Carlisle (H) | Vital Football

Carlisle (H)

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Starting the thread now because this has unfortunately become a big game.

Shaun Maloney has been able to hide under the excuse that he's been forced to field young players who clearly aren't ready for this level of football and it's a valid excuse when playing sides like Derby. However, newly promoted Carlisle (5th place in L2 last season) are rock bottom, five points adrift of safety and are almost certainly going straight back down. There is no hiding place this time and no excuse for either Shaun or those young players. Failure to perform here and their career not only at Latics, but also as footballers at this level will be on borrowed time. As will potentially our L1 status.

I don't care if Thelo is less than 50% fit, he has to start. Assuming Wyke's missus has safely pushed out the new-born, he has to start as well. Ditch three at the back and go 4-2-3-1

Tickle

Clare, Morrison, Hughes, Sessegnon (assuming Jones is injured, otherwise drop Clare & move Sess over).

Thelo Baba

Lang, Humphrys McManaman

Wyke

I'm very much still behind the manager, I think he's been dealt a bad hand with injuries, a total lack of depth and the cup draw taking players' eyes and minds off the ball. However, drop points here and my patience will be tested. I don't give a toss about the style of football I see on the night. Just win the fucking game.

Shaun Maloney has been able to hide under the excuse that he's been forced to field young players who clearly aren't ready for this level of football and it's a valid excuse when playing sides like Derby. However, newly promoted Carlisle (5th place in L2 last season) are rock bottom, five points adrift of safety and are almost certainly going straight back down. There is no hiding place this time and no excuse for either Shaun or those young players. Failure to perform here and their career not only at Latics, but also as footballers at this level will be on borrowed time. As will potentially our L1 status.

I don't care if Thelo is less than 50% fit, he has to start. Assuming Wyke's missus has safely pushed out the new-born, he has to start as well. Ditch three at the back and go 4-2-3-1

Tickle

Clare, Morrison, Hughes, Sessegnon (assuming Jones is injured, otherwise drop Clare & move Sess over).

Thelo Baba

Lang, Humphrys McManaman

Wyke

I'm very much still behind the manager, I think he's been dealt a bad hand with injuries, a total lack of depth and the cup draw taking players' eyes and minds off the ball. However, drop points here and my patience will be tested. I don't give a toss about the style of football I see on the night. Just win the fucking game.
To win a game of football you need to get shots on goal. Zero again today doubt it will change on Friday. 3k Cumbrians. Shouting them on. Just can’t see us winning

Must win games are really much later in the season, what I'm hoping for is a similar performance to the last 20 odd mins against Derby, if their goalie has a blinder, we hit the woodwork a few times or don't get 3 stonewall penalties which results in us not winning I will be happier than the way we played first half against Derby.

IF and its a big IF we go 2 up by half time and sean turns it into another borefest traning seshion in the second half. then im adding my name to the maloney out thred.
must win this one.

Tickle

Thelo Baba

Lang, Humphrys McManaman

Wyke

Decent line up, can see him starting Thelo (not sure if Thelo could do the 90 though yet), other than that, I'd probably go Scott Smith instead of Baba, think Baba's just completely ran out of steam atm

Tickle

Thelo Baba

Lang, Humphrys McManaman

Wyke

Please tell me what the fuck have Adeeko and Lang done recently to deserve a start?

Be a while before I see us getting another point fuck sake we can't get a shot on target never mind get a point
I'll save my money instead of throwing it down the drain watch8ng this shit

Richardson will come for some one that’s for sure. They always do. Ex managers. Wyke. Very much doubt they will pay the insurance. Needed to play. Lang. Maybe. Magennis. Even Richardson. Not that daft.
Only one I can see is Theo

Lang how the fuck does he still get agame absolute shyte always on his arseand giving teams a free kick
Maloney is l9sing the plot
Put Lang out wide right or up front where he was at his most dangerous and he will produce more and score goals . He is not a number 10 like Keane or Powell were. If we ever played players in their positions, or at least were they are best at, we may have a chance.

It’s a must win game for me for a variety of reasons.

If we can combine how we played for the last 30 or so minutes against against Port vale, the first 15 minutes of the Reading game & the last 10/ 15 minutes against Derby then we might just be able to get a result from the Carlisle game...but if we sit back & pretend these are Brazil then we will come unstuck again & be looking perilously close to the drop zone.

Richardson will come for some one that’s for sure. They always do. Ex managers. Wyke. Very much doubt they will pay the insurance. Needed to play. Lang. Maybe. Magennis. Even Richardson. Not that daft.
Only one I can see is Theo

Think he'll find it hard to attract players, even now, they look almost certain to drop

Carlisle are bottom for a reason but have we anyone who can hurt anybody ?... Thelo has to start and i would play him at 10 and drop Lang and also hope Jones is fit. We also need a target man on the field. Drop Clare also as he is going worse with every passing game.

I honestly hope I'm wrong but see this as 0-0.

Put Lang out wide right or up front where he was at his most dangerous and he will produce more and score goals . He is not a number 10 like Keane or Powell were. If we ever played players in their positions, or at least were they are best at, we may have a chance.
Glaringly obvious. Not sure if Shaun even knows this. It's looking just as obvious he doesn't. While he is at it he should play Humphs up front instead of every position but that.

Must win and expected win. We have a young squad but lets not pretend were the youngest in the league, there are teams with a less average age that perform and play better than us. Maloney needs to start getting firm again like we was last season and demand more, especially from midfield. We can't rely on Matt Smith to keep the team ticking. If the others are not upto it in his absence, then we need to find another. This is no dig at Adeeko and Scott Smith.

Tickle

Thelo Baba

Lang, Humphrys McManaman

Wyke

Maloney's 4-2-3-1 will look more like 4-6-0 but at least that's a tad better than his 5-5-0. No matter how and who he lines up things will still be the same unless the ball starts going forwards, players dribble instead of passing and he ups the tempo. Get the ball in the box and test the keeper. I don't even give a tuppeny shite if we go long because Shaun's fancy ball is even worse on the eye than Leams so called hoof ball game.