Chairboys away | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chairboys away

That first half was fucking woeful. Wycombe were awful but we were far worse. I wasn't expecting is to turn up tonight as we rarely do against teams outside the top 6, but we took lacklustre to a new level.

I was expecting Wycombe might be in our face trying to rough us up and drag us into a scrap but they haven't even done that. Awful mistakes from Scott Smith and Tickle to concede a goal from a throw in but whole team been shocking.

Zero press, movement, urgency or attempt to go forward. All we are doing is pumping it forward, no attempt to play any football.

No idea how many times we have to start Adeeko and Scot Smith in midfield before Maloney realise it never works. One of them you can probably carry, but two lightweight players who can't win a tackle or create anything is asking for trouble. It's a joke Shaw doesn't start ahead of both if he's fit, but he's been left on the bench.

I've seen more intensity in early pre season games when everyone isn't match fit and taking it easy.

Absolutely pathetic performance from us.

Wycombe are absolutely garbage though so if we can be bothered in the second half and actually have a go we should be able to still win.

Shoot me please, I live in Reading & couldn’t be arsed travelling 20 minute to watch this shite live, watched Tics all my life & now 62… I even feel light burning my fire stick cos this is truly appalling football AGAIN, god where is our soul.

No proper effort no fight. Changes may have been forced on Shaun but its definitely not working. Need some speed on like Godo and Jones, with Matt Smith in middle.

I will be the same next season with mon in charge. He pisses about with the team that much. Players haven’t a a bloody what they are doing Said last week. Hughes is going backwards. And he will with this fella in charge

How many times has the manager got it wrong then made 3 changes at half time or just into the 2nd half? I doubt anyone would’ve picked that starting 11 apart from him. We finally started showing a bit of attacking intent after 45 fucking mins. Why not do that from the first whistle?

If he sticks with this approach next season I fear the worst and think we’ll be in a relegation battle. We’re so boring to watch as well.

I would :-

Move Asgaard into Humphrys 10 role as he seems to be occupying his space

Swap Humphrys for Matt Smith

This will stiffen up midfield a bit...then Jones at 60/65.

Good job we're playing Blackpool next as our lot are playing like they're on the bloody beach....aimless balls up front, unable to find a decent pass & a total disinterest from the whole team. This is gash & can surely only get better in the 2nd half.
How anyone on this planet can play Scott Smith before Matty Smith beggars belief, I would give Wolfy a gaming before him.

Once we are mathematically safe unless Maloney injects life & forward movement into this team then he must go before season ends, our fan base needs to be entertained to grow, me & my 2 sons all season ticket holders and Blue Chip Members of the past are truly pissed off watching this shite every time .

Thought taking Jonny Smith off was unlucky for him at least he tried in the first half....

So many others should have gone...

I can only assume the yellow card didn't help...