Cardiff ticket price increase | Page 9 | Vital Football

Cardiff ticket price increase

With a 7k crowd we’ll be laughing - we couldn’t expect much higher for an unfashionable Prem club unless we have cheap tickets.

Gills fans boycotting gills match over something so trivial compared to many things that have happened in the past - hmmm.

Cant see any true Gills fan boycotting any match for any reason (let alone a couple of pounds) - I wonder if they would boycott if it was Liverpool at home, I have my doubts.

If your going to have a protest why do it when you can see your club against Premiership opposition, would make more sense to boycott a league match in protest over the cup match - a high percentage of the cup matches are given to the way club and in expenses.

Over the years the club has had its ups and downs, many managers and chairmen and through it all the true Gills fans have always been around and always will be.

DurhamGills, so you are saying that markinkent is not a true Gills fan?
I didn't go to the Hartlepool cup game because the RE was shut so am I not a true supporter? Also, the Hartlepool attendance was 2,224 so there is another 3,000 fans missing, also non true supporters?
People have there own reasons to attend or not and even though the price is a liberty I will be there but I don't blame anyone who isn't.

COYG

DurhamGills, so you are saying that markinkent is not a true Gills fan?
I didn't go to the Hartlepool cup game because the RE was shut so am I not a true supporter? Also, the Hartlepool attendance was 2,224 so there is another 3,000 fans missing, also non true supporters?
People have there own reasons to attend or not and even though the price is a liberty I will be there but I don't blame anyone who isn't.

COYG

Not at all - I wont be there but it has nothing to do with a protest, even if it was Liverpool I would not be able to make it. However if i wanted to go to a match price or stand open would not stop me

It is not uncommon for football clubs to charge different prices for different category games. I will be there and wouldn’t want to miss a potential upset. I am looking forward to it and I hope there will be a decent crowd.

I don't mind not being called a true Gills fan. I am certainly not compared to the 1980's and 1990's when I travelled home and away and a season ticket was a given. I even remember paying double to get in when were insolvent i.e. paid to get in and then put the same in the collection buckets.

The club is far less important to me now that it was then.

I don't like every aspect of how its run and I think the owner should reflect on some of his decisions and try to value the fans more. This little increase annoyed me because I just see it as an opportunity to squeeze a bit more from what little support we have. I am fortunate that I could afford to go and the increase makes no difference to me financially but there are plenty of other people who wouldn't have needed this after the expense of Christmas. Its that principal that I choose to voice my disagreement to and the only way that makes a difference is not to buy the product they are selling.

To answer Durhams question on Liverpool (or any of the real big premier clubs) - if the demand was likely to be high for tickets then why not cash in - put it up to £30 but say that extra would go to the transfer budget to help fund a loan in January. Take advantage of the glory hunters who are drawn by Liverpool.

I think people could see the logic of that. The problem is Cardiff or Huddersfield don't have the same draw and I suspect the ticket demand will not be as high. I can't see too many casual fans in Medway thinking I want to go and see Cardiff.

Infact a few championship clubs like Villa might have been seen as a bigger draw.

At the end of the day I don't go to the paint pot trophy and I don't go the early stages of the FAC cup (due to the lack of atmosphere). On that basis I don't consider myself a "true fan" and it doesn't really bother me.

The club don't really need to concern themselves with one fan choosing not to attend or that same fan who held a season ticket for 30 years but no longer does.

If a large number of people don't attend due to the price rise then the club should reflect on its decisions. We will have to see what the attendance is to see whether or not the price rise was justified or not.

Happy New Year to all and lets hope the club can become a bit more fan friendly in 2019 and actually show signs that we might halt the decline and actually start to progress on the pitch.

I don't mind not being called a true Gills fan. I am certainly not compared to the 1980's and 1990's when I travelled home and away and a season ticket was a given. I even remember paying double to get in when were insolvent i.e. paid to get in and then put the same in the collection buckets.

The club is far less important to me now that it was then.

I don't like every aspect of how its run and I think the owner should reflect on some of his decisions and try to value the fans more. This little increase annoyed me because I just see it as an opportunity to squeeze a bit more from what little support we have. I am fortunate that I could afford to go and the increase makes no difference to me financially but there are plenty of other people who wouldn't have needed this after the expense of Christmas. Its that principal that I choose to voice my disagreement to and the only way that makes a difference is not to buy the product they are selling.

To answer Durhams question on Liverpool (or any of the real big premier clubs) - if the demand was likely to be high for tickets then why not cash in - put it up to £30 but say that extra would go to the transfer budget to help fund a loan in January. Take advantage of the glory hunters who are drawn by Liverpool.

I think people could see the logic of that. The problem is Cardiff or Huddersfield don't have the same draw and I suspect the ticket demand will not be as high. I can't see too many casual fans in Medway thinking I want to go and see Cardiff.

Infact a few championship clubs like Villa might have been seen as a bigger draw.

At the end of the day I don't go to the paint pot trophy and I don't go the early stages of the FAC cup (due to the lack of atmosphere). On that basis I don't consider myself a "true fan" and it doesn't really bother me.

The club don't really need to concern themselves with one fan choosing not to attend or that same fan who held a season ticket for 30 years but no longer does.

If a large number of people don't attend due to the price rise then the club should reflect on its decisions. We will have to see what the attendance is to see whether or not the price rise was justified or not.

Happy New Year to all and lets hope the club can become a bit more fan friendly in 2019 and actually show signs that we might halt the decline and actually start to progress on the pitch.

Mark - very much the same for me, my life was ruled by matches home and away and it was very unusual for me to miss one.

Life moves on and fans at not as fanatical as they were probably because there are so many other things to do and far to much live football on TV.

Clubs really dont give a toss about fans, football is now a business and all about money squeezing every last penny out of every and because its a business supporter clubs can no longer be open with supporters and in turn supporters dont feel part of the club.

We will never know if the ticket prices were justified against Cardiff but as a high percentage goes to the away team what ever happens I suspect GFC will at best break even on the gate.

Of course we will win the match and make 125k plus get a big club in the next round, we could win the cup!

We all dream and believe - this time next year we could be top of the Championship.

I hope everyone on here and their families, friends and mates have a great 2019

Clubs really dont give a toss about fans, football is now a business and all about money squeezing every last penny out of every and because its a business supporter clubs can no longer be open with supporters and in turn supporters dont feel part of the club.

I don't think that's true at all clubs. Sadly I think it is true of ours.

It might explain why so many fans are turning away from Gills though.

The most important signing Gills could make is someone in PR to reconnect with the fans and keep Scally well away from it. He has plenty of attributes but engaging with the fans is not one and he should leave it to someone else.

It doesn't actually take much either. That was the one thing Mad Dog was excellent at - he truly made the fans feel important.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/sport/fans-need-to-feel-special-too-196137/

It should be remembered that this 3rd round was not included in the years budget so prices should have been lower so as to turn this into a real football celebration.

It should be remembered that this 3rd round was not included in the years budget so prices should have been lower so as to turn this into a real football celebration.

The club will probably only break even at best becuase of what gets given to teh away side - lowering prices would have made that worse