Burton at home match threat | Page 8 | Vital Football

Burton at home match threat

I think Humphrys is a stereotypical flair player, he comes to life and is capable of magic when you get the ball with him in the right areas of the pitch. But if you don't get him the ball in those areas you won't get anything out of him and he's frustrating.

But get him the ball out wide facing goal in a one on one or in space around the box and he's capable of creating or scoring goals from nothing. There are very few of those type of players around and you sometimes have to put up with their faults when he's a match winner. I think our issue has been we dont make the most of him, just as we didn't with Lang and Wyke.

After the start we had.Even with the - 8. Should have Been pushing for the play offs. Wyke Lang And Humphrey are as good as anybody in this league. And proved that. At the start of the season. Bolton couldn’t handle. Them same at Derby. So something went wrong. Never in all my time watching Wigan have I seen a player more pissed of playing. Than Humphrey.s. He can’t wait for the 62 minute when the Maloney subs come on
Maloney has done exactly what he set out to do, and eactly what the owners wanted him to do.
The fact he has bored us senseless and is turning fans against him week in week out will not be of any concern to Mr Danson at the moment.
Next season may also be a free hit for Maloney, but once all the mess of the previous owners is fathomed out and dealt with he will be in deep trouble if he doesn't look to change it especially if he gets a few bob to spend.
Big if

I think Humphrys is a stereotypical flair player, he comes to life and is capable of magic when you get the ball with him in the right areas of the pitch. But if you don't get him the ball in those areas you won't get anything out of him and he's frustrating.

But get him the ball out wide facing goal in a one on one or in space around the box and he's capable of creating or scoring goals from nothing. There are very few of those type of players around and you sometimes have to put up with their faults when he's a match winner. I think our issue has been we dont make the most of him, just as we didn't with Lang and Wyke.
I think humps knows the score no contract due to wages
Unless he takes a pay cut which he knows he can just walk away away end of season
Which at moment he us doing when on the pitch just having a walk around
Think I would do the same as well

I think humps knows the score no contract due to wages
Unless he takes a pay cut which he knows he can just walk away away end of season
Which at moment he us doing when on the pitch just having a walk around
Think I would do the same as well

I think when he didnt have the ball he strolled around and rarely tracked back in a similar way he does now all season, including when he was in his best form. But in the games everyone was singing his praises we were getting him the ball in the right areas more and he was ripping teams apart so no one minded that much.

I think biggest difference is we aren't getting him the ball in those right areas as much so he's doing less because of that rather than he's trying less.

If Humps thinks he's going he is playing to attract the best offer from other clubs so i doubt he'd down tools as he'll get less interest if he is is rubbish form than if he's on fire. I think he's frustrated he's not getting the chance to show his best as he wants to put himself in the shop window.