Callum Morton | Vital Football

Callum Morton

Has signed a 4 year deal with us (WBA) it's expected we'll loan him to you by the end of the week. No news on Palmer yet but we have to bring someone in

Thanks, we saw a link from earlier saying this is likely. We certainly need a forward or two and Callum looks like he will certainly strengthen us a great deal.

If we do get these two loan players from the Baggies, how much of it is down to MApp in terms of the confidence WBA and the players themselves have in his coaching and ability to further progress their development.

Boing Boing

One way he could get pulled - as part of his development, is if he has a superb first few months and then championship clubs show interest in a January loan.
not a bad worry to have, and we haven’t even signed him yet.

One way he could get pulled - as part of his development, is if he has a superb first few months and then championship clubs show interest in a January loan.

That would be a possible concern, but as it’s not Forest I think we might have more chance keeping him for a season. Surely these recall clauses are ironed out mostly before any signature. If not and he does sign, we get a decent player for several months.

Hi
nlondonimp
If that happens then he could end up like Walker sat on the bench which wouldn't benefit any of the 3 teams & the player involved, he would benefit more by staying like Morrell did.
If he eventually comes.

I can understand why wba are waiting on letting Palmer go out on loan, but why are they waiting on Morton? You would think that if they want him to get game time, the sooner he gets out on loan, the sooner he gets integrated into the squad. Wherever he is going.
My concern is, why the delay? Appleton has publicly stated our interest. He has now signed a new contract - similar to eyoma - so his future is secure... are wba/morton still deciding where best to go?

I can understand why wba are waiting on letting Palmer go out on loan, but why are they waiting on Morton? You would think that if they want him to get game time, the sooner he gets out on loan, the sooner he gets integrated into the squad. Wherever he is going.
My concern is, why the delay? Appleton has publicly stated our interest. He has now signed a new contract - similar to eyoma - so his future is secure... are wba/morton still deciding where best to go?
He hasn't signed it yet, it's just been agreed.

John Percy's saying David Button will be in by the weekend if he is then Alex Palmer will be coming too. Understand this Appleton was our academy head for 10 years, Caretaker manager once. No. 2 twice. we sold Kemar Roofe to him at Oxford for £1. Admittedly we had a sell on clause that was massive. He's really highly thought of by us. We know the loans will be handled and taught well. So althougth I'd never claim to be IDK. I think it's a fairly safe bet it'll be a season loan

Our Ops Director is a season ticket holder at WBA and is raving about Morton and is saying if we get him for the season he is predicting he will end up top scorer in League 1 even at 20 years old. I flippin hope so!

Could there be a sniff of a play-off push with a lethal striker up front. Okay I am dreaming but hey you have to live in hope don't you?