City dominate PFA player of the year nominations | Page 2 | Vital Football

City dominate PFA player of the year nominations

Sergio being in the team of the year is because they're embarrassed they've never put him in it before and because at his age it's likely he won't be around (the PL) for much longer.

The champions' catalyst overlooked again for a Liverpool goalscorer. Can't help but think that recency bias played a part here.

I guess another way of looking at our players not getting individual recognition despite our success is that we are a team, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

The champions' catalyst overlooked again for a Liverpool goalscorer. Can't help but think that recency bias played a part here.

I guess another way of looking at our players not getting individual recognition despite our success is that we are a team, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Exactly. The narrative in the early part of the season was how we were going as a team and running away with the PL and on course for all four :rolleyes:
It can't be denied Salah has had a superb season, but noticeable he was taken off at HT in the first PL game. Injured/ill? :hmmm:
I'm sure De Bruyne is happy with a 50% return this season on trophies won, with another to try for in summer.

I don't really see this as a slight against City - Salah has scored a ton of goals this season (40?) so it's not as if it is being awarded to say Kane or De Ghea (for instance) where it would clearly raise question marks. Look upon it that Red Kev has been a 9.8 this term and Salah has edged him with a 9.9. Both brilliant footballers who have had fantastic seasons.