Chairboys away | Page 10 | Vital Football

Chairboys away

You are correct, the players have to take some of the blame and responsibility, as does the manager. To absolve the manager of the blame and try to force your opinion by insulting a growing number of supporters is poor!
Hold on a minute.

1. Where in my post do I "absolve" the manager of blame? and more importantly,
2. How am I trying to "force" my opinion on others ... no matter how many? They've had their say, I've had mine, ... what on earth is the problem with that?

Sounds like you're espousing "free speech", so long as it's your definition of "free"!

Right, having read every single post, I'm pretty comfortable with having used the word "bollocks" to describe the majority of last night's reaction to the game.

All of these things have happened, yet amazingly, it seems that it's all on the manager, not the players:
Pathetic performance, changing the team, not changing the team, could/should have scored a ponful in the 2nd half, poor player motivation, chucking points away, players proving how bad they are ... yet not also how good they are, ... when are we going to accept that we're watching an inconsistent mid table team, with limited experience, struggling to break down stubborn, well organised teams.

"He'll have to go" ! :arrghh: ... 10th (on points acquired) in the league, with a team of (nah, we've done that to death) ... it's really not worth the effort responding to such a myopic outlook.

Making comments about player selections/non-selections without any reference (or knowledge of) the reasoning or facts ... but of course, it's far easier that way. as It seems that one level of ignorance excuses another.

I suppose that lots of what's posted is simply the social meeja equivalent of "tha'll si mi ner moo-er" ... it's simply a flounce to say "look at me, I'm all upset". Poor little things.
Your approach to matters on the field pal reminds me of several visits to the theatre and comedy gigs where folk just sit there determined to enjoy their night out irrespective of the shite being served up. I once went watching Michael McIntyre and some around us were pissing their sides at the jokes...I remember turning to my wife and saying " what the fuck are they laughing at ?".

Might as well scrap the forum then.
Not sure of your logic here mate ... it's just like Catchphrase ... we see it, we say it ... good or bad ... not sure why that shouldn't carry on as normal.

Managers come and go, players come and go, even owners come and go, ... but there'll always be us fans to call 'em all shite at some point. ;)

You're approach to matters on the field pal reminds me of several visits to the theatre and comedy gigs where folk just sit there determined to enjoy their night out irrespective of the shite being served up. I once went watching Michael McIntyre and some around us were pissing their sides at the jokes...I remember turning to my wife and saying " what the fuck are they laughing at ?".
The first half was poor. The second half was much better. Maybe I just balance the two more evenly.

Even if what everyone's posted about Maloney's failings are correct, we should still have won the game with the chances we had. I don't mind putting some things down to him ... just not everything.

Calling for him to go, in our current position, from our start of season position is just plain daft . (In my opinion WN2).

Right, having read every single post, I'm pretty comfortable with having used the word "bollocks" to describe the majority of last night's reaction to the game.
wow. just fucking wow.
Edit to add. loads on heer have been watching the game for 40. 50. 60 yeers
All of these things have happened, yet amazingly, it seems that it's all on the manager, not the players:
Pathetic performance,
if you set up a teem of superstars the wey sean does at times then your going to get a pathetic preformance. square pegs and all that.
changing the team,
this is the 3rd time hes done the 3 subs routine. he got it rong. again.
not changing the team,
dont think anybody was on about not changing the teem. this is a match thred.
could/should have scored a ponful in the 2nd half,
consenus was second half were beter than 1st.
poor player motivation, chucking points away
not reely read into this but if its considered a shit preformance then yeah a point was chucked awey. its a match thred.
, players proving how bad they are ... yet not also how good they are,
i give you adeeko magennis humps et al. who was your stand out pleyer last nite.
... when are we going to accept that we're watching an inconsistent mid table team, with limited experience, struggling to break down stubborn, well organised teams.
and yet we can break down stuborn well organised teems at the top of the table.
"He'll have to go" ! :arrghh: ... 10th (on points acquired) in the league, with a team of (nah, we've done that to death) ... it's really not worth the effort responding to such a myopic outlook.
the peeple seying he'll have to go are them that see how this is panning out for the future. if he carrys on like this then itll be the same shite next seeson with no garantee that we'll get these points as teems will have sussed him and his shitty tactics out.
Making comments about player selections/non-selections without any reference (or knowledge of) the reasoning or facts ... but of course, it's far easier that way. as It seems that one level of ignorance excuses another.
yet. as someone has alredy sed. he swapped them out at half time with pleyers who changed the game. why not start them. cos hes not a fucking clue thats why.
I suppose that lots of what's posted is simply the social meeja equivalent of "tha'll si mi ner moo-er" ... it's simply a flounce to say "look at me, I'm all upset". Poor little things.
is flounce your new word of the month.

Your approach to matters on the field pal reminds me of several visits to the theatre and comedy gigs where folk just sit there determined to enjoy their night out irrespective of the shite being served up. I once went watching Michael McIntyre and some around us were pissing their sides at the jokes...I remember turning to my wife and saying " what the fuck are they laughing at ?".
my condolenses mate.

wow. just fucking wow.
Edit to add. loads on heer have been watching the game for 40. 50. 60 yeers
Length of time doing summat doesn't always have any bearing on expertise ... I know this through my own cricket experiences.
If you set up a teem of superstars the wey sean does at times then your going to get a pathetic preformance. square pegs and all that.
I've never rated them as superstars.
this is the 3rd time hes done the 3 subs routine. he got it rong. again.
I'm sure he admits this ... no doubt he had reasons for his initial selections, and he saw it wasn't working. Do we expect a manager to get everything right, first time, every time?
I dont think anybody was on about not changing the teem. this is a match thred.
I think you'll find Brick that some posters berate the manager for whatever selections he makes. Not sure why you make the point re the match thread.
consenus was second half were beter than 1st.
Yep ... I agree
i give you adeeko magennis humps et al. who was your stand out pleyer last nite.
My point here was the performances as a group, from game to game ... but last night, either Jones or Hughes.
and yet we can break down stuborn well organised teems at the top of the table.
It's a bugger, isn't it?
the peeple seying he'll have to go are them that see how this is panning out for the future. if he carrys on like this then itll be the same shite next seeson with no garantee that we'll get these points as teems will have sussed him and his shitty tactics out.
I read it as they want him out now. Fairly sure I'm right. As for next season, no-0ne has a crystal ball ... I'm prepared to wait and see.
yet. as someone has alredy sed. he swapped them out at half time with pleyers who changed the game. why not start them. cos hes not a fucking clue thats why.
Because (as has been explained previously) they are coming back from injury, and aren't necessarily wanting to be risked for a full 90 mins. Saying he's "not a fucking clue" just makes you look silly Brick ... is that your little flounce?
is flounce your new word of the month.
Yep ... season probably.

Hold on a minute.

1. Where in my post do I "absolve" the manager of blame? and more importantly,
2. How am I trying to "force" my opinion on others ... no matter how many? They've had their say, I've had mine, ... what on earth is the problem with that?

Sounds like you're espousing "free speech", so long as it's your definition of "free"!
Myopic, Ignorance and poor little things….
They are insulting words used by you towards people who have a differing of opinion to you.
You are entitled to your opinion (as is everyone) and I actually agree with a lot of yours. I agree that changing the manager at this moment in time would be wrong but i want him to change his ways and worry he might not change his ways before it does become time for a change.

Myopic, Ignorance and poor little things….
They are insulting words used by you towards people who have a differing of opinion to you.
You are entitled to your opinion (as is everyone) and I actually agree with a lot of yours. I agree that changing the manager at this moment in time would be wrong but i want him to change his ways and worry he might not change his ways before it does become time for a change.
So ... I haven't absolved the manager, and I haven't forced my opinion on anyone.

As for the insults bit, you're taking the piss now.

Very poor from a goalkeeper that prefers to parry the ball away rather than get his body behind it and catch the ball.
To be fair TB, though I fully concur with your parrying point when making diving saves, last night, I thought he was just stood in the wrong place, that's all.

He should have been covering his near post, and clearly wasn't.

The point is Jeff we all know that he is not a back to goal striker, he needs the ball in front of him facing goal and that is not the way we play.

We don't have the ability in midfield to get the ball wide quickly enough to allow the wingers to beat a man and get the ball into the box before the defence is set.
Well then it is time we stopped playing this arse about tit way of playing and play a striker facing the goals with passes to run on to or crosses to run on to from a winger that cuts back a cross from the byline. Both wingers were flying on Saturday but still don't go to the byline and cut in crosses. One of those Jones was dropped by this manager for those efforts. Absolutely ridiculous confidence smashing tactics by Maloney.

So ... I haven't absolved the manager, and I haven't forced my opinion on anyone.

As for the insults bit, you're taking the piss now.
Fair enough. I thought you were saying Maloney was overachieving with a poor squad of players. I realise now that you agree he needs to take some of the blame for this roller coaster form, so apologies.
As for taking the piss however. No, I stand by my comment, insulting people like that because of their opinion is an attempt of forcing yours onto them.

As for taking the piss however. No, I stand by my comment, insulting people like that because of their opinion is an attempt of forcing yours onto them.
As ever, I'm happy to agree to disagree. We're all grown ups on here. I'm happy that I'm not the only one taking the piss, or chucking out insults.

Reactions: WN2
Well then it is time we stopped playing this arse about tit way of playing and play a striker facing the goals with passes to run on to or crosses to run on to from a winger that cuts back a cross from the byline. Both wingers were flying on Saturday but still don't go to the byline and cut in crosses. One of those Jones was dropped by this manager for those efforts. Absolutely ridiculous confidence smashing tactics by Maloney.
Do you think there's only one way of playing football?

Haven't you read what's been said about Jones coming back way earlier than planned from injury, and therefore being treated with a little TLC? He wasn't "dropped".

"Confidence smashing"? ... are you seriously suggesting that Maloney hasn't massively assisted Jones's confidence this season? Have you listened to the interviews with Jones?

I can already see this thread potentially getting a bit heated so the thing i'd say is regardless of what anyone thinks of Maloney is he isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable. So probably not worth getting to bogged down in that debate.

He's going to almost certainly get the benefit of the doubt (if the ownership have any) after they bought into his vision of the club last summer.

By the start of next season he will have a squad that will be 100% players who signed a contract under his watch, had 18 months to establish his style of play and shaping the club in his image and there are no deductions, disruptions, limitations.

There will be no excuses at that point, he'll have been backed and had plenty of time. If we are playing good football consistently, getting results and in the promotion pack then it will be to his credit. If we are still regularly turning out performances like we have for much of this season the blame will fall on him.

Either way it is going to play out and at that point we'll pretty much have a definitive answer to the debate of if Maloney is up to it or not. I think even those are very frustrated and have major doubts about Maloney would prefer to be proven wrong and him be great for us next season, but time will tell.

Last edited: