CAPM320 | Page 3 | Vital Football

CAPM320

Notty you must feel the same about Rail travel as i do about Airlines and Aircraft , after working for an airline for over 30 yrs

No, not like that at all. I can't remember any Great Western locos called "Fluffy" and "Cuddles".

Well, they did have one called Myrtle and another called Lily, but no, they did tend to go for more macho names like Slaughter and Thunderer.

Well, they did have one called Myrtle and another called Lily, but no, they did tend to go for more macho names like Slaughter and Thunderer.

There is literally nothing phallic about a steam-train pounding at full speed into a tunnel. 🤣

When it comes to loco names on the LNER, I always think Pretty Polly takes some beating for naffness.

Not remotely. I like trains as a form of transport very much, when they are run well and in the interests of all. Let's call it public transport and then make it so. ;)
I always use the train when I know the day will end with me in no fit state to drive (maybe driverless cars will change that!). My biggest problem with them is the cost. For short journeys, no problem, £8 return to Leeds or Sheffield brilliant. Longer journeys are generally a rip-off, and in no way encouraging me to use them more frequently.

I always use the train when I know the day will end with me in no fit state to drive (maybe driverless cars will change that!). My biggest problem with them is the cost. For short journeys, no problem, £8 return to Leeds or Sheffield brilliant. Longer journeys are generally a rip-off, and in no way encouraging me to use them more frequently.

I completely agree.

Agree about affordability - I go up to Sheffield semi-regularly and it would be nice and easy to take the train to and from, but for cost. It's far cheaper for me to drive and pay for parking! It shouldn't be that way, but there you go.