Chairboys away | Page 8 | Vital Football

Chairboys away

Stick some rhyming words at the end of each line and that's your 12th man sorted this week!
Typical of you to call it bollocks and yet can't be arsed to read the posts!
So you think he got his team selection correct to night. That’s nothing to do with players experience. That’s a manager. That after 30 odd games still doesn’t know what team to pick. A fit Matt Smith should not be sat on the bench. Was Kerr injured are left out all together.

Like I said play him up top. He must be pissed off himself trying to fit in with this manager's ideas.
Jesus, no Jones but Magennis FFS!

The point is Jeff we all know that he is not a back to goal striker, he needs the ball in front of him facing goal and that is not the way we play.

We don't have the ability in midfield to get the ball wide quickly enough to allow the wingers to beat a man and get the ball into the box before the defence is set.

So you think he got his team selection correct to night. That’s nothing to do with players experience. That’s a manager. That after 30 odd games still doesn’t know what team to pick. A fit Matt Smith should not be sat on the bench. Was Kerr injured are left out all together.

Kerr is injured, as was McManaman. Jordan Jones was brought back early from an injury and was rested. Matt Smith was also rested.

Time for bed, night night all.

I love how busy this place is after a loss. It's magnificent.

Can't be arsed reading all the bollocks right now - feck me, there's pages of it, all undoubtedly crying for the manager's head - but I will do tomorrow ... just to make sure I'm not being unfair.

As football fans, we're all obviously entitled to our opinions ... and every so often, they might even be right ... within a context ... but for the rest of the time, we can easily forget about them ... cos let's face it, our opinions are all (for the large part) forgettable.

Any road, dip yer bread while you can lads ... assuming of course that everyone isn't saying "give him more time". Aye, right.
Stick some rhyming words at the end of each line and that's your 12th man sorted this week!
Typical of you to call it bollocks and yet can't be arsed to read the posts!
Bang! Back of the net, great strike. 👏👏👏👏

I realise you will never concede the point KDZ but you really should read the post you are replying to.

Players from non league beat higher division sides in cup games, so are you saying that they also have the ability to compete for a full season in the higher division?

They beat the top sides because they are able to raise their games on one off occasions against the top teams, that doesn't mean that they are able to maintain that level all season.

If they had the ability that you credit them with they would be able to play at a consistent level and not be chalk and cheese in their performances.

In those cup games you speak of the side with the better players only lose when they are complacent allow the lesser side to out work or out battle them.

That is what we constantly do against the mid to lower sides.

It's not like we are unpredictable, we are quite consistently playing with intensity against the top sides which allows us to play well then consistently playing without it against the lower sides which sees us under perform. It's not coincide after happening so many times, it's a motivational / mentality issue and an issue we seem to have no idea how to fix.

Even Maloney in his post match says he has to figure out why numerous times this season we 'take our foot off the gas' and play as we did in the first half.

Last edited:
Having wide players who can run with the ball (Jones, McManaman, J Smith, Godo) is great but it’s our only threat at the moment. We piss about and eventually give it to one of them and expect them to do something. The strikers don’t move, midfielders don’t make runs forward and we don’t have any shots from in and around the box.

I can remember one forward pass through the middle of the pitch tonight, it gave Sze a chance to shoot. That should be happening all the time and players should be looking to find space and give the man with the ball an option.

We’re constantly playing it safe and going sideways or backwards unless our wingers run forwards with the ball. If Maloney doesn’t change and we lose Jones in the summer and we’re fucked next season. He’s kept this team going for quite a while now with his direct running and positivity.

I don't understand why we keep playing Jones on the left when he's a right footed winger who wants to put crosses in, while playing Godo on the right when he a right footed player who wants to cut inside and shoot.

Just swop them and we might get a better end product out of both.

Everyone keeps saying Godo's (and Humphrys) form has dropped but all of their best performances came when they were on the left and right sides respectively but we've not played them there since.

Are the players not good enough or just can't be arsed
Knowing most will be binned end of season due to wage cuts

If they weren't good enough they wouldn't be able to beat the better sides.

The lads out of contract should be putting themselves in the shop window if they want to convince us or anyone else to give them the best deal.

I don't understand why we keep playing Jones on the left when he's a right footed winger who wants to put crosses in, while playing Godo on the right when he a right footed player who wants to cut inside and shoot.

Just swop them and we might get a better end product out of both.

Everyone keeps saying Godo's (and Humphrys) form has dropped but all of their best performances came when they were on the left and right sides respectively but we've not played them there since.

I wouldn't mind if we swopped them around for a few minutes every now and then during a game, something we were doing earlier in season. Thought in that 2nd half that was what cost us, poor crossing and decision-making in final 3rd, though Thelo unlucky a couple of times and on 84, Kelman has to score. We should never have lost that game on the 60 minutes I saw.

Can't/won't comment on the first 30 or so, didn't see it, think the feed on the dodgy firestick was doing what we'd done earlier, got stuck in traffic and had to make it's way back to Abram

What absolute drivel Maloney....

You picked the team, you changed shape in the 2nd half and you setup the team to fail in the first half with a woeful midfield... sick of hearing you saying the "The Team in the 2nd half was brilliant !! that's how I want my Wigan Team to play"

Bringing 3 new players on nearly every half time is 100% down to you....

I am dropping off for a while now just too angry with his bullshit

I wouldn't mind if we swopped them around for a few minutes every now and then during a game, something we were doing earlier in season. Thought in that 2nd half that was what cost us, poor crossing and decision-making in final 3rd, though Thelo unlucky a couple of times and on 84, Kelman has to score. We should never have lost that game on the 60 minutes I saw.

Can't/won't comment on the first 30 or so, didn't see it, think the feed on the dodgy firestick was doing what we'd done earlier, got stuck in traffic and had to make it's way back to Abram

You genuinely didn't miss anything in the first 30 minutes.

The second half was frustrating but we had a go so you can take losing like that. But that first half we just weren't up for it.

I genuinely have optimism of winning that and Portsmouth away than I do against Burton, Cambridge, Port Vale, etc.

That's the bizarre thing, mind it's what you get from inconsistent teams. Not saying it will happen, but would anyone really be that surprised if we got 7 points from Blackpool, Lincoln and Portsmouth, but only 2 or 3 from Vale, Burton and Cambridge?