Cave rescue | Vital Football

Cave rescue

Reports out this morning are saying they are to be given 4 months food supply and taught how to dive.

Obviously worried about getting them out in their monsoon season.

Yes it's good news they have all been found alive, however as you said Pride the dangers aren't over yet, as it's going to he risky getting them out of their.

There is also talk of the coach facing charges of neglect once they are rescued, rightly so.

Let's hope if he is charged it's just a neglect charge and no one loses there life in the rescue as then he will face a heavier charge.

I couldn't care less about him. Just wouls love to see them all come out alive obviously

What on earth that coach was thinking is beyond me going and taking them into the caves

Who the fuck decided to take them caving in the monsoon season?

Strange decision really but I'm delighted they are all OK

Amazing news that 4 have got out although as said, sad that one life has been lost. I feared the worst and it isn’t over yet, hopefully I’m wrong but there is more bad weather due.

Out of interest, what will the fate of the coach be? I believe (correct me if I am wrong) he’s taken the kids down there without the proper guidance in the wrong season, and a life has been lost albeit not one of his team. Thailand had a pretty severe justice system if I’m not mistake.

Up to 8 now, brilliant. Last I heard it was 4. Credit to all who have given their time and expertise - they have my respect, and as you say JF, one lost his life.

What it shows Dan (and not to that degree) this was my thing when 12-15 but my instructor - also a Mr Field but no relation - was part of Snowdonia's voluntary rescue team. He pushed us, but never in a way that led to risk.

The second he got a doubt, an outing was cancelled he didn't push us. Wind got too high, we headed back and so on. And this was a man where if conditions were right we could abseil death dives and everything. He sent us in water through holes where we had to strip backpacks etc to fit through and when he was happy, we didn't have safety ropes (but he was never far away).

Elf and Safety does actually play a part as much as it's maligned.

I’m so risk averse with things like this I refused to go down the caves at the Black Country museum on a school trip.

Fingers crossed they make it back, get back to full physical and mental health and can lead a normal life post this. This exposes the boys to a whole level of media attention for years.

It's an experience and one I value to this day, even if I'd never repeat it being a dad now because mortality takes over - but I miss it! lol

This is where the media need to cock off, they won't, but they should.

The assistant coach has had a awful life apparently. Read through this article it tells you more about him. It is an interesting and sad read as he lost both his parents at the age of 10, became a monk and left the monastery 3 years ago to help these boys. He is not being blamed by the parents of the children. They think he helped keep them alive and safe
................................................................................

Thai cave rescue: How a 25-year-old former monk kept the teenage football team alive
dummy.gif

Ekapol Chanthawong (left)) left his life in the monkhood three years ago and joined the Moo Pa (Wild Boars) football team as an assistant coach soon after

Cont: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ormer-monk-kept-the-teenage-soccer-team-alive

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so risk averse with things like this I refused to go down the caves at the Black Country museum on a school trip.

Fingers crossed they make it back, get back to full physical and mental health and can lead a normal life post this. This exposes the boys to a whole level of media attention for years.

I think once they get over their ordeal both physical and mental and the media circus dies down everything should go back to normal.... well, hopefully anyway.

Similar to the miners in..... er, what bloody country was it?...... ahhhh South America anyway..... :rolleyes:

Really good news. I heard it early this morning. Interesting to learn that they were sedated so they didn't panic on their way out.

Got a bit annoyed with the questioning on sedation, made all the sense in the world. Christ, plenty of adults would've wanted something if they had to go through that!

Got a bit annoyed with the questioning on sedation, made all the sense in the world. Christ, plenty of adults would've wanted something if they had to go through that!

I absolutely agree. Diving in open water makes some panic, and in confined spaces it must be horrific. It was entirely the best solution.