Club crest review | Vital Football

Club crest review

We should just have kits that replicate the 82 style, in fact, they should have been like that last season to be a bit more consistent.

Don't know why they went back to a shield. Was it Doug and his scorched earth stuff? I'd also like the badge back in the middle of the shirt. The heraldic lion....it's got to be on the chopping block. I'm all for that if some more modern depiction of a lion looks good. Not an easy one

Everything about Villa need a refresh.

a new era and a new style on and off the pitch is good with me.
Don’t forget your heritage and history, but leave behind the dark cloud that has seen us never reach the heights of a few decades ago.

The comments from the club suggest we are looking at something closer to our 82 badge

I don’t think anyone has fully been in love with our current badge, I remember being disappointed when it was brought in under Lerner, although I think it has been subsequently tweaked and has been improved, but it would be good to have “Aston Villa” rather than AVFC and more claret as that is our main colour, rather than just blue and yellow

I don’t have any preference for round badge or not, for most of our history we’ve had a shield shape

I used to draw the round badge when I was kid, so it's the only one for me. Nothing else seems right.

Heritage is important. Most would be up in arms if we built a new, swish, modern stadium. Sometimes, respecting your past is the right option.

I swear there was a campaign by a Villa fan group in the early 90's to get rid of the round badge and revert to a shield type design. Maybe that was older blokes who had fond memories of the early 70's and didnt like modern football back then!

My concern is some marketing/PR firm from London are going to come up with the solution, that will be focused on simplification etc. eg. we might just end up with the Lions head