CHECK YOUR SEAT if paying for your season ticket monthly | Page 3 | Vital Football

CHECK YOUR SEAT if paying for your season ticket monthly

That's all it takes Jock a bit of initiative, the problem is though with a lot of fans is they don't want to queue in traffic exiting car parks after the match hence why they would rather walk half a mile to the residential areas then be off home missing all the queues.

Rather selfish in my opinion.

Out of interest Frank, when you attend away matches do you use the official car park or use on street parking ?

Just asking.

Out of interest Frank, when you attend away matches do you use the official car park or use on street parking ?

Just asking.
No problem.

I attend away games on a minibus with 15 others, our driver does his research before the game and if we can't park on the official car park we try to park on a car park near the ground, quite a few industrial estates have car parks where you can pay a tenner or so on matchdays and not far from the stadium so we use them as well,

Never once have we parked in a side street/residential area, out of interest why have you asked that question?

No problem.

I attend away games on a minibus with 15 others, our driver does his research before the game and if we can't park on the official car park we try to park on a car park near the ground, quite a few industrial estates have car parks where you can pay a tenner or so on matchdays and not far from the stadium so we use them as well,

Never once have we parked in a side street/residential area, out of interest why have you asked that question?

Because on the odd occasion that I haven't been able to get on the official car park at away games I have parked on street and don't consider it to be selfish.

I pay my car tax and insurance just like any other person who has a right to park their car on the road.

I would consider it selfish if I parked across someone's drive or in a disabled spot but other than that as long as I am legally entitled to park in that spot and it is safe to do so I don't see an issue.

Because on the odd occasion that I haven't been able to get on the official car park at away games I have parked on street and don't consider it to be selfish.

I pay my car tax and insurance just like any other person who has a right to park their car on the road.

I would consider it selfish if I parked across someone's drive or in a disabled spot but other than that as long as I am legally entitled to park in that spot and it is safe to do so I don't see an issue.
So someone that lives in a street that you and others have parked to go to a match have to park God knows where until you move should just have to put up with it? They pay car tax and insurance also and they want to park in front of their house or at least as near as they can.

Do your research and stop being a tight arse and pay on a car park we never have a problem finding any.

Regarding investing in a season long pass @ £90 I have decided against it. I will pay on the gate for the matches I deem higher priority but will park over the canal for the lesser matches and walk over bridge. I believe they have priced me out of it with a 50% pay increase.

So someone that lives in a street that you and others have parked to go to a match have to park God knows where until you move should just have to put up with it? They pay car tax and insurance also and they want to park in front of their house or at least as near as they can.

Do your research and stop being a tight arse and pay on a car park we never have a problem finding any.
If you want to park on a club car park go for it but I for one don't see anything wrong with street parking it's perfectly legal plus it's only for 2/3 hours and supporters have always done it !

If you want to park on a club car park go for it but I for one don't see anything wrong with street parking it's perfectly legal plus it's only for 2/3 hours and supporters have always done it !
Its ok for you to say that you're not the one inconvenienced by matchday parking, how would you like to get home on a Saturday afternoon to find that you can't park in the street where you live and have to park elsewhere for a few hours?

All because fans don't want to pay a parking fee or want a early dart from the match and don't want to queue.

Would you like it, be honest?

People can park on the road at any time not just match days - you don’t own the road at the front of your house and unless it’s restricted ie yellow lines, disabled or permit parking I don’t see the problem.

People can park on the road at any time not just match days - you don’t own the road at the front of your house and unless it’s restricted ie yellow lines, disabled or permit parking I don’t see the problem.
You won't see a problem because it doesn't affect you, if it did you wouldn't have that attitude.

How do you know parking doesn't affect me - plus if clubs didn't charge such rip off prices for parking supporters might use them. Also, some people don't want to get stuck in a queue after the game to get off a car park.

So you live in a street that has a problem with matchday parking perhaps once a fortnight during the season.

I live opposite a school and cannot access my drive twice a day during the school term, I have in the past encountered people actually parking ON my drive, they are the selfish people not those legally parked.

Have you approached the council and asked them to make your street a residents only parking area or had a white line across your drive to indicate that access is required.

It's not a matter of being tight arsed, it is simply a matter of convenience when I do park on street unlike yourself who seems to be upset and too lazy to walk a short distance once or twice a fortnight.

Tickets not out yet and season starts tonight. Not good if people wanted to buy stuff in shop and cannot get their discount. Parking tickets out so where are the real ones ?

It's not a matter of being tight arsed, it is simply a matter of convenience when I do park on street unlike yourself who seems to be upset and too lazy to walk a short distance once or twice a fortnight.
What the bloody hell are you waffling on about? I live in Springfield and walk to every home game, the street parking does not affect me but it inconveniences others in neighbouring streets.

Just because it doesn't affect me directly doesn't mean there isn't a problem in the areas surrounding the stadium, maybe it's because I don't have the selfish attitude you and others have.

I'm alright Jack f**k anyone else!

What the bloody hell are you waffling on about? I live in Springfield and walk to every home game, the street parking does not affect me but it inconveniences others in neighbouring streets.

Just because it doesn't affect me directly doesn't mean there isn't a problem in the areas surrounding the stadium, maybe it's because I don't have the selfish attitude you and others have.

Yes you told us this in one of your previous lives.

So many identities, no wonder you get confused.

Jesus Frank, so now you are moaning about something that doesn't affect you personally, however you call me selfish when I have to deal with the problem day in day out.

Get a life, there are far more serious things to complain about than a traffic problem once or twice a fortnight that doesn't even affect you.

Jesus Frank, so now you are moaning about something that doesn't affect you personally, however you call me selfish when I have to deal with the problem day in day out.

Get a life, there are far more serious things to complain about than a traffic problem once or twice a fortnight that doesn't even affect you.
If you face a parking problem day in day out then you should understand what its like to be inconvenienced.

Because some selfish gets does it to you you think its acceptable to do it to someone else in a area you don't live?

Two wrongs don't make a right!

If you face a parking problem day in day out then you should understand what its like to be inconvenienced.

Because some selfish gets does it to you you think its acceptable to do it to someone else in a area you don't live?

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Never said I did do it to anyone else, read my reply to your question. If I go to away games I park legally, not across driveways or in disabled spots. But I do park on street sometimes.

No I don't think that I should do unto others as they do to me, but I am not the one whinging about it on here even though it does not personally affect me.