CAPTAIN | Page 2 | Vital Football

CAPTAIN

Check our his stats for last season Rod.
I don't usually take much notice of stats Chippy,he was playing behind a confident squad,a very good defence and still dropped ballax at times.I'm not saying Henderson isn't a good keeper he is in my opinion,but i don't think he's anywhere near as gr8 as some fans do,i think his personality as well as keeping skills made him very popular.He's number at 2 Manure hardly makes him the best keeper in the league mi thinks.He was never going to be our keeper permanently and i'd sooner get behind our lad than keep banging on about Henderson but as always each to their own mi owd pal.UTMPB

I don't usually take much notice of stats Chippy,he was playing behind a confident squad,a very good defence and still dropped ballax at times.I'm not saying Henderson isn't a good keeper he is in my opinion,but i don't think he's anywhere near as gr8 as some fans do,i think his personality as well as keeping skills made him very popular.He's number at 2 Manure hardly makes him the best keeper in the league mi thinks.He was never going to be our keeper permanently and i'd sooner get behind our lad than keep banging on about Henderson but as always each to their own mi owd pal.UTMPB
But it does for me Rod, considering his age and experience I'd have him tomorrow over any other keeper in the league.

Just looked it up and Hendo has better stats for 2019/20 season.
If they gave me a choice then I'd have Hendo.
Hendo, although it's irrelevant now, will have better stats for 2 reasons
- he was playing behind a much more stable defence
- he is not without his faults but he is a better keeper- technically, athleticism, communication,belief in his own abilities.

Many will argue that it's a bit of a chicken v egg argument.

Sad fact in that is we've bought a bad egg making those in front more 'chicken' in their approach and lacking confidence that the egg will deal with it competently.

Just looked it up and Hendo has better stats for 2019/20 season.
If they gave me a choice then I'd have Hendo.
I'm sure had Our Chris had the chance to sign Henderson he would've signed him Chippy but as i said in my previous post it was never going to happen.UTMPB

Hendo, although it's irrelevant now, will have better stats for 2 reasons
- he was playing behind a much more stable defence
- he is not without his faults but he is a better keeper- technically, athleticism, communication,belief in his own abilities.

Many will argue that it's a bit of a ad fact in that chicken v egg argument.

Sad fact in that is we've bought a bad egg making those in front more 'chicken' in their approach and confidence that the egg will deal with it competently.
My compariosn was against that ManU goalie, that's all TT.

But it does for me Rod, considering his age and experience I'd have him tomorrow over any other keeper in the league.
I would have Kane&Son in our side Chippy but guess what it aint gunna happen.Henderson's gone,Rammers is here,time to move on mi owd pal or i'd say i'd love TC&Woody&len back in the side,obviously as they were in the 1970's.UTMPB

JOC will help that TT
I hope so Chips but it's not just his overall performance , it's the amount of 'issues' he has technically.

I posted this clip on the Bristal cup match thread about his spring, his atleticism apart from all the other issues I have mentioned. Here's what I posted then.

"Compare the first goals for both teams,Moose's header sees their keeper almost reach it from a standing start whilst theirs sees a similar cross , with a similar header, leave R/dale a good distance away from the ball not getting the height and spring his counterpart did.

For the avoidance of doubt I AM NOT BLAMING RAMSDALE FOR THE GOAL, the defenders should have done better ( was it a foul on Bash similar to the one given against Egan?) but use the clip as an example of what I have been trying to convey."

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=245281803659230

I had exactly that thought earlier today FKB. From a team with no worries, with brio, spirit , confidence etc we've declined so , so much it beggars belief.

It can't just be a couple of changes, the loss of JOC, the change of keeper just cannot make a squad of 20 odd suddenly have collective football failure.

There's somat deeper about.

I keep going back to the 'Band of Brothers'. As soon as you've got big names coming in with three or four times the wages, and an expectation to play at top level, rather than lads playing at a level they probably never thought they'd reach, its very difficult to accommodate both of those mentalities...

I hope so Chips but it's not just his overall performance , it's the amount of 'issues' he has technically.

I posted this clip on the Bristal cup match thread about his spring, his atleticism apart from all the other issues I have mentioned. Here's what I posted then.

"Compare the first goals for both teams,Moose's header sees their keeper almost reach it from a standing start whilst theirs sees a similar cross , with a similar header, leave R/dale a good distance away from the ball not getting the height and spring his counterpart did.

For the avoidance of doubt I AM NOT BLAMING RAMSDALE FOR THE GOAL, the defenders should have done better ( was it a foul on Bash similar to the one given against Egan?) but use the clip as an example of what I have been trying to convey."

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=245281803659230
TT, I watched it a few times and it was a good 'spring' but the hesader gave him time to move his feet first. Difficult to use as evidence of a possilb save. I take your point and I have my doubts aswell but we all hope he 1) gets the defensive cover 2) learns to use his feet 3) learns from experience.

A quick question....if Rammy had let that in then some on here would blame
him for not getting to it with the time he had?

TT, I watched it a few times and it was a good 'spring' but the hesader gave him time to move his feet first. Difficult to use as evidence of a possilb save. I take your point and I have my doubts aswell but we all hope he 1) gets the defensive cover 2) learns to use his feet 3) learns from experience.

A quick question....if Rammy had let that in then some on here would blame
him for not getting to it with the time he had?

He's certainly clocking up the experience but it worries me that he was brought in and , to me, seems to have so many ( let's be positive here!) areas with great scope for development.Did we not see it, did we take him because we thought we knew enough about him or because we knew and think he can improve? If the latter, it's a very risky strategy, playing with your PL status.

It would be harsh to blame R/dale for not saving the header Moose scored with but at least that keper got close to it.

As the clip shows R/dale gets nowhere near the distance or height needed when diving.

He's certainly clocking up the experience but it worries me that he was brought in and , to me, seems to have so many ( let's be positive here!) areas with great scope for development.Did we not see it, did we take him because we thought we knew enough about him or because we knew and think he can improve? If the latter, it's a very risky strategy, playing with your PL status.

It would be harsh to blame R/dale for not saving the header Moose scored with but at least that keper got close to it.

As the clip shows R/dale gets nowhere near the distance or height needed when diving.

I've not blamed Rammy for many this season, especially with our defence. But then I don't like blaming one person for anything done wrong in real time action.
Less mistakes do normally mean more points so we need perfection for the last
19 or we are doomed. I say doomed but I'm resigned to it and look forward to the day we are back at the Lane to see live action and for us to help our team TT (in the Prem or one lower).

I've not blamed Rammy for many this season, especially with our defence. But then I don't like blaming one person for anything done wrong in real time action.
Less mistakes do normally mean more points so we need perfection for the last
19 or we are doomed. I say doomed but I'm resigned to it and look forward to the day we are back at the Lane to see live action and for us to help our team TT (in the Prem or one lower).
To be fair there are very few that are directly down to him ( back post at Chelsea?) Chips.

As I am trying to point out, it's his general performance.

In cricketing terms a bit like having an untidy wicketkeeper and wktkeepers set the fielding standards for the rest.
Talking about getting back to BDBL it would have been interesting to see fans reactions to him and others. It also might be nowhere this bad as we have lost a massive asset in the crowd backing.

To be fair there are very few that are directly down to him ( back post at Chelsea?) Chips.

In cricketing terms a bit like having an untidy wicketkeeper and wktkeepers set the fielding standards for the rest.
Talking about getting back to BDBL it would have been interesting to see fans reactions to him and others. It also might be nowhere this bad as we have lost a massive asset in the crowd backing.
TT, I never want to see a George Long situation ever again.

He scares me at the moment - looks nervy and as you say, is a mess when having to make quick decisions. Mr Spurs, who is an ex-keeper, is not impressed in general sadly.

Crazy situation when you think of how many captains for previous clubs there is.
O'Connell, Egan, Lundstram, Fleck , Sharp ,Jageilka, Fleck ,Norwood I'm sure there's a couple more as well.

He scares me at the moment - looks nervy and as you say, is a mess when having to make quick decisions. Mr Spurs, who is an ex-keeper, is not impressed in general sadly.
Mr Spurs and I have 2 things in common then, a bit of expeience and a recognition of his sloppiness