CAPTAIN | Vital Football

CAPTAIN

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
less. we just dont have a leader. a player to strike fear into a player if he fucks up,an organiser ,someone to spur us on,someone to bollock a player for not pulling his weight, someone to take the game by the troat and demand it submits to sheffield united, a nasty horrible bastard who other teams fans fucking hate but would wish he were in their team. is there any about fuck knows ,but we could do wi one. i noticed billys being a bit of a nasty bleeder, must be kiiling that lad to see whimp performances while hes sat there. wheres chris morgan when ya need him.

Souness made a comment about expecting 8 or 9 of his team mates to be hammering him at half time if he made the same mistake Norwood did for Kane's goal.

Wonder if anyone had strong words with Norwood. I bet they didn't.

Souness made a comment about expecting 8 or 9 of his team mates to be hammering him at half time if he made the same mistake Norwood did for Kane's goal.

exactly chronic ,any suggestions to pin our hopes on. just dont know anyone around who we could go for,not that we would but hope springs eternal

In a basset team he would probably gotten a slap. A bit too soft are we at the moment.

correct winni ,shame really cause this teams legacy is in ruins. hoe it dosnt end this way though

Pearson. The answer to everything!

Pretty sure he's captained Preston.

Celtic, WBA and Brentford linked with him.

We need to move now.

Be very disappointed to see him go elsewhere while we persist with a stale Norwood next season.

It’s an unusual situation. Many times in the past I’ve complained that we haven’t got a proper captain and lacked leaders in the squad, but just a year ago, many of us were saying we’d got a team full of leaders so what’s changed? Most of those players are still here and though their form might have dipped, their characters shouldn’t have changed.

Norwood was widely regarded as a good captain as was Billy, and we’d also got Egan, Bash, Stevens, McGoldrick and Fleck who were all seen as leaders on and off the pitch and Jags who was also in the dressing room. Two massive characters in Henderson and O’Connell are missing but surely this team full of ‘leaders’ who saw us through 2 promotions and a great first season back in the PL haven’t suddenly turned to lilly-livered wimps en mass have they? It’s baffling, does a footballer’s character go with age as well as their legs?

It’s an unusual situation. Many times in the past I’ve complained that we haven’t got a proper captain and lacked leaders in the squad, but just a year ago, many of us were saying we’d got a team full of leaders so what’s changed? Most of those players are still here and though their form might have dipped, their characters shouldn’t have changed.

Norwood was widely regarded as a good captain as was Billy, and we’d also got Egan, Bash, Stevens, McGoldrick and Fleck who were all seen as leaders on and off the pitch and Jags who was also in the dressing room. Two massive characters in Henderson and O’Connell are missing but surely this team full of ‘leaders’ who saw us through 2 promotions and a great first season back in the PL haven’t suddenly turned to lilly-livered wimps en mass have they? It’s baffling, does a footballer’s character go with age as well as their legs?

I was chatting with my Chessie supporting mate yesterday and he said 'How can you get that shit in nine months?'. There is clearly something as wrong in the changing room as there is on the pitch, for my money.

I was chatting with my Chessie supporting mate yesterday and he said 'How can you get that shit in nine months?'. There is clearly something as wrong in the changing room as there is on the pitch, for my money.
Nothing to do with long term injuries and us losing the best keeper in the league?

Check our his stats for last season Rod.
I don’t like making comparisons with ex/current players Chippy and I loved Hendo, but I think the most important stat is the amount of shots he had to save in an average game compared to Ramsdale. My guess it must be 3 or 4 times more. Henderson’s main strength for me was that he often had nothing to do but then would pull off a fantastic save to gain us a point or points. I’m not sure how well he’d fare behind the current defensive cover offered.

I had exactly that thought earlier today FKB. From a team with no worries, with brio, spirit , confidence etc we've declined so , so much it beggars belief.

It can't just be a couple of changes, the loss of JOC, the change of keeper just cannot make a squad of 20 odd suddenly have collective football failure.

There's somat deeper about.

I don’t like making comparisons with ex/current players Chippy and I loved Hendo, but I think the most important stat is the amount of shots he had to save in an average game compared to Ramsdale. My guess it must be 3 or 4 times more. Henderson’s main strength for me was that he often had nothing to do but then would pull off a fantastic save to gain us a point or points. I’m not sure how well he’d fare behind the current defensive cover offered.
Just looked it up and Hendo has better stats for 2019/20 season.
If they gave me a choice then I'd have Hendo.