By The God's We're Improving Off The Pitch As Well | Vital Football

By The God's We're Improving Off The Pitch As Well

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
It's being reported that Aston Villa's pre tax losses have been slashed in our latest set of accounts.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524328">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Brum Mail saying Aston Villa Football Club Ltd accounts show a loss of £.7.5million for the year, down from £29.6million. £26.6million profit on offloading players.

FFP has made it's impression on our accounts - which in a perverse way has been good. Perhaps FFP isn't so bad after all....

:10: :17:

Ok..... so what's the catch?

2nd in the league, losses now next to nothing and Steve Round's philosophy is starting to take root. Things are looking bright. But this is the Villa, so what's the catch? :23:

Proud history, bright future? :10:

There isn't one JPA. It's just that we have some sensible people running the club now.

:94: :94: :94: :94: :94: :94: :94:

McParlandTheGreat - 15/2/2018 19:03

JuanPabloAngel - 15/2/2018 17:52

Ok..... so what's the catch?

There must be one somewhere.... How about Randy has an option to buy back the club if we're promoted :10:

I'm sure stranger things have happened! Or maybe he will get some kind of bonus once we regain our Premiership status within a certain time frame?

Ah well, as long as we're back on the right track. In how many years did Dr Xia predict world domination?

:94:

Still got to knuckle down the figures as there are contradictory assessments going round...bottom line is there is improvement and one of them it's said was to do with a decision RL took ahead of the sale to help the accounts down the line for Xia so a quicker line could be drawn apparently.

I'm hoping our resident maths wizards give us an idiots guide again like previous years to get to the bottom of everything.

I may be missing something but I don’t think that the holding company has filed yet, only the subsidiary accounts = waste of time analysing, subject to inter-group charges etc

Interesting that they have been filed on different days, possibly pr / manage conclusions / headlines....

Edit - the UK registered holding company appears to have filed, not sure what it reports yet

Mr Pink, good to see you. The report I led from said Recon Group UK accounts. Others have referenced Aston Villa Football Club Ltd and the figures are different - but I'm unsure of the difference is gross and net and it just hasn't been stated.

So in the dark myself not knowing which figures are actually accurate, but it does seem improvements have been made it just depends as to what degree.

Sorry folks but I can't include the tables etc in a direct post so have included some comments on the accounts as a pdf attachment.....

Of course, the six million dollar question is which figure counts for FFP......I remember that the write-off loss on the property doesn't count towards such, plus possibly expenditure on Youth development (c.£5m in both years) but will hopefully have time to revisit later today.

Attachments

• Aston Villa 20162017.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Pink - yup infrastructure and youth investment isn't counted for FFP purposes - least it's not in the Prem so I assume similar in the Champ.

Mike, I see the FFP situation as attached but it's not an exact science and am very happy to receive comments....

Attachments

• FFP 201617.pdf
    46 KB · Views: 0
I've got little to add when it comes to the numbering.

Just sure only first team related expenditure comes under FFP remit, anything else is ancillary so infrastructure and youth expenditure is exempt but by the same token say we build a hotel/restaurant, revenue from the hotel/restaurant can only be counted on matchdays themselves when they suit the first team angle. Rest of the week it doesn't come under FFP purposes whether profit or loss to the club.

There are conditions about interlinked sponsorship as well, it has to be fair in market value terms so it's not a quick fix to raising turnover and money into a club.

Even if we don't go up and star assets are sold we are definitely better prepared to deal with it and in the long term we will come back stronger and better. What is being put in place now will serve many generations in the future , in my humble opinion.

Might not be there yet, but at least there is a plan on the financial front to get there...and when we do we'll be much better placed.

Of course all that ceases to be a concern on promotion!

One of the main reasons sheff wed , Leeds, Derby and forrest have spent so long in this division is because they have been financially piss poorly run. Successfuly run clubs have a tendancy to do quite well.