Chesham and Amersham election result | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chesham and Amersham election result

There are literally millions of disgruntled traditional Tory voters who are seriously pissed off over Brexit.
People conveniently forget that the Tories campaigned for Remain.
Brexit was not carried by the Tories.
That’s a myth.
I’d reckon that many trad Tories were happy to vote Libdem in a by-election safe in the knowledge that it won’t make any difference.
If she beds herself in well and works well, she may just hold it, but no guarantee.
I’m pretty sure that once Johnson has departed (soon?) most will go back to their traditional roots.
There’s a lady we know in Torrington who was actually the Conservative chair and she resigned the party over Brexit and Johnson becoming leader.
She’s 100% very vocally pro EU and was disgusted by the result. I would add that she has a rather lovely villa on the Cote D’Azur.
She’s the type who is Tory through and through and will no doubt return when the shambles that is Johnson eventually departs.

Last edited:
There are literally millions of disgruntled traditional Tory voters who are seriously pissed off over Brexit.
People conveniently forget that the Tories campaigned for Remain.
Brexit was carried by the Tories.
That’s a myth.
I’d reckon that many trad Tories were happy to vote Libdem in a by-election safe in the knowledge that it won’t make any difference.
If she beds herself in well and works well, she may just hold it, but no guarantee.
I’m pretty sure that once Johnson has departed (soon?) most will go back to their traditional roots.
If you are right then those people however number they are are backing a government heading in a totally different direction to what they believe in.That is madness or snobbery. The simple fact appears to be like my old dad would say there are people who will vote Tory regardless of the policies or direction of the party .But the same isn't true for the other parties.

Cheryl Gillan was very popular around here and very anti HS2 which is the other big issue in these parts.

My previous stable was in another true blue, see what I did there :-) seat so I am a tad shocked I am not represented by a Conservative - it is a first for me.

I suspect that come the next election people will revert to type and the Tory whoever that is will win.

I don't think that mattered in this case, Brexit did not really figure at all.
I think people have moved on for good or ill.

Pretty much all the canvassing was local stuff.
The last LibDem leaflet through the door for instance, had the headline 'Vote To Save the Chilterns'.
i.e. the Conservative's proposed planning law changes. that is all it talked about.

Very nimby area this

Bizarre comparison.

I think you've had a traumatic experience at some time in your political life. Just a guess though.
Well I reckon if that is a valid comparison you look pretty good for someone in their 60's.I would not mind having a teacher like that.i might volunteer for evening classes.

or perhaps you stop sulking
Not sulking at all. Cheer up mate. Even with a charlatan at the head of our government not everything is bad.

Have a nice day, if that's possible for you. I honestly mean that, I'm not being sarcastic (I reserve that for Johnson disciples).