CAPM320 | Page 3 | Vital Football

CAPM320

plumbob

Vital Football Hero
Not remotely. I like trains as a form of transport very much, when they are run well and in the interests of all. Let's call it public transport and then make it so. ;)
I always use the train when I know the day will end with me in no fit state to drive (maybe driverless cars will change that!). My biggest problem with them is the cost. For short journeys, no problem, £8 return to Leeds or Sheffield brilliant. Longer journeys are generally a rip-off, and in no way encouraging me to use them more frequently.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
I always use the train when I know the day will end with me in no fit state to drive (maybe driverless cars will change that!). My biggest problem with them is the cost. For short journeys, no problem, £8 return to Leeds or Sheffield brilliant. Longer journeys are generally a rip-off, and in no way encouraging me to use them more frequently.
I completely agree.

Rob the Imp

Vital Football Hero
Agree about affordability - I go up to Sheffield semi-regularly and it would be nice and easy to take the train to and from, but for cost. It's far cheaper for me to drive and pay for parking! It shouldn't be that way, but there you go.