Concerns of Team Attitude | Page 3 | Vital Football

Concerns of Team Attitude

Are you Charlie Kendall’s dad? Or his agent maybe? You’ve got remarkable faith in a lad who who hasn’t been playing or scoring regularly when out on loan to clubs lower down the pyramid than us.

And that is the point for me and quite perplexing in some respects. I can’t understand why a club the size of Lincoln signed him. We are not a big club awash with money to sign someone and send out on loan. Whether that was the plan when we signed him only the club knows. There are costs involved not just wages. Will we see him as a regular next season in the red and white, not Lincoln’s red and white I would argue.

Wasn't good seeing Erhahon storming down the tunnel and Mandroiu too losing the plot.
Kennedy needs to nip this in the bud, nothing worse than seeing your own players arguing with each other.

Perhaps there are other reasons in play and run deeper. Perhaps the players are frustrated with the playing style just as we are watching it.

And that is the point for me and quite perplexing in some respects. I can’t understand why a club the size of Lincoln signed him. We are not a big club awash with money to sign someone and send out on loan. Whether that was the plan when we signed him only the club knows. There are costs involved not just wages. Will we see him as a regular next season in the red and white, not Lincoln’s red and white I would argue.

It feels very much a like a bit of a punt which hasn‘t worked out as we would have hoped. Maybe Charlie is a bit of a punt himself and therein lies the problem? A strange signing, but when you’re always ‘looking for value’ you’ll never get them all right.

Last edited:
Are you Charlie Kendall’s dad? Or his agent maybe? You’ve got remarkable faith in a lad who who hasn’t been playing or scoring regularly when out on loan to clubs lower down the pyramid than us.

You dont understand what makes or breaks players.

We signed him as a player who was a proven goalscorer and scored goals on a very regular basis.

He joined us played, scored and was then sent out on the worst thought out loan he could ever have been sent out on.

He didn't play, it dented his confidence and he hasn't been the same player as he was at Eastbourne since.

It's all fine margins, if he would of stayed and have been on our bench and got an opportunity who knows what would of happened.

Got the feeling that Kennedy wasn't that interested in him from day 1.

Will be released and looking for a new club as soon as his contract expires.

You dont understand what makes or breaks players.

We signed him as a player who was a proven goalscorer and scored goals on a very regular basis.

He joined us played, scored and was then sent out on the worst thought out loan he could ever have been sent out on.

He didn't play, it dented his confidence and he hasn't been the same player as he was at Eastbourne since.

It's all fine margins, if he would of stayed and have been on our bench and got an opportunity who knows what would of happened.

Got the feeling that Kennedy wasn't that interested in him from day 1.

Will be released and looking for a new club as soon as his contract expires.

Why was it the worst loan he could ever have been sent on? I’ll bet you had he actually scored some goals he’d played a lot more than he did. I’ll also bet you had he scored some goals in the loan he had after that he’d played a lot more. And the loan after that. Not really sure how people realistically expect a player to move from the Vanarama South to League One with nothing in between.

How does anybody know him being loaned out dented his confidence? Maybe he’s a flat track bully and can’t cut it higher up the pyramid?

We took a punt on a prolific goal scorer from several leagues below and it hasn’t worked. Next!

Why was it the worst loan he could ever have been sent on? I’ll bet you had he actually scored some goals he’d played a lot more than he did. I’ll also bet you had he scored some goals in the loan he had after that he’d played a lot more. And the loan after that. Not really sure how people realistically expect a player to move from the Vanarama South to League One with nothing in between.

How does anybody know him being loaned out dented his confidence? Maybe he’s a flat track bully and can’t cut it higher up the pyramid?

We took a punt on a prolific goal scorer from several leagues below and it hasn’t worked. Next!

First of all he was sent out on loan far too quickly. Goalscores are a different breed of footballer and they thrive on scoring goals for confidence.

He had already played and scored for us but was quickly sent out on loan instead of keeping him around the squad with maybe him getting an opportunity from the bench.

When he was sent out on loan it was to the wrong level. He should of gone to a half decent National League team.

League 2 wasn't the right place for him and in particular for what type of player he was.

He needed to be playing regularly.
He hardly played at all at Sutton, his confidence took a big hit and that's why he will join the what might have been club.

Good luck to the lad.

First of all he was sent out on loan far too quickly. Goalscores are a different breed of footballer and they thrive on scoring goals for confidence.

He had already played and scored for us but was quickly sent out on loan instead of keeping him around the squad with maybe him getting an opportunity from the bench.

When he was sent out on loan it was to the wrong level. He should of gone to a half decent National League team.

League 2 wasn't the right place for him and in particular for what type of player he was.

He needed to be playing regularly.
He hardly played at all at Sutton, his confidence took a big hit and that's why he will join the what might have been club.

Good luck to the lad.

But surely if he’s was good enough to stay with us, he’d have delivered more than the square root of nothing whilst at Sutton? Are you saying the fact he was sent there in the first place transformed him from a prolific lower league marksman into nothing more than a bench warmer in the course of a few months? If so, I’d suggest professional football probably isn’t the right career for young Charley.

But surely if he’s was good enough to stay with us, he’d have delivered more than the square root of nothing whilst at Sutton? Are you saying the fact he was sent there in the first place transformed him from a prolific lower league marksman into nothing more than a bench warmer in the course of a few months? If so, I’d suggest professional football probably isn’t the right career for young Charley.

No, just saying that he was handled wrong.
Circumstances and to a degree just pure luck can determine whether you go one way or the other in football.
Unfortunately Charley seems to have gone the other.

....perhaps you do understand what makes and breaks a player, after all.

No, just saying that he was handled wrong.
Circumstances and to a degree just pure luck can determine whether you go one way or the other in football.
Unfortunately Charley seems to have gone the other.

You could argue he was handled wrongly if he proved a success elsewhere - but he hasn't. It looks like he is just not good enough for L1 level - simple as that.

You could argue he was handled wrongly if he proved a success elsewhere - but he hasn't. It looks like he is just not good enough for L1 level - simple as that.

He was a success, at Eastbourne that's why we signed him and continued to be a success when we loaned him back to them.

What we signed him for was to develop him and what I am saying is that the choices made by us for his development path once he joined us were wrong.

You can't turn the clock back so we will probably never know.

Although he did try and backtrack a bit MK really laid into Mandriou in his comments after the game.
Hopefully this will have a positive effect both on Mandriou and the rest of the squad. Basically, it can go one of two ways. The players might resent the fact he his coming out naming and shaming or maybe they have the same opinion of Mandriou and respect him for getting it out in the open.
We shall see on Saturday what reaction he gets from the players.

Just back to the attitude thing, the Stacey West blog comment on it is interesting with the comment about Roughan after Peterborough and him then getting dropped, the comment about Makama's attitude after we beat Wolves and then perhaps going a bit further on Mandroiu than expected (although we all knew it I guess) after Sat.

Are these some things that were previously dealt with in house? Or MK thinks we need a reaction that will be more likely if shared publicly?

He was a success, at Eastbourne that's why we signed him and continued to be a success when we loaned him back to them.

What we signed him for was to develop him and what I am saying is that the choices made by us for his development path once he joined us were wrong.

You can't turn the clock back so we will probably never know.
Eastbourne!

Eastbourne!

Yeah we signed him from Eastbourne, and also remember his back story, as a goalscorer with the idea to develop him into our first team. We signed his potential.

I could go on and on about the possibilities and why but it hasn't but unfortunately it's not going to work out for him here.

It doesn't help when at least 9 or 10 of the payers know they are going to be starting every week. Injuries aside we just don't have competition for places. I am not saying it is intentional but if you know you don't have to play at the top of your game every week do you always have the right mentality going into a game.?
This post might be utter bullshit but competition normally brings the best out of players perhaps ours are just too comfortable at the moment.

Just back to the attitude thing, the Stacey West blog comment on it is interesting with the comment about Roughan after Peterborough and him then getting dropped, the comment about Makama's attitude after we beat Wolves and then perhaps going a bit further on Mandroiu than expected (although we all knew it I guess) after Sat.

Are these some things that were previously dealt with in house? Or MK thinks we need a reaction that will be more likely if shared publicly?
Looks like everyone is frustrated at the moment. Tricky times. Hope MK will handle that i the right way.

I think big part of frustration is that we need to play for weeks without striker and all hard work players do is wasted. There is nothing up front and I'm not convinced club did enough to sort it.