Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays! | Page 10 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Forest match thread sponsored by Vatican Holidays!

toms - 21/9/2017 14:42

Unless you are Malta or Liechtenstein 5-1 is a hammering. You can argue every excuse you like but it's an utter beating.

In reality I never thought we would win but I did think we would give a decent account of ourselves with our best team. We did neither.
Premiership results from this year listed below.

Should all of these losing teams be be concern at being utterly beaten?

Remember where we were in the last game of the season, 15mins into game in relegation zone with finger tip save to ensure we went on to win game and stay up.

The structure and style of play is massively improved compared to the last few years, and I am happy with steady progress.

Manchester United 4-0 Everton
Watford 0-6 Manchester City
Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal
Swansea City 0-4 Manchester United
Manchester United 4-0 West Ham United

toms - 21/9/2017 14:42

radfordinlondon - 21/9/2017 14:17

what utter rubbish about crushed championship club! in case people forgot we took on the top premier league team- at least we made a go of it to the extent chelski wanted to bang 5 past us. Not sure who was most embarrassed last time.

no one likes to lose but yesterday was all about players measuring themselves up against the best- if our players want to play at the highest level, they know how much they need to improve. It would have been crushing if we had thought we had a genuine chance to win the game- nobody did.

People questioning the selection seem to be doing so on the basis we could win the game- if you take this out, selection was not so crazy. All about villa and taking a point or more from old flat nose. time to forget about chelsea and move on.

Unless you are Malta or Liechtenstein 5-1 is a hammering. You can argue every excuse you like but it's an utter beating.

In reality I never thought we would win but I did think we would give a decent account of ourselves with our best team. We did neither.

Can't actually disagree with any of that but that does not equate to any more than a lost opportunity at worst. certainly not the kind of crushing some r suggesting.

For those that want crushing suggest Yeovil? blackpool? plenty of choice...

Southern red - 21/9/2017 15:13

Flumini is available....could he do a job for us on short term contract?

Nah.
He sounds more ill than he used to.
I think he's signing for Fluminense anyway.
I used to have their shirt strangely enough.

Ingy - 21/9/2017 20:52

Let's get the Flumps signed up Orbs. I can hear the crowd now doing the theme tune.

Just had to YouTube it Ingy as couldn't remember it.
It would actually be a good tune to sing some lyrics to :17:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/132183136880?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=45192390362&rlsatarget=pla-331477174492&abcId=1129006&adtype=pla&merchantid=114939772&poi=&googleloc=9046381&device=c&campaignid=861899495&crdt=0

They wont do much damage Ingy. Orbz likes something with a bit more ooomph. Sherbert pips with a scatter gun approach

Apollyon - 21/9/2017 21:30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/132183136880?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=45192390362&rlsatarget=pla-331477174492&abcId=1129006&adtype=pla&merchantid=114939772&poi=&googleloc=9046381&device=c&campaignid=861899495&crdt=0

They wont do much damage Ingy. Orbz likes something with a bit more ooomph. Sherbert pips with a scatter gun approach

Maximum carnage.

Southern red - 21/9/2017 14:11

Old Red Fart - 21/9/2017 09:47

farcall2 - 21/9/2017 07:32

Until we can beat the likes of, Bournemouth, Swansea, Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, on a weekly basis, there's no point in thinking about the Prem ' ...we are years away from that, we haven't learned a lot in the last 20 years,on or off the pitch...FTID

Might beg to differ a bit there farcall2.
I've learned quite a lot in the last 20 years and that for most of that time we've been a poor relation to the club we once were. Not for lack of trying for part of that time though.
The last 5 years have put the final nail in the coffin but to me it looks as though those days are gone.

Off the pitch we're up and running, that's the easy bit to fix. On the pitch there's no easy fix, you're just as familiar with the restraints as I am and it will never be a quick job, quite impossible.

I've already written this season off and will be satisfied if we can finish mid table or somewhere near. Until we have some cash available we'll never be able to fill the holes we have in the side.

We won't know what MW is capable of until next season when with a bit of luck he'll be able to get some of his own choice players in.

In the mean time I'm prepared to wait.

:14:

Have I missed something? Own choice players?

He got a fair few this summer of all
His choice

I phrased that badly Southern, should have said "more of his own choice players".
So far I think he's done reasonably well with the players he's brought in.

redshep - 21/9/2017 13:17

Perfectly dignified here ORF. Just having a little gag re: your name being Old red fart. No offence intended sir.

But alas you're correct in the 35+ years I've been following and supporting forest the majority of the time has been a struggle, particularly for us fans :17:

However, though it may be a slog, the club at least seems to be being run by ambitious but more importantly competent, qualified people. We're all in it together and let's hope we all get to enjoy it together in the not too distant future. :14:

No offence taken shep, I still recognize a gag when I see one and I've had quite a few over the years. But you're right about the struggle, it seems to have lasted much longer than it should.
Like you I'm optimistic for the first time in a good many years.
I think we're on the up.

:35:

Apollyon - 22/9/2017 05:55

Theres no doubt we have "upped" but are we still "upping" ORF?

Think we're having a bit of a "time out" at the moment, this is the close season when things don't normally happen, at least not so much at our club.
If we can scrape a bit of cash together later on and MW is still in charge (and I expect him to be ) then pretty sure that we'll resume the up.

Feel sure that this will help your peace of mind.

Old Red Fart - 22/9/2017 01:11

Perfectly dignified here ORF. Just having a little gag re: your name being Old red fart. No offence intended sir.

But alas you're correct in the 35+ years I've been following and supporting forest the majority of the time has been a struggle, particularly for us fans :17:

However, though it may be a slog, the club at least seems to be being run by ambitious but more importantly competent, qualified people. We're all in it together and let's hope we all get to enjoy it together in the not too distant future. :14:

No offence taken shep, I still recognize a gag when I see one and I've had quite a few over the years. But you're right about the struggle, it seems to have lasted much longer than it should.
I think we're on the up.

Fair play pal. Just a bit of rib nudging. I'm short and bald if that gives you any ammo for riposte :19:

It certainly has been a struggle for far too long. Ill fated take overs and interventions, plus the failure to capitalise on our previous success's have all led the flux we've endured the last couple of DECADES.

That said like you I'm feeling- tentatively- as positive about the future for the club as I have in a long time. That may be a reflection of just how bad it's been, but ostensibly we are a ship being steered at the very least

redshep - 22/9/2017 10:07

Old Red Fart - 22/9/2017 01:11

I think we're on the up.

Fair play pal. Just a bit of rib nudging. I'm short and bald if that gives you any ammo for riposte :19:

It certainly has been a struggle for far too long. Ill fated take overs and interventions, plus the failure to capitalise on our previous success's have all led the flux we've endured the last couple of DECADES.

That said like you I'm feeling- tentatively- as positive about the future for the club as I have in a long time. That may be a reflection of just how bad it's been, but ostensibly we are a ship being steered at the very least

Trying hard not to laugh shep - you're short and bald and I'm 6ft 4ins and built like a stick. At least that's what my grandsons tell me and all 6 of them are 6ft plus with a lot more muscle than me so I'm well used to a bit of rib nudging.
Good luck for the season.

:7:

Been told yesterday that there is massive plans for the ground...whether MW is going to be part of it...that might be a tricky one

I guess the million dollar question is do we think that a year or two for some of our youngsters will make them all of a sudden be able to clear balls/ tackle etc

Or do we think after 2-3 windows the team we see now will be mostly changed?

That's precisely where management is key southern, I think. It needs strategy and a medium to long term vision. That comes with collaborative and dynamic efforts on all fronts. On the face of it we at least seem to have the basis of this at long last or just as importantly the intent.