Bury | Page 19 | Vital Football

Bury

Because Bolton cannot play the game. Why should the game be re-arranged, and if they do, who's gonna play for Bolton, the under 18's? This is no fault of Brentford's

I'm not advocating the game being replayed, Bolton need to be punished, a walk over would be a cop out by the EFL.

Don't know about the EFL, but in every single other league there are always points deducted for non fulfilment of a fixture.
It is also common to have a match then awarded to the other team if the fixture doesn't subsequently get played.

Now if the Bolton players continue with their strike (and given no pay for over 2 months and presumably their assessment that no prospect of those salaries being paid any time soon, the strike is understandable from their viewpoint), then should not the inevitable consequence be full expunging of all their results and removal from the EFL entirely??
Did the EFL, in their statement demanding the fixture be reaaranged asap, also say what penalty/penalties would follow if the fixture is not played?

More likely Scotland's game in Estonia when Estonia refused to play because the kick off time was changed for some reason. Scotland turned up and kicked off and then the game was abandoned. But I'm sure that was ordered to be replayed.

It was Estonia v Scotland.
Estonia refused to play but match went ahead with Scotland players only on the pitch and Tartan Army watching on.
Match kicked off and was then abandoned along with Tartan Army celebrating a fine win.
And match was indeed awarded to Scotland.

And having travelled to quite a number of Scotland away games over the years, you really do have to take any chance you can to celebrate a win...they are pretty rare!
In fact I've only witnessed one so far, and that was a epoch making victory away at world giants Liechtenstein ?

Didn’t Middlesborough fail to play a fixture at Blackburn under Bryan Robson? Can’t remember their punishment

Yes, I mentioned it a few days back. I think it was a flu bug and Boro called the game off without permission.

I can remember Exeter did not play at Scunthorpe for some reason in season 73-74.The final league table showed them both as playing 45 games each ! Scunthorpe were awarded the 2 points (2 for a win back then )

I can remember Exeter did not play at Scunthorpe for some reason in season 73-74.The final league table showed them both as playing 45 games each ! Scunthorpe were awarded the 2 points (2 for a win back then )

Details of this are that Exeter had medical certificates for 9 unfit players which left them with just 9 fit players, two of them goalkeepers. They were refused permission to call off their match against Peterborough on 30th March and Scunthorpe 3 days later. They played, and lost, their home match against Peterborough but refused to travel to Scunthorpe to fulfil their Division 4 fixture at the Old Showground scheduled for Tuesday April 2nd. There was speculation that Exeter's punishment might be expulsion from the Football League but later in April it was announced that the Devon side had been fined £5000 (around £50,000 in today's values) for not fulfilling the fixture and in addition were ordered to compensate Scunthorpe £1094 (around £11,000 today) for the lost gate receipts and expenses. It was a massive sum for a Division 4 side to pay. Uniquely the two points were awarded to Scunthorpe and the match was not ordered to be played. It is the only fixture in Football League history that was never played.

The above information and also details of the Middlesbrough v Blackburn failure to play are on this website:

https://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow25.htm#There isnt always universal agreement