City fans today | Page 2 | Vital Football

City fans today

City fans were excellent today, but I thought the way the players interacted with them was good, Walker after he scored the first, and Payne after the penalty miss and the second goal really encouraged the fans as to be fair did Andrade before he came off.

To be honest this was the Lincoln City from August.

What I do find mildly amusing is the Sunderland fans who seem to think it was a show put on for our cup final against their big club. I wonder what they would have made of the better and more passionate atmosphere when we were losing six nil at home against little club Oxford. I thought we went through the motions atmosphere wise today for the last 15 tbh having done the passionate bit earlier in the game when our team needed a lift.

Yes shows how far they’ve fallen and we’re come that it seemed very normal the last 20 mins
Great to have a full away end but they never got going imo
The atmosphere was a summary of the normal support we have now with a bit of post Oxford and MApp first league game at the bank to boot
Btw was amazed ‘can we play you every week ‘ didn’t get an airing ‘

Yes shows how far they’ve fallen and we’re come that it seemed very normal the last 20 mins
Great to have a full away end but they never got going imo
The atmosphere was a summary of the normal support we have now with a bit of post Oxford and MApp first league game at the bank to boot
Btw was amazed ‘can we play you every week ‘ didn’t get an airing ‘
It did

As far as I am aware Sunderland haven't lost to any villages yet. They're having to learn how to adjust to sustained L1 football just as we had to for National League football. Nor have they finished bottom half for 5 successive seasons in their purgatory yet.

Atmosphere sounded great, i had a quick read on the sunderland forum think even between themselves they were arguing

When the CO-OP stand is in full voice and everyone is up singing I don't think there are many better atmosphere's in the League. What has happened at Sincil Bank in recent seasons is phenomenal and tbh I worried when the Cowleys left but if anything the fans have cranked it up another notch. Even in the Oxford massacre we stayed behind the team.

When the CO-OP stand is in full voice and everyone is up singing I don't think there are many better atmosphere's in the League. What has happened at Sincil Bank in recent seasons is phenomenal and tbh I worried when the Cowleys left but if anything the fans have cranked it up another notch. Even in the Oxford massacre we stayed behind the team.

Whatever process we went through after the Cowleys (as fans, as players, as a club)I believe was put to bed yesterday. It was a cathartic experience.

Funnily I do believe the atmosphere this season has been better than last season- maybe because our expectations are different but today feels like a new day and the start of a new journey.

Would be great to get 3,000 to to Posh now but, for today, I'll take that win as a possible season defining moment. Not for the "play-offs" of anything else but simply to get our club back going forwards, with a cohesive team and the fans on board. The Lincoln Loco is now operating again.

Was good to see Connolly come on and play reasonably well. He is a young lad that has obviously got some talent but has looked hesitant and not quite up for the fight, so far.

To be fair to him he's been in a new environment, trying to find his feet at a time of upheaval for a side struggling to get good results. Not the ideal circumstances to show your best.

Looking forward to next week, he would be the likely replacement for Morrell (away with Wales). It was a good move to get him on the pitch in yesterday's much improved showing.

The midfield improvement was crucial to our win yesterday.

Can Connolly plug the gap left by Morrell? The last 20 minutes suggested there is a chance he can.

Was good to see Connolly come on and play reasonably well. He is a young lad that has obviously got some talent but has looked hesitant and not quite up for the fight, so far.

To be fair to him he's been in a new environment, trying to find his feet at a time of upheaval for a side struggling to get good results. Not the ideal circumstances to show your best.

Looking forward to next week, he would be the likely replacement for Morrell (away with Wales). It was a good move to get him on the pitch in yesterday's much improved showing.

The midfield improvement was crucial to our win yesterday.

Can Connolly plug the gap left by Morrell? The last 20 minutes suggested there is a chance he can.

He has struggled so far, but maybe playing alongside O'Conner rather than instead of him will bring more out of him?

Few Sunderland fans there seem to think the atmosphere was good because it was a cup third round type day, we were all there for the big club type thing.

Reckon it'd have been exactly the same yesterday if we'd played and beaten Shrewsbury or whoever, it was all about getting us back on track. Fact the Netflix team was the opposition was incidental.

Few Sunderland fans there seem to think the atmosphere was good because it was a cup third round type day, we were all there for the big club type thing.

Reckon it'd have been exactly the same yesterday if we'd played and beaten Shrewsbury or whoever, it was all about getting us back on track. Fact the Netflix team was the opposition was incidental.

The first series was a blast .... the next 2, assuming they covered last seasons failure, will be side splitting :lol:

I would say Sunderland played thier part. Though they never really got going, the co-op always seems louder when we face a full away stand.

What makes the yesterday just slightly different to normal is a full away end- it was the same at home to Grimsby last season and Everton this season.

Atmosphere is good but it raises when the opposition fills the SW

Hopefully keep the momentum going and have close to 9,000 against Shrewsbury and nearer to 10k for Bolton (BWFC initially given 1,100 tickets, but will hopefully bring 1,500+)