Chelsea FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

Chelsea FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

What will be the result?

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
So with so many aggrieved at last night's system and approach by Jose, I'm wondering how we change things for a tough game a the Bridge. It feels like Lamps sets them up loosely around a 4-3-3 system. His back 5 is pretty consistent but he's lost Kante. Just wondering whether we can target running at Jorginho like we've done in the past.

So with so many aggrieved at last night's system and approach by Jose, I'm wondering how we change things for a tough game a the Bridge. It feels like Lamps sets them up loosely around a 4-3-3 system. His back 5 is pretty consistent but he's lost Kante. Just wondering whether we can target running at Jorginho like we've done in the past.

I wish someone would explain how we should be playing free flowing football when Jose has this set of attacking MF players to work with.

Lamela 60 mins max.
No Dembele 60 mins max.
Moura, tries hard but no real quality.
Alli , not really been up to scratch for 2 seasons now.
Sess, do me a favour.
Lo Celso, finally looking good but took a long time to get going.

Bergwijn, looking good , not up to speed yet as only been here 5 minutes.
Fernandes , not up to speed yet as only been here 5 minutes.

Now , none of the above are or ever have been prolific goalscorers, except Alli for one season.

2 of the above can't be relied upon to even be fit enough to take part in training sessions, and another 2 have only just joined and have had how many sessions ?

Yet somehow , Jose is supposed to deal with 3 games a week, no proper time for set up practice and yet conjure a lineup that plays like it's been together for years, everyone understands and plays their role to perfection, and MF players can suddenly morph into 20 goal a season lethal strikers.

I thought I was impatient !

I wish someone would explain how we should be playing free flowing football when Jose has this set of attacking MF players to work with.

Lamela 60 mins max.
No Dembele 60 mins max.
Sess, do me a favour.

Now , none of the above are or ever have been prolific goalscorers, except Alli for one season.

2 of the above can't be relied upon to even be fit enough to take part in training sessions, and another 2 have only just joined and have had how many sessions ?

Yet somehow , Jose is supposed to deal with 3 games a week, no proper time for set up practice and yet conjure a lineup that plays like it's been together for years, everyone understands and plays their role to perfection, and MF players can suddenly morph into 20 goal a season strikers.

Anyone expecting free flowing footy with all the points you make is crazy. I certainly don't. What pisses me off is giving the ball back to the opposition, be it kicking it long or just our inability to simply pass the ball to each other.

Anyone expecting free flowing footy with all the points you make is crazy. I certainly don't. What pisses me off is giving the ball back to the opposition, be it kicking it long or just our inability to simply pass the ball to each other.

Not a Jose issue.

Gedson/Winks/Lo Celso/Moura/SB/Alli gave the ball away for fun last night.

Any form of pressure put on them and they spazz the ball

Really simple and basic passes fucked up.

Lamela 60 mins max.
No Dembele 60 mins max.
Sess, do me a favour.

Yet somehow , Jose is supposed to deal with 3 games a week, no proper time for set up practice and yet conjure a lineup that plays like it's been together for years, everyone understands and plays their role to perfection, and MF players can suddenly morph into 20 goal a season lethal strikers.

I keep being told we have goals in the side, where?

Moura has 14 goals in 64 league games - 3 of those in 1 game against Huddersfield - even worse he has 4 assists.

Lamela has 16 in about 130

Alli has 49 in about 150 - with out CE and Kane who he worked well with.

SB/Lo Celso are new to the club so I’ll keep them out of the stat collecting

Don’t even look at Winks contribution to goals and assists - which isn’t really his thing tbf

Lamela 60 mins max.
No Dembele 60 mins max.
Sess, do me a favour.

From what I gathered from last night, the big thing is where you set the defence. If Jose got it further up then he compresses that midfield area. Of course, you're vulnerable when you have the pace of Toby and Ben in the back line playing that strategy especially with the seeming unwillingness of Aurier to get back into shape.

Perhaps one school of thought is to know that you have a lack of attacking options so get into wing back shape. Get Toby in between the younger Tanganga and Davinson and allow Davies and Aurier to own the wings. That leaves 5 places for midfield and attack. Our best ever Prem finish was when we switched to this formation second half of season and also when Conte won the league with Chelsea playing it. Not my favourite formation but we do have the personnel for it again. It would certainly allow guys like Moura to get that much needed rest.

Lloris
Tanganga, Toby, Sanchez
Aurier, Winks, Ndombele, Davies
Dele, Gio
Bergwijn

I keep being told we have goals in the side, where?

Moura has 14 goals in 64 league games - 3 of those in 1 game against Huddersfield - even worse he has 4 assists.

Lamela has 16 in about 130

Alli has 49 in about 150 - with out CE and Kane who he worked well with.

SB/Lo Celso are new to the club so I’ll keep them out of the stat collecting

Don’t even look at Winks contribution to goals and assists - which isn’t really his thing tbf

So it only works as a theory if you look at SB, Gio contribution in the other leagues. Knowing Moura is unlikely to change, I think there is a big pressure on Bergwijn to get the ball in the net.

So it only works as a theory if you look at SB, Gio contribution in the other leagues. Knowing Moura is unlikely to change, I think there is a big pressure on Bergwijn to get the ball in the net.

SB has 32 In 112 league games in a lesser league

Gio has 16 in 102

Again only league games

Nothing to disprove the lack of goals

SB has 32 In 112 league games in a lesser league

Gio has 16 in 102

Again only league games

Nothing to disprove the lack of goals

Yeah, it also becomes about goal chances. Even last night we had 16 chances and 5 on target. On another day, you'd expect a goal from that. "If only that had fallen to Kane or Son" is going to become a regular comment unless the others step up.

Yeah, it also becomes about goal chances. Even last night we had 16 chances and 5 on target. On another day, you'd expect a goal from that. "If only that had fallen to Kane or Son" is going to become a regular comment unless the others step up.

From memory we had 5 good chances

Alli ducking out of header
Moura first time swipe
SB in the first half when cut in side
Lamela being completely free when Moura didn’t pass
Moura header

Our owners once again didn't strengthen the squad in order to be able to have extra solutions in case that some players got injured.

Now we ask from a new appointed manager to find efficient solutions or to create a winning atmosphere with a group of mostly average players and at a club that everybody knows it isn't ambitious with winning silverware on the field.

As Guardiola recently said, a club needs great players and a balanced squad in order to have successes on the field.
Fulfilling that condition isn't the priority of Levy and Co at Spurs.

After yesterday's defeat, some here have finally discovered that we can't win every game only by being lucky and that to achieve that we need also to perform well!

Our owners once again didn't strengthen the squad in order to be able to have extra solutions in case that some players got injured.

Now we ask from a new appointed manager to find efficient solutions or to create a winning atmosphere with a group of mostly average players and at a club that everybody knows it isn't ambitious with winning silverware on the field.

As Guardiola recently said, a club needs great players and a balanced squad in order to have successes on the field.
Fulfilling that condition isn't the priority of Levy and Co at Spurs.

After yesterday's defeat, some here have finally discovered that we can't win every game only by being lucky and that to achieve that we need also to perform well!

Would those " some " like to come forward with their discovery ?

From memory we had 5 good chances

Alli ducking out of header
Moura first time swipe
SB in the first half when cut in side
Lamela being completely free when Moura didn’t pass
Moura header

We don't have any goalscorers left in the team.

What percentage of our total goals did Kane , Son and Eriksen get , just guessing about 80% ?

Lamela 60 mins max.
No Dembele 60 mins max.
Sess, do me a favour.

great post Chiv. and... soon we could be in the 6th round of the FA Cup, could go 4th in the Prem in 48 hours, and not completely out of the CL, didn't lose 7-2 at home to the team trading punches with Bayern. All without Kane, Sissoko, Son, plus a bunch of new young lads, carrying Aurier, Dier, Winks. Which other manager would be doing much better? It's mostly grim to watch but has been since 1-3 to Wolves at end of 2018.