Concerned Poster, please take the time to read. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Concerned Poster, please take the time to read.

Can we all just step back from the ongoing Imps talk please for the purpose of this post.
I guess all our regular posters are aware of mental health problems and indeed this is currently highlighted by the sporadic posts from our very own Jules, the owner, leader and heartbeat of this Vitals site
I don’t know Jules personally but through his posts I feel as though I know him a little and I certainly feel his pain when he comments about his own failing mental health. From previous posts Jules has also mentioned that he doesnot travel away so much now due to financial reasons and that he has to be very careful and needs to save on certain expenses. Jules donates all the income from this site to LCFC, this is actually Jules income earned from running and managing this site and he is under no obligation to hand any income over at all as far as I am aware.
This is something that’s been on my mind for a while and is the reason for this post. I don’t want to intrude into Jules personal life but I feel I have to suggest something that may or may not be popular amongst fellow posters. If it helps in any way for Jules own self esteem and financial position as well as a bit of comfort to assist his mental health I would like to propose to Jules that if it would help him he would be very welcome to keep the income himself for his own personal use. He has donated thousands to LCFC over the years and now the club is in a very stable condition maybe it’s a good time for Jules to keep this income himself.
This is a very public comment so I hope I have not insulted or put Jules in an awkward position but i felt the need to speak up and help a fellow Imp in need and just to gauge fellow posters opinions.
Whatever happens im sure this site, with Jules at the helm, will thrive.
Thank you for reading.
Agree 100%. I have been telling him to do this for years.

He has given away over £30,000.

I don't have any problem with Jules keeping 100% of the earnings if that is what he wants to do, but I am conscious of the fall-out from the Captain Tom fundraising, so can I suggest that however much he does or doesn't want to take, if he wants to take only part of it, that he sets out (even if only to his friends) what he is going to take, so that there is no room for confusion/negative comments further down the line.

I agree too. Cherryexile's suggestion seems like the best way forward for me.
This site is valuable to many of us-whether we attend regularly, or support from home.