Chorley in our cup | Page 5 | Vital Football

Chorley in our cup

Tbh it's not exactly champagne football, more like flat Babycham.

We have had all the possession but no penetration. The first goal was given to us by poor defending and the second was a great effort from James. We should be taking players on and beating them given we supposedly are the higher ranked team. Massey is way off the pace and holding the ball way too long causing any breaks to stall. Joseph is a shadow of the player we saw against Blackpool but that happens with young players.

Long's card should be challenged, it was certainly not a red and only possibly a yellow. He made a genuine attempt to get the ball but was second best.

Hopefully Sheridan shakes them up at half time and we see a performance in the second half more like what we have seen in the last couple of games.

Really poor from Obi and Long there. Although really with the daft new rules on last man it probably shouldn't have been a red. Got to be honest the more I see of the kids the less convinced I am about any of them having to raw potential to be L1 players. Considering how well they did in the youth levels I've been disapointed so far that none of them really looked the part other than an odd flash here and there.

The only thing we do these days if give it to our full backs to cross, who to be fair Pearce and James are doing well but they haven't got much around them or to aim for in the box. Midfield rather anonymous with 2 def mids offering little protection to the back 4 and attacking mid not looking to give any options, support the attack or create anything. Lots of players looking to avoid taking responsibility and always looking for a easy backwards or sideways pass and stay still after they pass rather than looking to move into a more advanced position to recieved the ball.

New owners say they looking at 4 or 5 new players, I think we'll need a few more than that.

Sheridan thinks we need 4-5 more players to go up. Must be very good league 1 players who compliment our uninjured players and pray none get injured.

Tbh it's not exactly champagne football, more like flat Babycham.

We have had all the possession but no penetration. The first goal was given to us by poor defending and the second was a great effort from James. We should be taking players on and beating them given we supposedly are the higher ranked team. Massey is way off the pace and holding the ball way too long causing any breaks to stall. Joseph is a shadow of the player we saw against Blackpool but that happens with young players.

Long's card should be challenged, it was certainly not a red and only possibly a yellow. He made a genuine attempt to get the ball but was second best.

Hopefully Sheridan shakes them up at half time and we see a performance in the second half more like what we have seen in the last couple of games.

TB, it was definitely a yellow card, no doubt about it. But I agree, very harsh red and worth challenging. He was going away from goal in real time. Not seen a replay.

You been on the pop already?
Watching it via iplayer so I and many others wont be logged.

I logged onto iplayer at 12:15 and there was at that time no option to watch the Wigan game (I could only get it on bbc sport website on my laptop !

It only seemed to be available on iplayer after about 12:30 ?

Anyway view figures were up to 1399 on bbc website just before half time so with the iplayer I guess it should be a decent number !

2-1 now and Chorley look up for it. Need to weather the storm until they drop off and get another goal ideally to kill them off. Crankshaw looking nervy and vulnerable since coming on, Obi not covering himself in glory but I appreciate their circumstances so not going to criticise

I honestly thought Massey was subbed off, been invisible even in this free roam position. Really don't know why he does not run at players, that was his strength.

Crap play to put them through on goal....but clear foul on Pearce before he hobbled away to misplace his pass