Can we make the play offs? | Page 10 | Vital Football

Can we make the play offs?

As mentioned on the match thread, injuries to House and Draper really is the key to out chances of grabbing that 6th spot in my view.

If we lose House and Draper for most of the remaining games, as well as Makama did last night, I just don't think we will have the physical presence and pressing up front to maintain our current form.

If we can have House or Draper available, then... who knows!
In much the same way the injuries to McGranny and Hamilton has totally fecked our prospects. Stay calm we will find a way.

In the space of three games I've gone from "well we're probably not going to make the play-offs but let's enjoy the ride" to "we've got a chance y'know" to "I'll be disappointed if we don't."

Hopefully the international break and Erhahon's suspension won't derail our momentum.

We are watching an unprecedented run of goalscoring form that we may never see again.
I don't know what the record is for the number of goals scored in a 7 day period but we must be up there as one of the highest now.

Can we make the play offs ?
7 days ago it just looked like a pipe dream.

Tonight it looks very different.

So yes we can make the play offs and we have the kind of run in that gives us every possible chance

Bored so looked at the stats. The average points tally for 6th place in the last 5 seasons (discounting 19/20) is 76 points. To reach this, we’d need 31 points from 13 games. To put this into perspective, our current points per game overall is 1.36. We’d need to up that to 2.3 to reach this milestone. What is good news is that in the last 6 games, our ppg is 2, so not far off. Better is that Oxford, who currently occupy 6th place, have a 6 game ppg of 1.16. Stevenage in 7th have the same. Even better is the fact we play both, albeit Oxford away. Our remaining games are tough, despite the fact they are mainly with teams currently around us. Is it achievable? Yes.
Since my post, our ppg is 2.7. To reach 76 points, we still need 2.3 ppg or bluntly, another 16 points from the remaining games. Looking at our goal difference and that of those around us, I think that 75 points may be enough to secure that last spot. Still think 6 points against Orient and Oxford are vital to reduce their points tally.

I think that 75 points may be enough to secure that last spot. Still think 6 points against Orient and Oxford are vital to reduce their points tally.
Yes, it isn't just a case of reaching 75 points: that total could be fluid depending on which other teams we beat (or don't).

who can we lose to with this form, and with the teams around us both above and below all losing games we should make it. Come on Boys

All this "have to win five from seven" stuff is just conjecture though. The teams around us are having big changes in form. There's nothing to stop them bollocking up their whole run-in

Thought this was worth a bump.

I'm not sure even the most rose-tinted optimist would have envisaged that with 6 games to go, it's now basically wholly in our hands to make it happen.

After the demolition jobs of recent games, today's win eked out of a relatively poor performance against difficult, obdurate opponents shows we're learning to win in different ways. That's a useful ability to have.

Exciting times!

Thought this was worth a bump.

I'm not sure even the most rose-tinted optimist would have envisaged that with 6 games to go, it's now basically wholly in our hands to make it happen.

After the demolition jobs of recent games, today's win eked out of a relatively poor performance against difficult, obdurate opponents shows we're learning to win in different ways. That's a useful ability to have.

Exciting times!
Since we still have Oxford to play, it’s completely in our own hands.

Simply win 6 games and we’re in the playoffs (unfortunately I doubt it will be that straight forward!!).

Never saw this, even 4 games ago!