champion recalled by Barnet | Vital Football

champion recalled by Barnet

Shame it didn't work out. On paper it was a good signing in terms of his previous record but he just didn't fit in here, not helped by his special training arrangements. I'm sure there's an element of him being sent back at least as much as he's been recalled but he avoids the ignominy of having that announced. Fair play to all concerned for admitting it wasn't working and ending it early rather then drag it out to no ones benefit for 3 months.

Relief all round I think. He cannot have been enjoying it either. Maybe someone coming before the weekend. Perhaps the Lincoln shops are more attractive now.

UTI :cheers:

Yep, on paper he wasn't too far off what we needed but in reality he was the opposite of what we needed in terms of playing styles.

Very poor record from his three starts - W0 D1 L2 - remembering that he came into the side at the top of the league. And that substitute appearance at Bromley...a disastrous loan if ever there was one.

Given Cowley's comments last weekend, there's more than a whiff of us wanting him recalled. He'd lost his place in the side and supposedly came here to play 1st team football so there really is no point carrying on with what has turned out to one of the very worst loan deals of the last 25 years. Thank goodness he didn't sign permanently.

Credit to the Cowleys for giving up on this before any real damage was done to our season; or to their relationship with the fans. We've had a stream of extremely arrogant managers over recent times who would seemingly never stop picking the duds they'd brought into the club (Schofield with Amoo and Torpey; Jackson with the likes of Gall, Sinclair and Horsfield; Sutton with just about every signing he ever made) so it's good that they've put their hands up and admitted it hasn't worked.

Think it was pretty obvious this was going to happen as soon as it was announced Barnet didn't want him cup tied. No other reason if he was going to be her till Christmas.

I think the reaction is unfortunate. He didn't loan himself to Lincoln, unilaterally decide to pop to Lincoln a couple of times a week or select himself.

At the end of the day it's been a poor piece of business from the management and we can't blame Champion for that.

Credit to them for recognising it and I assume manoeuvering the early termination.

Skip155 - 19/10/2016 14:49

I think the reaction is unfortunate. He didn't loan himself to Lincoln, unilaterally decide to pop to Lincoln a couple of times a week or select himself.

At the end of the day it's been a poor piece of business from the management and we can't blame Champion for that.

Credit to them for recognising it and I assume manoeuvering the early termination.

his passing was poor. especially at dover and bromley. champion has to take the responsibility for that.

nlondonimp - 19/10/2016 17:07

Skip155 - 19/10/2016 14:49

his passing was poor. especially at dover and bromley. champion has to take the responsibility for that.

He has I agree. It just feels a bit harsh to lump it all on him. I'm not lumping it all on Cowleys either - just didn't work out.

79imp - 19/10/2016 14:20

Given Cowley's comments last weekend, there's more than a whiff of us wanting him recalled. He'd lost his place in the side and supposedly came here to play 1st team football so there really is no point carrying on with what has turned out to one of the very worst loan deals of the last 25 years. Thank goodness he didn't sign permanently.

Credit to the Cowleys for giving up on this before any real damage was done to our season; or to their relationship with the fans. We've had a stream of extremely arrogant managers over recent times who would seemingly never stop picking the duds they'd brought into the club (Schofield with Amoo and Torpey; Jackson with the likes of Gall, Sinclair and Horsfield; Sutton with just about every signing he ever made) so it's good that they've put their hands up and admitted it hasn't worked.

I'm no great fan of Sutton but of his loan signings none of Eric Lichaj, Nathan Baker, Chris Herd, Matt Saunders, Davide Somma and even Adam Watts till his injury, were not worth their place. In fact we'd have been relegated without them.

i think it was more the disappointment - how underwhelming his performances were. when he had been built up as this great addition. i was expecting him to be quality, but he stood out for the wrong reasons.

cowley probably got carried away a bit, and overlooked the fact that champion is possibly not even as good as he was during his big season at cambridge. add to that the possibility that the national league standard has improved since that cambridge promotion season.