Colclough and Cole | Vital Football

Colclough and Cole

WN5

Vital Youth Team
Rumour has it neither have gone to Spain as not fit enough and Cook looking to sell them. Interesting to see if it's true, but neither featured at Tranmere so may be something in it.

Nixon also saying this in the last hour.

Get this men out get some new contracts and Yanic on loan I wouldn’t complain at all.

Agree RE Colcough- had plenty of chances and has at best been inconsistent.
As for Cole- we've surely not seen enough of him to have a real view? Seemed an odd signing at the time but always thought it was one for the future- if he's departing permanently after 6 months it'd be a bit strange.

Agree RE Colcough- had plenty of chances and has at best been inconsistent.
As for Cole- we've surely not seen enough of him to have a real view? Seemed an odd signing at the time but always thought it was one for the future- if he's departing permanently after 6 months it'd be a bit strange.

I do agree that it would be strange but if the team recover the fee and it allows us to add a first choice player on loan or otherwise it only makes sense.

Has the emergence of Lang and perhaps Gelhardt forced our hand on this or made him surplus to requirements? Or did we sign him on the cheap with a view to selling at a profit?

I can’t imagine we did that with ‘months’ in mind regarding Cole. I’d hoped to see more of him and I don’t think he’s been given a chance. Maybe he hasn’t been endearing himself to Cook with attitude/behaviour in training ? I don’t know but it seems a bit odd to be moving him on so quickly (That said if he does go he’ll have had a similar shelf life to Bogle!)

I know a Fleetwood season ticket holder and he said when we signed him he had an issue with his attitude

As everyone blindly says ' In Cook we trust ' without questioning what they say, it sounds a superb idea to get shut of young players when there's plenty 30 years old players looking for somewhere to prise another few grand a week out of football.

As everyone blindly says ' In Cook we trust ' without questioning what they say, it sounds a superb idea to get shut of young players when there's plenty 30 years old players looking for somewhere to prise another few grand a week out of football.

Isn't this whole thread questioning this call?

But there is every chance that there is more to it than we know. We dont see them in training every day, we don't know about their attitude or professionalism or if the players have asked to leave. So we are only judging on a small portion of the information compared to what Cook is judging them on.

It doesn't mean he's automatically right but look at his decision making so far he's got a lot more right than wrong so i think rather than blind trust it's benefit of the doubt based on his track record.

Some people weren't happy we got shut of Gilbey but he turned out to be no loss, then some thought Bogle could've been an asset at this level but he was hopless at Peterborough and some of us felt Jack Byrne was worth keeping after his initial impressive loan spell but Cook let him go and he did virtually nothing after he signed for Oldham permanently.

I am not keen at all on letting Cole go but i think we've seen enough from Cook to trust his judgement.

I'd imagine Cook has a clear idea of what he expects from his strikers and he gets a clear sense of whether they can give that in training. If he's decided that Cole doesnt have what it takes to lead the line, as he did with Bogle, then we are better off selling than him sitting and getting angry in the reserves.

Colclough is a funny one. Something not right there. Seems unable to last 90 minutes and repeatedly managers dont seem to fancy him. Shame as he has great ability.

I'd imagine Cook has a clear idea of what he expects from his strikers and he gets a clear sense of whether they can give that in training. If he's decided that Cole doesnt have what it takes to lead the line, as he did with Bogle, then we are better off selling than him sitting and getting angry in the reserves.

Colclough is a funny one. Something not right there. Seems unable to last 90 minutes and repeatedly managers dont seem to fancy him. Shame as he has great ability.

I remember when Colclough returned from loan at MK Dons Joyce did an interview and said Ryans fitness was really suspect. At the time you'd just assume it was because he wasn't playing for MK or they had a sub standard fitness regime but maybe there was something else to that.

There must be something as why would Caldwell, Joyce, Barrow and Cook (and Robinson at MK) all seem so reluctant to use a lad of his talent more regulary?