Carabao Cup Second Round Draw | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Second Round Draw

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
The draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup takes place after tonight's unappealing televised tie between Burton and Leicester, so probably around 10pm to 10.15pm.

Ball numbers for the Northern section:

1 Blackburn Rovers
2 Blackpool
3 Bolton Wanderers
4 Bradford City
5 Burnley
6 Crewe Alexandra
7 Doncaster Rovers
8 Everton
9 Harrogate Town
10 Lincoln City
11 Mansfield Town
12 Middlesbrough
13 Nottingham Forest
14 Port Vale
15 Rotherham United
16 Salford City
17 Sheffield United
18 Sheffield Wednesday
19 Stoke City
20 Tranmere Rovers
21 Wolverhampton Wanderers
22 Wrexham
23 Burton Albion or Leicester City
24 Leeds United or Shrewsbury Town

Home draw would be nice perhaps against Forest or even the likes of Middlesborough or Stoke

Probably get Harrogate away

Just had a quick check and realised I've been to most of those grounds so given it will be an away tie I would be happy for it to be any of Harrogate, Middlesborough, Burton or Leicester to chalk off another one.

Just had a quick check and realised I've been to most of those grounds so given it will be an away tie I would be happy for it to be any of Harrogate, Middlesborough, Burton or Leicester to chalk off another one.
Same for me, I was going to write a post saying I'd like a champ draw somewhere I haven't been (assuming we're away!) And I think it can only be Boro or Leicester. Please not burton, I've got Vietnam style flashbacks to boxing day.

Middlesbrough and Barnsley are the only two 'traditional' Football League clubs I have never seen play (obviously excluding some of the Johnny-come-latelies such as Salford and Harrogate). Leicester is one of the grounds I lost when they moved to the Kingfailure a few years ago; one of the great Lincoln City cup nights at Filbert Street in 1982.

Shame, more Prem teams in the southern draw so it is more unlikely we'll hit a big side. Low prize money in this tournament so always better to get a big draw, tv money and bow out.