is correct - strikers are a different breed though, they thrive on service and the role they are given. Because of his poor loans, we still have absolutely no idea whether Kendall is up to our standard whereas we could have had him on our bench coming on late in a game to see if he could snatch a goal.

Having said that, I also think MK doesn't rate him. Kendall to me would be best playing alongside a big centre forward. MK doesn't play with one, or play two strikers. I have a feeling he will be released either in January or at the end of the season (Kendall that is).

Maybe it would be useful but I am sure Clive and probably Liam has gone through this before.

I'm fairly sure most people trust Clive and his judgment but they never seem to trust his judgment when it comes to Jez. I just dont get why Jez gets the blame when something doesn't work out but he never seems to get any credit for say, Paudie, Ethan x 2, the gang of Loanee goalies we had to name a few.

When i read things (mostly away from this site) it would seem everyone thinks that Jez runs the club and just does what he wants.

From the outside looking in it seems like everyone has their own roles which are clearly defined. I'm sure all roles including the ones at the top are monitored and appraised on a regular basis, so unless Jez has some particularly nasty dirt on the chairman i would imagine that the board and more importantly Clive are happy with the work he and his recruitment team are doing.

I also think JG does a good job. He has more hits than misses. Jensen, O'Connor, Erhahon, and Hamilton have all improved our squad. And they were all recruitment team acquisitions. Not MK's.

Even some that didn't start so well here over the past few years have eventually come good - Poole, Bramall, and Sorensen come to mind.

Burroughs and Mitchell have been decent loan signings too, as have the goalies we have had the past few years.

Overall, I think JG and his team are about 75/25, which is not a bad ratio. JG of course has no control over how a manager actually uses the signings.

Just on Kendall, he has advisors, and he can also refuse a move. the contract is between lcfc and him. So his side would have had the final say in going to Sutton. Presumably he agreed the move and backed himself to do well at l2 level.
same this season at national league level.
same applies to all our loanees - as draper has shown, go there, work hard and own it once you have agreed to it.

I also love the way the tap-in Kendall got at Doncaster (a v poor Doncaster side that night) has taken on mythical proportions.
uti.
To be fair, the Donny manager did say that Kendall had schooled his defence on the night.
Some are probably over the top in the judgement of this lad in both directions. I suspect he's somewhere in the middle (I.e. a decent enough player on his day).

To be fair, the Donny manager did say that Kendall had schooled his defence on the night.
Some are probably over the top in the judgement of this lad in both directions. I suspect he's somewhere in the middle (I.e. a decent enough player on his day).

Its like I said though, we have no idea about Kendall's quality 18 months after we signed him. If he had have had even three months on our bench coming on to relieve strikers later in games, we would all know if he was worth the hype that surrounds him.

As it is, the fans have basically never seen him, and he remains a myth. I appreciate though that the coaching staff have seen him in training, and clearly do not rate him that highly, so that is all we have to go on - along with two poor loan spells where the team he went to may not have played in a style that suited him.

But then, neither do we. Kendall will never be a regular in an MK team. We just do not play with second strikers. He would have to play wide, which he did on his few appearances for us - and that is definitely not where he played when he scored his goals at Eastbourne.

Perhaps there are other reasons in play and run deeper. Perhaps the players are frustrated with the playing style just as we are watching it.
Or maybe it’s to do with the lack of movement or creativity or threat, or the lack of skill in receiving the ball, or passing it in and around the box, which seems to happen far too often 🤔. What’s the point in the two Ethans and Danny doing their magic if it isn’t rewarded with anything in front of them?

He was a success, at Eastbourne that's why we signed him and continued to be a success when we loaned him back to them.

What we signed him for was to develop him and what I am saying is that the choices made by us for his development path once he joined us were wrong.

You can't turn the clock back so we will probably never know.
Reports from the club suggest he performs better with a strike partner in a front 2, as we only seem to play with one striker, he just doesn't fit for us. He certainly looked like he had potential at Eastbourne, but not worked out.
I'm sure he'll be released at the end of his deal so wouldn't lose too much sleep over it mate.

I do fully understand Clanford, I had similar, was given a second chance, and had a very full and happy football life, thank you.
(bur do see and agree with some of yours and other reports). How with what has been done to the boy would feel had it been done to you.
However lets put it to bed and move on.Lets wait and see.
Come on Boys.

The club surely work on a best interests basis and that doesn't always include what we demand to know.

We currently have 8 players out on loan most of them playing games (as below)- games they have played are in brackets

Draper - Walsall (12)
Long- Falkirk (13)
Kendall- Dagenham/Redbridge (16)
Worsfold-Gregg- Long Eaton (5)
Cann- Peteborough Sports (13)
Ahui- Ayr (2)
Gallagher- Peterborough Sports (1)
Benn - Solihull (9)

These 8 players, had they not been on loan, would not

a) have been in a match day squad and
b) have played, for the first team, a total of 69 games so far this season- I'm not sure that would have been the case

These are players who are out to improve, gain match time at a higher level to their current experience and to come back better players. It won't work for all of them BUT, to make a decision early in July to benefit Draper (as his playing time would, on paper, have been behind Walker and House at least so 3rd in the pecking order), sensible decisions are made. We could have had Draper, between August and today, playing 12 games for Walsall or 1, possibly 2, games for us.......BUT that decision has to be made very early and often pre season.

I just not sure how, having a raft of players who never even get into the match day squad and never have the opportunity to develop their skills but are around "just in case" benefits those players or the club long term.

What we now have in Draper is a young player who is proving his goalscoring ability at a number of levels including L2 now- certainly on the first 12 games of the season. That bodes well for our long term sustainability.

Lets see what happens now MK and his asst DB have gone, some shock, what went on in dressing room after Burton match.