Carlisle FA Cup Pre Match Press Conference with Danny Cowley | Page 3 | Vital Football

Carlisle FA Cup Pre Match Press Conference with Danny Cowley

Great photo, very nostalgic for us old gits. They look delighted to be having a photo taken on such a lovely day. Presumably taken mid-season to mark GT's appointment.

From memory:
Back, L-R: Bert Loxley, Tommy Spencer, Brendan Bradley, John Ward, Dave Smith, Derek Trevis, Eric Hulme, Colin Symm, Terry Branston, George Peden, Graham Taylor.
Front, L-R: Dave Brammer, Peter Brankin, David Walls, Mick Bloor, Jimmy McGeough, Frankie McMahon, John Worsdale, Dixie McNeil, ???, ???.

No John Kennedy, presumably at work.

Anyone know who the two on the right are?

Anyone know who the two on the right are?

No, but you did well to identify Brammer and Brankin!

Presumably taken not long after Percy Freeman was sold to Reading in the January.

Terry Cooper also missing - may have been out injured at that time?

Indeed on the back row third from the left standing next to John Ward. Lincoln City circa 1972 -1973. Although I am an "old fart" :grinning: this is still way before my time starting to watch The Imps.

View attachment 30132
Which makes me an even older old fart, I watched this lot and hand painted model footballer in the same kit. Looking at the conditions, before Terry Branston secured GT's first win at the 12th time of asking?

Some good players in that line up, not least Brendan Bradley, shame he never felt settled over this side of the Irish Sea.

Which makes me an even older old fart, I watched this lot and hand painted model footballer in the same kit. Looking at the conditions, before Terry Branston secured GT's first win at the 12th time of asking?

Some good players in that line up, not least Brendan Bradley, shame he never felt settled over this side of the Irish Sea.
Oliver Hardy at Clownty would have sacked GT before his 12th game!

When you look at that squad GT was left a great deal of firepower, considering Percy Freeman had just been sold, in addition to my namesake there was also John Ward and Dixie McNeil.

I always thought Bradley was one of the great losses to the Imps, he could have gone on to big things and was a brilliant signing by David Herd.

However, if there has been a better goalscorer in an Imps shirt in the last 60 years than Dixie McNeil I'd like to hear the nominations.

I was aghast when he was sold by GT to Hereford for such a paltry fee. John Schnoz Sillett always said he got a massive bargain. Of course, what followed meant it didn't matter but it looked like a huge mistake at the time.

Bradley looked terrific, and I was not at all surprised that he went on to score so many goals in LOI - 235, which remains the league record.

Once David Herd had left, I think he felt his father figure had gone and there was only going to be one outcome.

I often wonder how many he would have scored in the FL.