Callum Morton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Callum Morton

Those in a rush should remember we only signed Walker the day before the opening game last year

Our Ops Director is a season ticket holder at WBA and is raving about Morton and is saying if we get him for the season he is predicting he will end up top scorer in League 1 even at 20 years old. I flippin hope so!

Could there be a sniff of a play-off push with a lethal striker up front. Okay I am dreaming but hey you have to live in hope don't you?

Why not? It's a new season. anything can happen.People are comparing him to Steve Bull. Who at the time we had to flog to the Orange filth to keep afloat. It'll be good to see how it pans out for him. Don't worry either, As Madeley can be trusted, and never talks openly as he has unless a deal been done.

Our Ops Director is a season ticket holder at WBA and is raving about Morton and is saying if we get him for the season he is predicting he will end up top scorer in League 1 even at 20 years old. I flippin hope so!

Could there be a sniff of a play-off push with a lethal striker up front. Okay I am dreaming but hey you have to live in hope don't you?

To get anywhere you have someone banging them in up front and helps to have a goalie keeping clean sheets at the back.
I noticed I'm the only one so far in the "where will they finish" thread that's gone for a play off berth. That is more in hope than expectation though.
We may surprise a few, who knows?

To get anywhere you have someone banging them in up front and helps to have a goalie keeping clean sheets at the back.
I noticed I'm the only one so far in the "where will they finish" thread that's gone for a play off berth. That is more in hope than expectation though.

You do never know but a play off place would be a major surprise. Be happy with mid table tbh. Though if Morton signs and does score a reasonable amount, we should be able to hold our own and surprise a few teams.

agree about the keeper and a goalscorer. but you need quality through the spine. i would say we have that with Bridcutt. we are about to see whether we have it in central defence... and in the creative midfield/ten position, where the chances for the striker are made.

we're on the verge of signing David Button once thats done, Alex Palmer will be on the way

It'll be interesting to see where Morton plays, will it be wide on a front 3, replace Hopper at the number 9 or play behind him as a 10?

Probably automatic promotion 😊😊

Certainly not wanting to buy a dampener on things but was he that good at Northampton?

Sounds a great prospect.

Think also with his time at Braintree he has a better than one in two ratio, admittedly not played many games yet.