Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays! | Page 9 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays!

BRE are you saying we should play players ahead of better players because they are young and may improve?

Prime age for a decent central defender is around 26/27-someone with a bit of pace/can read the game and is decent in the air.

Worrall, Smith , Osborne-they are simply not special enough to slot automatically into our first team. Brereton may end up being the very best of those if played in the right position

Cant remember Cloughie playing too many youngsters from our academy on a regular basis, nor mourinho, nor Conte unless the player is super gifted

Playing non special academy players in your first team is the highway to nowhere imo

What was the last player we sold for very big money from our academy? Maybe they just aren't up to it

toms - 21/9/2017 09:33

Old Red Fart - 21/9/2017 10:20

toms - 21/9/2017 09:03

Rather play my best team -lose but walk away from a venue like that with head held high

We've walked out of there a crushed championship team-that's great for confidence

Mancienne Hobbs as cd for rest of season please for as long as they will last..play 2 dms one centre mid and 3 attacking players who can be rotated for freshness

That's Until we get better centre backs and central midfielders...we should grab joe ledley from under the noses of derby

Can understand your sentiments toms but think that even with our best side on the pitch we'd have walked away as a crushed Championship side. Could have been even worse for confidence.
At times I can't see much difference between these two sides.
There's no doubt in my mind that Ledley would be a great help to us but it looks like water under the bridge now.

We won't know anything good until next season.

Orf do you think we will see forest in the prem again in our lifetime?

Toms, you've got all serious suddenly. I think you have a chance, I've shot it I'm afraid. Although I've always been an optimist so even so I still live in hope.

:35:

Toms I think your point would be more valid if the experienced alternatives were better quality themselves

BC used to blood young centre backs (like Walker and Fairclough) alongside very experienced players like Paul Hart

It don't help that our experienced players are injury prone or erratic themselves

toms - 21/9/2017 11:52

BRE are you saying we should play players ahead of better players because they are young and may improve?

Prime age for a decent central defender is around 26/27-someone with a bit of pace/can read the game and is decent in the air.

Worrall, Smith , Osborne-they are simply not special enough to slot automatically into our first team. Brereton may end up being the very best of those if played in the right position

Cant remember Cloughie playing too many youngsters from our academy on a regular basis, nor mourinho, nor Conte unless the player is super gifted

Playing non special academy players in your first team is the highway to nowhere imo

What was the last player we sold for very big money from our academy? Maybe they just aren't up to it

I'd say now is a season to do that. We aint going up, we're not going down either, lets get these lads as experienced as possible so that we can use them for our own benefit over the coming years, or make the most out of them if they get sold.

And didn't Burke go for 13m?

Good point bre about Burke. Forgotten about him. But he would fall into special player category for me. He was a game changer. Regarding the notion we won't be going up or down so let them make mistakes personally I don't buy into that . We just came fourth bottom, escaped by skin of our teeth thanks to Britt largely. Club would imo be better served consolidating giving minutes to younger players where possible and build some confidence throughout club.

Jimmy I think overall I'd rather play Hobbs and manc together or mills and manc than worrall or mills and fox. There are better pairings at this club which don't involve worrall. If we had an outstanding older centre Half here placing him with worrall would probably work but we don't so on that basis personally I would go with the best pairing and for me worrall does not appear in that right now

Old Red Fart - 21/9/2017 11:56

Rather play my best team -lose but walk away from a venue like that with head held high

We've walked out of there a crushed championship team-that's great for confidence

Mancienne Hobbs as cd for rest of season please for as long as they will last..play 2 dms one centre mid and 3 attacking players who can be rotated for freshness

That's Until we get better centre backs and central midfielders...we should grab joe ledley from under the noses of derby

Can understand your sentiments toms but think that even with our best side on the pitch we'd have walked away as a crushed Championship side. Could have been even worse for confidence.
There's no doubt in my mind that Ledley would be a great help to us but it looks like water under the bridge now.

Toms, you've got all serious suddenly. I think you have a chance, I've shot it I'm afraid. Although I've always been an optimist so even so I still live in hope.

Orf hopefully you live to 100 :14:

Woanz - 21/9/2017 08:33

Fabregas has won

Club
Arsenal
FA Cup: 2004–05
FA Community Shield: 2004
UEFA Champions League: Runners-up 2005–06[169]
Barcelona
La Liga: 2012–13
Copa del Rey: 2011–12
Supercopa de España: 2011, 2013
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011
Chelsea
Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17
Football League Cup: 2014–15
International
Spain
FIFA World Cup: 2010
UEFA European Championship: 2008, 2012
Individual
FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Ball: 2003
FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Shoe: 2003
UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship Golden Player: 2004
Bravo Award: 2006
Golden Boy: 2006
UEFA Team of the Year (2): 2006, 2008
Premier League Player of the Month (2): January 2007, September 2007
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2007–08
PFA Premier League Team of the Year (2): 2007–08, 2009–10
Premier League Assist Leader (2): 2007–08, 2014–15[170]
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament (2): 2008, 2012
ESM Team of the Year (3): 2007–08, 2009–10, 2014–15[171]

That's just him as well he had some help from the other few hundred millions.

Yes Woanz, but how much that kid that replaced him after 55 won, only record he got is he Exeter city youngest ever debut at 15y 10m.

He's what one fan said...

On came newly 17-year-old Ethan Ampadu with a terrifying hairdo and a like-for-like change. He promptly started bossing Bakayoko about, which I liked. And then he destroyed a Forest player with his first tackle. Which I liked even more. What I don’t like is that he was born IN THE YEAR 2000! F*ck I feel old.

Which brings me to question why were there not more Forest academy players on the bench or playing if MW wasnt going to play the first team? this would have been a good opportunity to gain experience especially once the game was lost down there was nothing to lose .

And being as in the second half Chelsea finished with basically mostly academy players this would have been a good exercise for them in front of a big crowd and to see what level they got to attain to if the club goes for Cat 1 status at some point

Other than that the team did quite well as this Chelsea commentator points out...

Very bored Forest fans singing “Where were you when you were sh*t?” Chelsea response? “You’re not famous anymore.” They were still better than Everton, to be fair to them.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/9/21/16341872/chelsea-nottingham-forest-league-cup-view-from-shed-end-stamford-bridge-stadium

toms - 21/9/2017 12:31

Good point bre about Burke. Forgotten about him. But he would fall into special player category for me. He was a game changer. Regarding the notion we won't be going up or down so let them make mistakes personally I don't buy into that . We just came fourth bottom, escaped by skin of our teeth thanks to Britt largely. Club would imo be better served consolidating giving minutes to younger players where possible and build some confidence throughout club.

Jimmy I think overall I'd rather play Hobbs and manc together or mills and manc than worrall or mills and fox. There are better pairings at this club which don't involve worrall. If we had an outstanding older centre Half here placing him with worrall would probably work but we don't so on that basis personally I would go with the best pairing and for me worrall does not appear in that right now

13m profit is a pretty large sum to consider doing it for though. Cash has had a 6m value attached to him previously, Brereton higher, and Osborn 2-3m. It's not peanuts and has to factor in our thinking for a reshape.

Also, we're a million times better than we were last season. We've won several away games, one against a Prem side, we've actually got a striker in Murphy capable of far more elements than Britt was (and his goal scoring record is good enough too), and the games we've lost at home have been to quality sides. We're also not going to sell our best player without replacing him either.

Still a work in progress, but the only thing which will give us a genuine relegation scrape will be a Davies-esq injury situation.

For now I say just carry on as is and see how things are shaping up in Jan to who we add.

I'd be massively surprised if we don't add at least a keeper in some way.

toms - 21/9/2017 12:32

Old Red Fart - 21/9/2017 11:56

Orf hopefully you live to 100 :14:

I thought we needed patience? They'll never turn the club round in a fortnight!!

:17: :18:

Now then shep, try to maintain just a bit of dignity please, even though I was supporting this lot long before you were born. Probably anyway.
In any case nothing's changed in between times, we're still struggling.

what utter rubbish about crushed championship club! in case people forgot we took on the top premier league team- at least we made a go of it to the extent chelski wanted to bang 5 past us. Not sure who was most embarrassed last time.

no one likes to lose but yesterday was all about players measuring themselves up against the best- if our players want to play at the highest level, they know how much they need to improve. It would have been crushing if we had thought we had a genuine chance to win the game- nobody did.

People questioning the selection seem to be doing so on the basis we could win the game- if you take this out, selection was not so crazy. All about villa and taking a point or more from old flat nose. time to forget about chelsea and move on.

Perfectly dignified here ORF. Just having a little gag re: your name being Old red fart. No offence intended sir.

But alas you're correct in the 35+ years I've been following and supporting forest the majority of the time has been a struggle, particularly for us fans :17:

However, though it may be a slog, the club at least seems to be being run by ambitious but more importantly competent, qualified people. We're all in it together and let's hope we all get to enjoy it together in the not too distant future. :14:

radfordinlondon - 21/9/2017 14:17

what utter rubbish about crushed championship club! in case people forgot we took on the top premier league team- at least we made a go of it to the extent chelski wanted to bang 5 past us. Not sure who was most embarrassed last time.

no one likes to lose but yesterday was all about players measuring themselves up against the best- if our players want to play at the highest level, they know how much they need to improve. It would have been crushing if we had thought we had a genuine chance to win the game- nobody did.

People questioning the selection seem to be doing so on the basis we could win the game- if you take this out, selection was not so crazy. All about villa and taking a point or more from old flat nose. time to forget about chelsea and move on.

Unless you are Malta or Liechtenstein 5-1 is a hammering. You can argue every excuse you like but it's an utter beating.

In reality I never thought we would win but I did think we would give a decent account of ourselves with our best team. We did neither.

The stats say both teams had 16 shots each

We lost 5-1

Surely the biggest difference at Premier League level is the ability to finish chances

16 shots each against a Championship team and the score is never 5-1 either way

Old Red Fart - 21/9/2017 09:47

farcall2 - 21/9/2017 07:32

Until we can beat the likes of, Bournemouth, Swansea, Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, on a weekly basis, there's no point in thinking about the Prem ' ...we are years away from that, we haven't learned a lot in the last 20 years,on or off the pitch...FTID

Might beg to differ a bit there farcall2.
I've learned quite a lot in the last 20 years and that for most of that time we've been a poor relation to the club we once were. Not for lack of trying for part of that time though.
The last 5 years have put the final nail in the coffin but to me it looks as though those days are gone.

Off the pitch we're up and running, that's the easy bit to fix. On the pitch there's no easy fix, you're just as familiar with the restraints as I am and it will never be a quick job, quite impossible.

I've already written this season off and will be satisfied if we can finish mid table or somewhere near. Until we have some cash available we'll never be able to fill the holes we have in the side.

We won't know what MW is capable of until next season when with a bit of luck he'll be able to get some of his own choice players in.

In the mean time I'm prepared to wait.

:14:

Have I missed something? Own choice players?

He got a fair few this summer of all
His choice

Jimmy Gordon - 21/9/2017 15:04

The stats say both teams had 16 shots each

We lost 5-1

Surely the biggest difference at Premier League level is the ability to finish chances

16 shots each against a Championship team and the score is never 5-1 either way

Correct sir