Club Statement | Page 2 | Vital Football

Club Statement

Presumably a safe is quite hard to open. So could it be that he has just abandoned it somewhere with the journals still inside ?

Has an empty safe been found?

My illusion that safes are really heavy or bolted to the floor has been shattered though.

When cash machines are ripped out with a JCB, they are usually smashed open at traveller sites. This might be the same, it isn't something you can do discretely

From Kent Police:

--------
Three men have been arrested in connection with burglaries at Gillingham Football Club.

Separate break-ins were reported at the Priestfield Stadium which happened overnight between 17 and 18 December 2020 and between 6 and 7 January 2021.

During the latest burglary a safe was reported stolen which contained various items.

At around 7.30pm on 7 January officers arrested two 37-year-old men from Gillingham, on suspicion of burglary. They remain in custody at this time.

As part of the investigation a property in Gordon Road, Gillingham, was searched and the safe was recovered and returned to the club.

On the same day a 39-year-old man from Gillingham was arrested in connection with the December burglary. During this incident a lawn mower, jet washer and alcohol were reported stolen.

The man arrested for the first burglary has since been bailed until 1 February pending further enquiries.

Officers are continuing to carry out enquiries into both incidents and investigating if the incidents are linked. Enquiries are ongoing.
--------

From Kent Police:

--------
Three men have been arrested in connection with burglaries at Gillingham Football Club.

Separate break-ins were reported at the Priestfield Stadium which happened overnight between 17 and 18 December 2020 and between 6 and 7 January 2021.

During the latest burglary a safe was reported stolen which contained various items.

At around 7.30pm on 7 January officers arrested two 37-year-old men from Gillingham, on suspicion of burglary. They remain in custody at this time.

As part of the investigation a property in Gordon Road, Gillingham, was searched and the safe was recovered and returned to the club.

On the same day a 39-year-old man from Gillingham was arrested in connection with the December burglary. During this incident a lawn mower, jet washer and alcohol were reported stolen.

The man arrested for the first burglary has since been bailed until 1 February pending further enquiries.

Officers are continuing to carry out enquiries into both incidents and investigating if the incidents are linked. Enquiries are ongoing.
--------
Steady guys. Let's not get a Gordon Road lynch mob together! Perhaps a Charlton or 'Wall supporter? Probably had the idea under the influence.

When I commented before on the safe-dragger , I was going to quip that the thief must live close-by , not having a vehicle , where does he expect to get with it etc , and fcuk me , its Gordon rd !
Yes he was hardly going to drag that safe to the other side of Medway was he, I suspect at least one of the neighbours must have seen/hear him moving it.

They would have been quieter , dragging it across the pitch and breaking back out through the GRS.
Certainly a more direct route too 😀

They would have been quieter , dragging it across the pitch and breaking back out through the GRS.
Certainly a more direct route too 😀
If they had waited till there was money in the safe it might have been a better idea.i can't believe that there is that big black market for Gills memorabilia of that age.Any idiot could work out that there would be no cash at the club right now as the only money taken is via credit and debit cards or direct from bank accounts. So unless Scally is storing his own money at the club there isn't a penny there.

If they had waited till there was money in the safe it might have been a better idea.i can't believe that there is that big black market for Gills memorabilia of that age.Any idiot could work out that there would be no cash at the club right now as the only money taken is via credit and debit cards or direct from bank accounts. So unless Scally is storing his own money at the club there isn't a penny there.

If only they'd read this post beforehand , they might have not attempted it in the first place.

Steady guys. Let's not get a Gordon Road lynch mob together! Perhaps a Charlton or 'Wall supporter? Probably had the idea under the influence.

Definitely are wall supporters on Gordon Road, cheeky beggars have banners in their windows. I'd say throw the book at them but they've pinched it